The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Still smoking support and chat thread

Discussion in 'Switching' started by loxmythe, Jan 26, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. alisa1970

alisa1970 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2013
    Portland, OR
    I think some of the new people who drop in and decide not to stay, is because of the relationships that have already been built, and so there isn't a whole lot of value for them when we get chatty.

I know it's hard, because most of us prefer the chatting as (1) some of us have quit completely, and (2) those who haven't would rather not talk a lot about smoking.

I hope that we're able to find a happy medium where more new-comers can feel like they can get help and/or support, even if they don't know everyone yet. There seems to be a whole lot less commiserating going on than when I first started visiting. IDK--evolution of a thread? This is a tuffy, since I know that having friends here and a "home" to come to has been incredibly helpful for me.

I would be more than happy to see a whole new group of people finding themselves doing in this thread what we have done in the last one.

2. ShariR

ShariR Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Don't feel bad. Me too.

3. beebopnjazz

beebopnjazz PIF FORUM MODERATOR Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 20, 2010
    PA

Done! :) wonder how her shoulder is....

4. Claudia P

Claudia P Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2013
    Dayton, TN, USA
    It isn't going to be possible to please everyone and not everyone is going to fit in no matter that the topic is. Just like every other long standing thread some will stay some won't, I don't think it's anything any one person or group of people does. It's just human nature, some will like a fast moving chatty thread and others will want a strict support only thread, the ones who stay will like a mixture of both.

5. loxmythe

loxmythe Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2010
    pa
    Ok so I'll start a new thread. The "pif lounge" where we can just talk and have fun with no particular purpose or topic.
    Please keep in mind though that people in THIS thread still need your insight and help. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

6. Claudia P

Jul 19, 2013
    Dayton, TN, USA
    Thank you. I don't know whether she had the surgery or not, last she said was that it depended on how Bill was doing and that wasn't looking very positive at that time.

7. Claudia P

Jul 19, 2013
    Dayton, TN, USA
    So does that mean we should keep on topic here and use the other one to just chat with friends?

8. loxmythe

Jun 14, 2010
    pa
  9. aikanae1

aikanae1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    I'm coming up on my one year vapeaniversary and I'm still smoking. That's disheartening. Yet I recall FQ took a couple of years before she was able to quit completely and I believe others who say they are one cig away from going back to smoking full time again. So this is preventative for them. And there are others who are perfectly fine with reduced smoking and vaping more (moderate smoking). I think I'm straddling the line with where I fit.

Maybe the first post should have links to some ppl's stories.

10. loxmythe

Jun 14, 2010
    pa
    Not really. You can still socialize here. Sometimes a joke or a kind word is just what you need to get past a craving or back on track.

11. alisa1970

Mar 30, 2013
    Portland, OR
    Subscribed!

Thanks Lox--don't know how well it will work, but at least we have an option. If that thread ends up being redundant, I guess we'll just pack it up and only post here. :)

12. ShariR

ShariR Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    I am going to go back over my old posts and copy over some of the ones that demonstrate my evolution from smoker to vaper. Just for a foundation for this thread so new people know who we are and that we can help them with their journey and that it can be successful and rewarding; whatever that may be for them. Just so that new people do not get here to no info for their journey. An introduction of sorts.

13. loxmythe

Jun 14, 2010
    pa
    Whatever works for you is where you fit :)
    I'm coming up on 4 years vaping and I'm content with the fact I still smoke too.

14. alisa1970

Mar 30, 2013
    Portland, OR
    Fantastic Idea! I think I'll do the same. :)

15. loxmythe

Jun 14, 2010
    pa
    Yeah that's what I figure. Maybe we'll draw a few pif regulars into the conversation too. :)
    Besides threads are free :p

16. JJ1977

JJ1977 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

hello everyone hope you had a great week and do the same this week coming up lol i hate mondays

17. Thayamax

Thayamax PIF MODERATOR Extraordinaire Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 7, 2013
    Southeast Michigan
    You know I'm in! I love having a place to go where we can be silly, have fun and still talk about vaping and problems when the need arises.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I just hope people check out both and don't feel the need to choose one or the other.

I don't do Facebook. :(

18. aikanae1

aikanae1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    Come up with any new flavors lately? I'm in a flavor rut. Everything is tasting the same and it's blah.

19. JJ1977

JJ1977 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

added caramel candy to butterscotch gives a different taste but its good to my taste

20. loxmythe

Jun 14, 2010
    pa
    Try ry4 using dulce de leche instead of caramel ;)