Starbucks bans PVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
It goes into effect Saturday, I just saw it on local news.

Is this a national policy, or local?

Whichever. They can ban anything inside their place of business, but I don't believe they have the authority to ban anything outside their front door, on a public sidewalk. (Please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong!)

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
Is this a national policy, or local?

Whichever. They can ban anything inside their place of business, but I don't believe they have the authority to ban anything outside their front door, on a public sidewalk. (Please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong!)

Depends on the property. If its public, then they would have to petition something with the local gov to get that. But if they own the building and the sidewalks and things are theirs, then by all means they can.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Depends on the property. If its public, then they would have to petition something with the local gov to get that. But if they own the building and the sidewalks and things are theirs, then by all means they can.

Most Starbucks I've seen do not have their own campus; that's what I was assuming in this case. As you say, I believe the municipality "rules" the sidewalks, not local businesses. (Or else: Abercromcie & Fitch rule: No one over a size 10 within 25 feet of an A&F store. And so on...)

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
There are so many battles to be fought on the vaping front, many if not most are more important than a SB ban, that I personally plan to take the "easy" (requiring least effort) way on this and, like pianoguy, vote with my wallet. With regret, though, as I'm a bit of a frappaholic. I'll miss my mocha fraps, but SB made its decision and I've made mine.

(In my dreams, I'm planning to open a vape shop across the street from FDA headquarters. Am now adding to that a branch next door to my local Starbucks... It will include an espresso machine in the vaping lounge.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread