Still smoking support and chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopeful64

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2018
Just checking in to let you all know I'm on a bit of a binge. This stress was toooooooo much this week and that included a death in the family. so I'm like a binge drinker who has fallin' off the wagon. I have read all the above very carefully and I will read them all again tomorrow. I WANT that extra ingredient if I thought it would help, I wouldn't give sh## how it tasted.

You guys are amazing.
Just when I'm desperate and starting to smoke more, I come here and here you all are with such wonderful encouragement. I think the most I did was 22-24 during this binge. But I WILL take the bull by the horns and conquer this demon!!!!!!
I'll be back tomorrow (still out there looking for a stupid $3000.00 car to get me around the city which i wasn't planning on doing! GRRRRRR :mad:) I honestly thought the car needed about $1000.00 worth of work and i was ready for that....but $4,150.00??? And it's a 2010!! It's not like it's a 1981 car!

I will find a way to order all the extra stuff you guys are suggesting.

Love to every one of you tonight. Why all this just when I made my mind up to quit smoking.?? The past 10 days have been terrible!! I got the curse of the ''Sh## Fairies'' right now!! :evil:

Here's the mood I'm in tonight...... (hugs) to every one of you precious people!

34017441_1207102909425441_2579373219844718592_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: FranC

Skwij

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Well, rainy blah, dull, relaxing day here.

About 4.5 analogues, as I've been butting them out and revisiting them. Recoiling a couple of tanks, rewicking a couple more, and basically geek vaping. I find that fiddling with rebuildables kind of makes me vape more. I may have to do some dripping tonight as that's always pleasurable and satisfying.

I do wish that I could simply up the nic and get rid of the cravings and triggers but I can't. Coughing fits and watery eyes and simply miserable and needing my rescue inhaler happens when I get above 10mg nic.

Maybe I'll rebuild the Kayfun V3 and the Russian 91 clones I have and have a go at those with some salts.

Dinner has been cooked but not cleaned up from, and there're some series we have downloaded that we need to catch up on. Time to put the feet up and chillax.

Oh, and I've made it halfway thru the original thread (shows 1170 pages for me, just about to 600)

Where did Shari, Karen, LOX, Jazz, GTR, Kittyn, FQ, Thaya, and all the rest go to? They're the reason I'm hooked on this and the other thread, and actually posting here.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Where did Shari, Karen, LOX, Jazz, GTR, Kittyn, FQ, Thaya, and all the rest go to?

Well, I will try to answer your question . . . Many people come to get support from others through their Transition into the Vaping World and many stay around to provide assistance to others . . . Such as:

"Thaya" = @Thayamax = one of the PIF Moderator's and is actually still posting, matter of fact she is the one person here most of the time . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

"LOX" = @loxmythe (aka: The Blue Bunny) = PIF owner/lead Moderator here and also still posting - Very close to Jazz . . . ;)

"Jazz" = @beebopnjazz - PIF Moderator - still post every so often - Very close to LOX . . . ;)

As for the others . . . ? ? ? ? ? ? You can always do a membership search using their complete ECF name to read up on their activities here on ECF and see what they are up too now . . .

Hallo1.gif

AND - Of course, I'm still lurking around (been here since the beginning and actually nudged Lox to start this thread) and reading all the post to learn more about how others are doing in their Transition into the World of Vaping . . . Also, provide what assistance I can every now & then too . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

Last edited:

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Thank you @Uncle for being around and helping out. As always you are much appreciated. :wub: @Skwij, I often wonder where all the former regulars have gone to myself. Pretty much all of them haven't posted in ECF for 2 or 3 years or even more. Some of them stopped smoking and drifted away, and others had serious issues going on in their lives and just seemed to disappear. I really miss all those guys. :cry:

But now let us focus on making new friends. I'm so glad this thread has been resurrected and we're helping new people to cut down or even quit smoking. I know there are a lot more folks out there who could benefit from this thread. I just wish they would find us.

Skwij

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, Canada
@Thayamax you're so right.
I'm sure there are very very many of us out there still who could benefit from this safe thread to "confess".

I remember reading the first post and Lox said "we are not broken" and that resonated with me big time. I was feeling like a failure and broken because I didn't just pick up a vape and be done with the smokes. Was pretty close though, with an ego battery and a CE4 and 12mg Vanilla Custard juice.

That same setup now wouldn't do it.

Good morning, everyone! I'm off to chase unicorns LOL!

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
I remember reading the first post and Lox said "we are not broken" and that resonated with me big time. I was feeling like a failure and broken because I didn't just pick up a vape and be done with the smokes.

I remember Lox's opening post as well. I remember realizing I wasn't the only one on ECF who wasn't able to quit immediately after I started vaping. The folks here welcomed me with open arms and, like Lox stated, were able to help me quit even when a lot of them hadn't been able to do it themselves.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Just want to check in and say that I have 24 cigarette free days at this point. But as I commented on another thread, this has been easy, a veritable walk on the beach, compared to when I first started out here and struggled to smoke 10-12 a day. I am not running around and telling people that I have 'quit'. But I am fairly sure that I want to stay cigarette free between now and my one year vaping anniversary - August 3, 2018.

Skwij

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Just want to check in and say that I have 24 cigarette free days at this point. But as I commented on another thread, this has been easy, a veritable walk on the beach, compared to when I first started out here and struggled to smoke 10-12 a day. I am not running around and telling people that I have 'quit'. But I am fairly sure that I want to stay cigarette free between now and my one year vaping anniversary - August 3, 2018.

W0000H00000 !! Congratulations!

Hopeful64

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2018
It's so great to read all these posts tonight! what a wonderful gang here helping each other. Only smokers understand smokers. I'm not sure which site I clicked on (one of the many suggestions about WTA juice, thank you very much) and wrote the owner a note today. I will call him and talk to him in the States if he will give me his number. But it does look like he will deliver to Canada. So I'll let you all know if I hear from him. I'm all confused because I'm not sure how much nicotine is in the WTA juice or how much would I need? He has a product called ''The Blends USP (WTA Option??) So I'm kinda confused tonight... but excited.

When I joined 2 months ago, I cut my consumption from smoking totally in half and have stuck with that for 2 months now. So I am breaking the chain-smoking habit which has been ingrained in my brain for many, many years. Lighting one after the other and then lighting one before the next one is even out!!! I have had to practice and practice and practice in the last 8 weeks how not to light up one after another. That was hard for me! I vaped and vaped and vaped for as long as I could. So this alone has been a great progress for me. Now, I want to cut those 20 in half (averaging 20 a day) but I don't know if I can do it. I want off these real cigarettes. Maybe this new kind of WTA juice could help! So thank you.

And for all who have been following my stressful, little drama-filled life, I want you all to know that I got a really nice (mint) 2006 car....owned by an ole' doll who only drove it 82,000K..... heated seats, air conditioning and not a dot of rust on it! Just a beautiful shiny, silver car. Makes me look rich. (No sense in bein' poor and lookin' poor?? :smokie:) and I sold the other car this morning. So things have calmed down. I have accepted that this set back has happened. My girl lost her dear father-in-law last week really unexpected and it was quite a shock to all of us. Real hard stuff. What a week.

I guess we humans always find a way to make it. Most of us, eh? I often think about the really poor....breaks my heart in two. I should be embarrassed to complain.

If I hadn't smoked all the years I did, I would own a castle on a mountain by now... fully paid for with maids, so it's my fault for smoking all my well-earned money on cigarettes.

Well enough from me tonight. I'll be in touch as soon as I (hopefully) talk to this guy who sells the WTA juice. Goodnight to my wonderful new friends and I cannot thank you enough for being here for me. Love and (hugs) to all of you! :wub:

Last edited:

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Hopeful, cutting from 40 to 20 is a big deal. For me it really helped to keep my goals doable. When I cut by 50% I next tried to stay under that if only by one. That way my failures were not so big. Everybody has different road to follow. But that approach worked in the long run for me. Congratulations on your progress!

Hopeful64

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2018
TJ, A HUGE congratulations on the progress you have made.What a wonderful encouragement you are. Keep up the good work!! Awesome job!!:banana::thumb:

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
Where's Lox? [emoji33]

I'm still here - mostly I just lurk. Ive just been crazy busy with real life - but I keep an eye on things and jump in from time to time. Luckily I've got a great group of mods like Vchick and Thaya that keep things running smoothly in pif.
I'm still vaping dinosaurs so I don't have much to add as for gear. I even use an old 510 and 808 sometimes.
I'm always around though if anyone needs help. Still making my own juice and tobacco extracts.
Still happily married to Jazz [emoji7]

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
  • Deleted by Thayamax
  • Reason: Double post

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Lox, always nice to see you. :)

Donna, I'm happy that you were able to snag such a nice car at such a nice price. Now you're traveling in style. :thumb:

I'm hoping that WTA juice will help you cut back even more, but remember what Fran said...baby steps. You'll get there. You've come a long way already. :thumbs:

When tgs first posted here he was really struggling and wasn't sure he'd be able to do it. Now look at him...he's been smoke free for nearly a month! :party: :headbang:

th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread