Status
Not open for further replies.

etherealink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
Junction, IL
Good Morning!

rainy_day__a_cup_of_coffee__good_book__heaven_on_earth.jpg.scaled500%25255B6%25255D.jpg

Going to be a rainy day here today ... it's a good thing I have so much housework to do, otherwise I'd just relax and read most of the day.

I STILL haven't received my fasttech order, and tracking still hasn't updated. It still just says "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment." I'm starting to suspect that is code for "We lost your package."

Morning Eroded, I'm hoping my FT order doesn't go that way.

etherealink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
Junction, IL
My days are messed up. Feels like Wednesday. If it's Thursday then tonight is girlfriend bowling league. And I gotta watch child till 4am.

OK, I just woke up so I know I read that wrong. But then again, we do make a game out of how many deer we get in a night when they start to get thick on the roads lol...

:eek:

And possible bonus, a new b&m is opening just 20 miles from me but knowing how bad the group was a few months ago I'm glad I know much more about vaping so I can get the right stuff the first time.

Also off to the dr today since I slipped on the ice and fell flat on my back Monday night.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi all. Erised, I do truly hope that you are not eroding. That sounds uncomfortable. I would sit down and put my feet up and relax today.

Looks like one of our neighbors is putting in one of those tornado shelters that go underground. Two huge concrete and metal looking boxes and lots of digging in their backyard. Want to go up there and be nosy but I won't, not my business.

Now I seem to be getting kicked back to page one when I post. I wish they could get these bugs cleared up.

Lox, do we have to worry about our thread getting shut down. Lots of folks in their long time threads are talking about this topic. Will we be constrained to only talking about still smoking and vaping? I would hate to see this wonderful thread and support group get shut down.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Heyyyyy ... I'm not so old that I've begun to erode! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm guessing autocorrect!

Anyway, I've been waiting since Jan 10 for an order (that included batteries) from FT. Split into 2 shipments, both "shipped" Jan 16.
USPS has them at Jan26 and Feb2 as "Processed through sort facility" in Kuala Lumpur. And they haven't moved since then.......

Problem is some people here are getting impatient for the batts.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Looks like one of our neighbors is putting in one of those tornado shelters that go underground. Two huge concrete and metal looking boxes and lots of digging in their backyard. Want to go up there and be nosy but I won't, not my business.

I'm thinking "Breaking Bad".

Or possibly nicotine storage unit?

Erised

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2009
Florida
Hi all. Erised, I do truly hope that you are not eroding. That sounds uncomfortable. I would sit down and put my feet up and relax today.

Now I seem to be getting kicked back to page one when I post. I wish they could get these bugs cleared up.

Lox, do we have to worry about our thread getting shut down. Lots of folks in their long time threads are talking about this topic. Will we be constrained to only talking about still smoking and vaping? I would hate to see this wonderful thread and support group get shut down.

I wish I could sit down and relax ... but, I'm having surgery next week so I need to get as much done around here as possible as I will probably be down for 6 weeks.

I hope they don't shut us down ... this thread truly does help me to keep on vaping, and to not give up hope that I'll quit smoking all together one day.
I just don't find the "support" in the other threads that I do here. In fact, when reading the other threads I have to continually remind myself that this is a support forum, and therefore I need to not respond if I can't either be supportive or say something nice.:facepalm::laugh::facepalm:

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
I wish I could sit down and relax ... but, I'm having surgery next week so I need to get as much done around here as possible as I will probably be down for 6 weeks.

I hope they don't shut us down ... this thread truly does help me to keep on vaping, and to not give up hope that I'll quit smoking all together one day.
I just don't find the "support" in the other threads that I do here. In fact, when reading the other threads I have to continually remind myself that this is a support forum, and therefore I need to not respond if I can't either be supportive or say something nice.:facepalm::laugh::facepalm:

And after you recover you will be dancing everywhere. Good luck on your surgery and recovery! Hope you have some help with housework and your pets, too.

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC

Hi Shari! Sometimes best not to be nosy, they might be getting a new septic tank or something! However, inquiring minds want to know. . .

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA

Wait a minute..... Those are the rules? "Supportive or Nice?" Nobody told me that!

Anyway, the issue with the Provarinatti was that they basically had a social thread (or threads) that were in the "Model-specific Discussion" sub-forum (which is supposed to contain discussions about Provaris, not about Provarinatti). I guess there are some others as well.

We're already in the "Social Forums" category, so we're allowed to be as social as we want to be.

So I'm going to just sit here and make insulting gestures at the screen. And nothing can stop me! BWAAH HAH HA!

etherealink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2013
Junction, IL
I'm guessing autocorrect!

Anyway, I've been waiting since Jan 10 for an order (that included batteries) from FT. Split into 2 shipments, both "shipped" Jan 16.
USPS has them at Jan26 and Feb2 as "Processed through sort facility" in Kuala Lumpur. And they haven't moved since then.......

Problem is some people here are getting impatient for the batts.

So I shouldn't rub it in that I just picked up 2 30 amp batteries I guess?

Topdogie01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Illinois, United States
Well, if you don't mention them, I promise not to bring up the Harbor Freight "Parking lot" sale this weekend (starts tomorrow) or that they have the multimeters on sale for $3.

got mine for $2.50 tuesday. wasnt a parking lot sale. coupon! lol. and a drill bit set so i can actually know the size of my coil vs using whatever is small and round. lol.

loxmythe

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
pa
Have only heard that some forums/threads are being moved - not gone. I don't know if that will be true in any social forum....I've seen a few rumblings about it in the vendor forums though (ie Provari).

Pif is a social group so this thread is basically the definition of social. The main problem is cluttering up other sections of the forum with fan clubs and such making real info hard to find. As far as I understand it - They'll be restricted to vendor forums and other social groups.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I have read that the PV specific sub forums are getting shut down. Like Provari. People there are setting up a thread or area in the Social Groups sub sub forum. Retired1 posted a notice regarding the shutting down of the Provari sub forum. It is supposed to happen in the next few days. Hopefully it will not happen until the approval of new housing arrangements have been approved by ECF and notification of the new home can be communicated to the current residents. Similar with Nicoticket and several others. I do not specifically know who because I do not frequent those other threads.

The Supplier Forum is intact and some of the sub forums may be moved there. Then it is controlled by the Supplier. Some groups welcome that and some not so much.

Hard job for the Mods in trying to contain the beast that is ECF and keep it organized and easy to access and use. I am sure feathers will be ruffled and much moaning and groaning will ensue.

We will need roadmaps though. And a better search function on ECF.

Have only heard that some forums/threads are being moved - not gone. I don't know if that will be true in any social forum....I've seen a few rumblings about it in the vendor forums though (ie Provari).

Last edited:

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
That's right, you are finally going to get that surgery done. Good. But weeks? Ouch. I believe you said your daughter was coming out to help. Is that still the plan. I hope so.

I walk a fine line all the time on the 'do I comment or not' decision. I do want to be supportive but sometimes it is really very hard. Not in this thread. But out there in the rest of forums. I find if I can not particularly add a specific tip or trick I can sometimes relate a personal story on what I experienced in a similar situation. I have had feedback, mostly positive on those posts. There are also times when I just run and not post, quickly.

I made my first 'Report This Post' report. I do not know if it was the right thing to do or if I was in the wrong. But there was a thread with a thread title that I found insensitive and offensive. The person used the word '......ed' to refer to behavior that would better be described as dumb or stupid. I just felt that using that term was just not right. I may be acting overly sensitive, but it bothered me. I normally ignore all the silly stuff, but this one got to me.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
got mine for $2.50 tuesday. wasnt a parking lot sale. coupon! lol. and a drill bit set so i can actually know the size of my coil vs using whatever is small and round. lol.
Top,

Where'd you get the coupon?

I get their e-mails. Have signed up about 3 times to get their "in-the-mail" coupons, but they never show up (or perhaps DW is getting rid of them so I don't spend more $$ on tools!)

(Edit) I got the precision screwdriver set for the same reason - coil winding. Already have more drill bits than I can shake a stick at, and the nice thing is that for winding coils it doesn't actually matter that 99% of them are total crap when it comes to drilling holes in anything!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread