Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
How are they going to make money if they are not helpful? As if they are not, I just leave with my money. :p
Not everyone shares your practices obviously.

A shop that used to be around here was very unhelpful and judgemental to almost everyone I seen go to it. But had really low prices on juice. So a whole lot of people put up with it to save a couple bucks. It kept his doors open for years. He even only sold the one mod and sub ohm tank he used because he said it was the best and had no reason to carry anything else. He would still be open if he didn't loose his lease on that building.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't go to stores that much anymore either. There just isn't much reason for me to, but I do have to wonder, are there enough new, inexperienced vapers to keep these stores afloat, or what is happening?

The only ones I go to nowadays are the "laundromat" ones, and I only go there as a) always an adventure (like when I see a new one pop up with enough neon pulsing letters stating, "I am a front from the across the border mafia!" I always go, because I want to see what they have at ridiculous prices, even though I often don't get anything) and b) the prices.

I am figuring it's not really "supporting" the mafia, I MEAN, they are going to collect fictional quarters whether I actually give them quarters for the machines or not, and they're more entertaining than the legit stores near me that only carry Kangertech and Smok, I mean the last time I went to one and asked for something MTL the clerk thought deeply and then pulled out an original Nautilus that was dusty. So, not that much point, but I guess there must be enough sort of "plug in my vape and play" vapers to keep those stores going.

I don't understand it. Granted, folks in Tucson do ENJOY their tattoos and stuff, but there is literally one on every corner it seems like I do not see how they ALL stay in business. Etc.

Anna

Reactions: BillW50

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I don't understand it. Granted, folks in Tucson do ENJOY their tattoos and stuff, but there is literally one on every corner it seems like I do not see how they ALL stay in business. Etc.

Extremely low overhead with tattooing. The equipment is not very expensive and your ongoing operational cost, sans rent, is very cost effective. One doesn’t even have to be an artist to tattoo for they can use other artist’s work (called Flash) to stencil and trace. No inventory to worry about so strictly profit from labor.

• Informative
Reactions: stols001

Tinker Ray

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Saw a relatively new Vape shop in my neighborhood and decided to check it out and give him some business. Walked in there with one of my Squonk box's and he immediately saw it and he said "I know that's a Squonk box, Squonking is dead"! I replied really, what's in fashion these days, and he replied back, tanks and drippers. I said, really? That's why he doesn't sell any squonk box. Wow, like I was in the wrong place, or felt out of place or stepped into a time capsule or something. He kept looking at my squonk box (BF Therion) like it was something from ancient times and shaking his head. He tried to sell me on some of his stuff, and I just politely said "no thanks", and walked out. Obviously, nothing for me in that store. What a turn off.

I guess I must be old fashion or just not up with the times. Nonetheless, I walked out of there feeling good. Anyone any thoughts?
count me as a member of the Squonking Dead

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
I just noticed a New recently open Vape shop very close to where I live. I popped in there today and I asked the owner if he was getting the Pulse X and Pulse 80 watt in stock and he said YES! He has the Pulse Mechanical squonk and Desire Rage squonk atm and he will be getting more in after the chinese holidays.

So I think the vape shop you went into is behind the times. Squonking is Alive and growing!

Last edited:

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I just noticed a New recently open Vape shop very close to where I live. I popped in there today and I asked the owner if he was getting the Pulse X and Pulse 80 watt in stock and he said YES! He has the Pulse Mechanical squonk and Desire Rage squonk atm and he will be getting more in after the chinese holidays.

So I think the vape shop you went into is behind the times. Squonking is Alive and growing!
The primary vape shop near me always seemed to cater to the SMOK crowd. Didn't really carry many rebuildables or anything nicer.

I went in for the first time in a long time the week the Pulse 80w was released and was pleasantly surprised to see they had them in stock. Way too expensive of course, but it was nice to see they were broadening their horizons. :) I was really surprised they had it in stock period, let alone that quickly.

It's a small shop, I can understand they don't have the ability to have a huge inventory, but it was nice to see stuff other than the typical SMOK offerings. The folks there have always been nice too. Always curious about my setup, weren't afraid to ask questions when they didn't know the equipment you were carrying, etc.

Since then, two other shops have opened up. I'll have to check them out this weekend. May need to walk in vaping on my Kanger EVOD and Ego twist. Yes, I do still use them from time to time. Maybe I'll get out one of my 20w Vammos and dust it off, lol. We really have come a long way in the past years.

2018 was the first year I squonked, and I fell into the rabbit hole quickly. For how much new squonk gear has come out, this year alone, no way it's dead. Quite the opposite. Squonks are my preferred setup these days and probably 90% of the gear I've bought this year. The only time I've run an RTA/RDTA in the past six months was just to test something out. I head right back for my squonk setups at that point.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
The primary vape shop near me always seemed to cater to the SMOK crowd. Didn't really carry many rebuildables or anything nicer.

I went in for the first time in a long time the week the Pulse 80w was released and was pleasantly surprised to see they had them in stock. Way too expensive of course, but it was nice to see they were broadening their horizons. :) I was really surprised they had it in stock period, let alone that quickly.

It's a small shop, I can understand they don't have the ability to have a huge inventory, but it was nice to see stuff other than the typical SMOK offerings. The folks there have always been nice too. Always curious about my setup, weren't afraid to ask questions when they didn't know the equipment you were carrying, etc.

Since then, two other shops have opened up. I'll have to check them out this weekend. May need to walk in vaping on my Kanger EVOD and Ego twist. Yes, I do still use them from time to time. Maybe I'll get out one of my 20w Vammos and dust it off, lol. We really have come a long way in the past years.

2018 was the first year I squonked, and I fell into the rabbit hole quickly. For how much new squonk gear has come out, this year alone, no way it's dead. Quite the opposite. Squonks are my preferred setup these days and probably 90% of the gear I've bought this year. The only time I've run an RTA/RDTA in the past six months was just to test something out. I head right back for my squonk setups at that point.
I have not heard about using an evod and twist in some time. Yes I own a couple myself but I unfortunately do not use them any more. Only reason is I lost my darn ego charger to charge the twists.
We have come a long way in the vape world since those days.

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
Saw a relatively new Vape shop in my neighborhood and decided to check it out and give him some business. Walked in there with one of my Squonk box's and he immediately saw it and he said "I know that's a Squonk box, Squonking is dead"! I replied really, what's in fashion these days, and he replied back, tanks and drippers. I said, really? That's why he doesn't sell any squonk box. Wow, like I was in the wrong place, or felt out of place or stepped into a time capsule or something. He kept looking at my squonk box (BF Therion) like it was something from ancient times and shaking his head. He tried to sell me on some of his stuff, and I just politely said "no thanks", and walked out. Obviously, nothing for me in that store. What a turn off.

I guess I must be old fashion or just not up with the times. Nonetheless, I walked out of there feeling good. Anyone any thoughts?

I personally don't give a flying Dutchman what is in or out I like what I like. If I would have been you I would have told him he can suck my Commander and Chief and walked out. Like many others in here have said sounds like a greedy (rhymes with bunt) trying to make a sale. I rarely go to vape shops but the few I have if they ask me about my gear and the way I like to vape I am fine with that but if that is followed up by hey we have this I think you would like and it's only 200 bucks at a price like that you can't live without it. I am out the door signaling to them they are number 1.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Patiently awaiting the arrival of a couple "Pre-Ordered" Squonkers.....Sqounking alive and well in my household, lol.

Although I am surprisingly enjoying a Pico S with the supplied tank that was gifted to me today :)
Maybe why he doesn't stock squonkers. Squonking tends to lead to custom mod lists, randomisers etc. Not store purchases

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
Maybe why he doesn't stock squonkers. Squonking tends to lead to custom mod lists, randomisers etc. Not store purchases
Not stocking sqounkers was I believe a matter of choice. Not having particular types of vape devices or certain brands was no big deal with me. His store, his choice. What did bother me was his implication that my device was old fashion ("dead") and not the preferred or correct way to vape. If he was a salesman it may have rolled off me, but as the owner, he will never see me nor my friends in his store again.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
People walk in sideways pretending that they're leaving
We put on our makeup and work out all the lead-ins
Jack is in the alley selling Mods made in Hong Kong
Promoter's in the pay box wondering where the band's gone
Back in the pub the governor stops the clock
Squonk is dead they say

Long live Squonk!

Evesevere

Dec 5, 2017
I guess I am lucky because around me there are about 20 Vape shops. I have been to all of them and out of all of them I only go to 3 shops regularly. I also will always check out a new one when I see one. I have six squonks and rotate between them. I also drip on occasion, use mechs on occasion, subohm, and stealth. My shops have sold me
a few and I have ordered online as well. I try to support good local businesses and not always go online (yes I have saved a ton of money online but shops also have sales and I like to talk about certain vape topics in person).
When I go into a shop If the counter person doesn’t know what I am vaping on and tried to tell me their products are better-I usually look around and then politely tell them to have a good day. Sometimes I go into the chain shops and the employees tell me they wish that they could carry what I’m vaping on (then I shake my head and internally scold myself for purchasing my first few purchases from them four years ago when I started my vaping obsession). There are so many shops now that you just have to figure out the ones that have been in business a very long time and have employees that will sit and chitchat with you, show you their devices, and also what they have in stock. My Vape shop has been helping me by building coils for a specific deck that gives me issues and that’s just when I going to get some juice. I couldn’t imagine boycotting all shops because a few of them are rude or try to sell you inferior products but I am lucky that I have found the shops I have. Plus if I see a giant display of only Smok with NOTHING else- I am usually out of there pretty fast.

I guess I will have to have a funeral for my squonk devices tonight. Lol

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Squonking is dead.....for me anyway. Spent about a 100 bucks for an HCigar and various other items to go with it. Messed around with it for a couple of days. Realized it was a big PITA and it's been in a drawer ever since.
Wow! What HCigar squonker did you get? That 75C one? I have the following:
  • 4 Lost Vape Therion BF 75C
  • 2 Geek Vape GBOX 200W
  • 1 Vandy Vape Pulse 80W
I love the first two and hate the last one (mainly due to leaks). So what did you find was PITA with your HCigar?

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Wow! What HCigar squonker did you get? That 75C one? I have the following:
  • 4 Lost Vape Therion BF 75C
  • 2 Geek Vape GBOX 200W
  • 1 Vandy Vape Pulse 80W
I love the first two and hate the last one (mainly due to leaks). So what did you find was PITA with your HCigar?
Hcigar doesn't make a DNA 75C squonk mod. They only have the original DNA 75 chip in a squonker, which is the VT inbox. Their other squonks use propriety chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread