Svoemesto Kayfun V5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaurav

May 19, 2016
I hope they come out with a base similar to the kayfun mini v3 but with the new build deck.

The reason it's not a smooth is because it lost the 4 air intake holes on the side, which got restricted buy the airflow screw. This made the air intake smooth

The bigger centre pin port also effects this tank

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I hope they come out with a base similar to the kayfun mini v3 but with the new build deck.

The reason it's not a smooth is because it lost the 4 air intake holes on the side, which got restricted buy the airflow screw. This made the air intake smooth

The bigger centre pin port also effects this tank
I disagree...

This is a very smooth draw atty.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Would love to hear more V3 vs. V5 comparisons. I'm a MTL vaper and I've been playing with the V3 for the past couple weeks (several clones and one authentic). It's been challenging for me to get the coil/wick combo that gives me the flavor I want (former KFL user), but when I get it right it's very good. After trying lots of different combos, 28g, 2mm, 9-10 wrap, 1.6 Ω contact coil at 3.7V works best for me. Although I'm a MTL guy, I do prefer a more open draw, as long as I'm still getting the flavor.

I've been planning to order a V5 when Origin gets them back in stock, but may pass if the majority of you all think it's a step down for MTL flavor. Those of you who've used both: how do they compare. I appreciate those who've already shared their opinions above.

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
I disagree...

Agreed, don't see how it could be any "smoother". So far I can't find any real faults. I'm getting tons of thick vapor on my first build. The only other large "kinda" RTA tank I own, is the Morph, but it's designed to use almost every prebuilt coil on the market with adapters. It has an RBA, but after putting a Delta coil in that tank, I've never bothered with the myriad of other adapter and coil combos. Smooth and flavorful.

IMO: This K5 is even better, and if prebuilt coils become hard to buy, I could easily live with this setup. Other then all the RBA's I've collected for all my small tanks, I'd call this the one and only RTA, I'd need, if the convenient coils go the way of the dinosaurs.

Bird Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Ohio
I disagree...

I agree. I'm getting a smoother draw with the 1x2 airflow on the 5 than I ever did on the Mini with any afc setting. My only gripe with the 5 is the hooks on the build deck. I know most love them but they just get in my way and serve no purpose to me at all.

Millah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
FL
Just curious, but how does liquid flow and wicking compare with the KM3? Svoemesto says increased liquid flow on the K5. The liquid flow holes underneath the deck do appear quite larger, and having a larger deck should allow more liquid into the chamber. But have you all noticed a difference in coil saturation? Like does a thicker liquid wick better in the K5 over the KM3?

I have a real sensitivity to coil saturation. I can detect when the coil is even slightly less saturated than I like.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Mine came in today. Washed, built and wicked. What a great piece of machined goodness. Everything is buttery smooth. 26g kanthal build spaced coil. 1.06 ohms. 20w. Vape is super smooth. Piece of cake to build and wick. Lowest airflow setting is a perfect MTL for me. Open airflow provides a slightly restricted but smooth DTL just the way I like it. So far It's a strong thumbs up for me
6d6446e871bd9d405e282be660366833.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Finally a reviewer that shows us how to wick incorrectly, that creates a leak at the air intake ports... (shown at 20:43)

That's basically how I wicked it my first and only time so far. I did not shove as much cotton down in the juice holes as that reviewer did. Curious why you say his wicking will cause leaks, and what's the best way to wick these K5's? So far I have not seen a drop of juice on the outside of the tank, laid it down on its side a few times to test. This is a 70 VG juice.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
That's basically how I wicked it my first and only time so far. I did not shove as much cotton down in the juice holes as that reviewer did. Curious why you say his wicking will cause leaks, and what's the best way to wick these K5's? So far I have not seen a drop of juice on the outside of the tank, laid it down on its side a few times to test. This is a 70 VG juice.

Wick over the air hole.

Reactions: nelsonm64

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Wick over the air hole.

Oh, I saw a bit of that in the video, good catch. I didn't make that mistake, tried to keep some space around the coil for airflow. I'm going to try less cotton next rewick, and then give Rayon a shot.

Reactions: AstroTurf

RtotheK

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2013
california
Ive been vaping out of ubertoot clones for months now. Got the kayfun mini v3 but never got it wicked right for my temp control, I feel lame haha. I'm just wishing with the v5 that I get the wicking right with my temp control. Just can't wait to place an order. I really want something easier to refill than my ubertoot. Ppl keep saying how big the k5 is but it can't be much bigger than the ubertoot?

redordead

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2014
tenerife
Ive been vaping out of ubertoot clones for months now. Got the kayfun mini v3 but never got it wicked right for my temp control, I feel lame haha. I'm just wishing with the v5 that I get the wicking right with my temp control. Just can't wait to place an order. I really want something easier to refill than my ubertoot. Ppl keep saying how big the k5 is but it can't be much bigger than the ubertoot?

Think there's only 6mm difference between the two tanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reactions: AstroTurf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread