Squonking is Dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
Saw a relatively new vape shop in my neighborhood and decided to check it out and give him some business. Walked in there with one of my Squonk box's and he immediately saw it and he said "I know that's a Squonk box, Squonking is dead"! I replied really, what's in fashion these days, and he replied back, tanks and drippers. I said, really? That's why he doesn't sell any squonk box. Wow, like I was in the wrong place, or felt out of place or stepped into a time capsule or something. He kept looking at my squonk box (BF Therion) like it was something from ancient times and shaking his head. He tried to sell me on some of his stuff, and I just politely said "no thanks", and walked out. Obviously, nothing for me in that store. What a turn off.

I guess I must be old fashion or just not up with the times. Nonetheless, I walked out of there feeling good. Anyone any thoughts?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Vape shops will try to sell what they have in stock, and many will tell you almost anything to get you to buy it. I worked in a vape shop in 2014; had you visited that store, I would have been interested in what gear you were using and your thoughts on why you liked it. But I guess I wasn't your typical vape shop employee.

I've owned and used a couple of squonkers myself. Just wasn't my preferred style to vape.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
So tanks and drippers are in, squonking out. Got it.
You should let him know that he doesn’t have to drip all the time. There is a bottom feeding pin lots of drippers come with which allows juice to be feed through removing the need to drip. With the right mod of course.
Smoking is dead, vaping, however you choose to do so, is “IN”. You should tell that vape shop owner that most retail shops supply what is in demand. They do not decide for everyone else what is “in” and sell that. It may work out better for him in the future. Just my thoughts

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
My suspicion is he know what a therion was and knew it was better than anything he had in stock so his only hope to make a sale was to tell you it was bad. Serious ethics trouble there.
Or as it's called in the industry.
Poor customer experience management.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Just another example of why I have never gone into B&M's. There are endless reasons, but that mentality is a prime example.

Wonder what they'd say if I showed up with my 43 mech and regulated squonk mods in tow (and none of the examples of the far larger number of other types of mods that I no longer use)?

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
They are salesmen, they are there for one reason and one reason only. That is to do or say whatever they can to get money from your pocket into their registers. Just keep that in mind whenever you walk into shop (that really goes for any shop, not just vaping). There are some exceptions to the rule and a few shops will just be there to truly be helpful. But the problem is that money keeps the doors open, not helpfulness.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I can accept that with an industry that turns out new mods every 2 weeks it can be hard for a small shop to stay on top of the game. But if anything it's their job to figure out how to do that. If they start treating customers as idiots instead they're half way into closing time. Nobody to blame for too much old stock than the clown who bought it. Make the best of it but don't tell me "squonking is dead, you need this ego twist and a vivi nova".

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Damn it, why didn't someone tell me this sooner!!! I just got my first bf tank (actually 2) for squonking today! I haven't even got a coil in it yet and now it's dead!!! And of course now I have a useless squonk box too!!
Don't panic, not all is lost - just put some silicone in the hollow 510 (the bigger the blob the better the job) and take the squonk bottle out. That leaves a handy space to carry your juice bottle in.
You're welcome.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Damn it, why didn't someone tell me this sooner!!! I just got my first bf tank (actually 2) for squonking today! I haven't even got a coil in it yet and now it's dead!!! And of course now I have a useless squonk box too!!

Oh, don't worry ... just 'cause it's dead doesn't mean one can't partake in a little necro-vapia ... perhaps with one of these:

DMTeKd9.jpg

... you keep what you vape

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
sounds like he's a bad sales man, putting off a potential customer. Just because squonking isn't his style doesn't mean he should offend his customers. I wouldn't shop there again.

My local vape shop owner uses one of those pen style vape, but he welcomes everyone to his store. I just go there to buy some juice occasionally.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Truthfully the forums are the only places I see squonks. In the small towns around here some don't know squonking exists and most aren't interested in forums. Not hard to imagine that shop owners don't want to take a chance on what to them might be a short lived fad. I don't know of a single shop owner around here that even lurks on forums to see what is gaining in popularity.

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
I quit going to any of the three vape shops in my town. Two of them didn’t know what squonking was, or a 20700 battery. None of them carry any RTA’s or RDA’s, no batteries except 18650’s, and no Squonkers, no wire, cotton....etc.

But if you want a Smok mod and a Baby Beast, they got you covered. They can have you chukin’ clouds in no time. Needless to say there is no reason for me to go back to any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread