Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Thank you, @Zutankhamun Swapped pin from another K5 and it fired fine. Weird: Put original pin back in, and now it works. I had tried taking the pin out and replacing previously with no luck. ‍♂️
maybe you moved an insulator something. You can get the whole deck apart if you want to figure it out!!

thmstwwng

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2014
Kuala Lumpur, WP, Malaysia
Need suggestions - One of my K5s won't fire!

Was doing a routine re-wicking, cleaned the coil and it wouldn't fire. Checked for a short- nope. Thought maybe coil was bad. Built a new one- same result: no connection to my ProVari. Loosened the center pin (which I've never had to do before)- no power. Tried it on a couple other ProVaris with same result. Never ever had this happen before, and I'm out of ideas.
Change the insulator.

Reactions: AstroTurf

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Anyone come up with a brilliant solution to seepage from air slots? I've tried everything I can think of, including replacing o-rings, plenty of wick in the wells, etc. I have 2 K5s that I keep loaded with my ADV. After a fresh wick, I might get 2 days before they start to seep. Love these tanks, but the oozing from a $100+ atomizer is annoying.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Take it apart. Unscrew the pos, take the afc off, change whatever they use for controlling the afc. Is it an oring? Change it if so. Reset the base and afc and thread the pos pin back in.
Have you tried all that?

If so you need to contact svoemesto. I've got that tank and I would expect help or repair if you have a payment receipt to a supplier of theirs, or themselves?

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Take it apart. Unscrew the pos, take the afc off, change whatever they use for controlling the afc. Is it an oring? Change it if so. Reset the base and afc and thread the pos pin back in.
Have you tried all that?

If so you need to contact svoemesto. I've got that tank and I would expect help or repair if you have a payment receipt to a supplier of theirs, or themselves?
Your suggestion works for seepage from the bottom, but not for seepage from the air slots.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
@magicmyst

Okay, don't like my authentic so never use it but been doing some reading.
1) enough wick to just touch the deck
2) make sure juice flow is shut when filling :facepalm:
3) open juice flow less (enough to avoid dry hits but not any more)
4) replace all the orings on the bottom half of the atty (sometimes too thin I've heard)
5) don't repeatedly fiddle with the airflow slots mid vape. Find a setting you like and keep it there.

Admittedly this is too much p**sing about for an atty which costs £100. I don't like it neway. Overrated, overpriced, average.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
@magicmyst

Okay, don't like my authentic so never use it but been doing some reading.
1) enough wick to just touch the deck
2) make sure juice flow is shut when filling :facepalm:
3) open juice flow less (enough to avoid dry hits but not any more)
4) replace all the orings on the bottom half of the atty (sometimes too thin I've heard)
5) don't repeatedly fiddle with the airflow slots mid vape. Find a setting you like and keep it there.

Admittedly this is too much p**sing about for an atty which costs £100. I don't like it neway. Overrated, overpriced, average.
Thanks- the cure seems to be to keep the sides of the wick away from the air hole.

1) enough wick to just touch the deck [Nope. The V5 & mini V3 actually require more wicking than that.]
2) make sure juice flow is shut when filling :facepalm: [Duh.]
3) open juice flow less (enough to avoid dry hits but not any more) Of course.
4) replace all the orings on the bottom half of the atty (sometimes too thin I've heard) [This applies to leaking from the bottom.]
5) don't repeatedly fiddle with the airflow slots mid vape. Find a setting you like and keep it there. [Not a fiddler.]

Vap3dz

Mar 15, 2017
Zürich, Switzerland
Hey there
I dont really know how to formulate this, but i seem to have an issue with an original kayfun 5. I dont really know how to formulate because its a strange thing. Its a couple of weeks now that the k5 or the mod that it is on ( rx 2/3 from wismec) behave strangely. two weeks ago it all started with the mod giving me atomizer short messages. At first i didnt notice it that much, changing the coil and rewicking did the job. But then i started noticing strange readings of the resistance. For exemple, now i have a 0.7 kanthal a1 resistance and the mod reads 1.2 sometimes 2.3, other times 1.8 or 0.5 but mostly "No atomizer found". I thought it was a contact failure of the mod itself, so i tested it with the goon 24 and had perfect readings every single time. I tried with the griffin and the siren 22 and had perfect readings every time. I tried putting the k5 on the pico squeeze ( iknow its a bf mod but it worked fine with not bf atoms) and its really wobbely and doesnt fire at all. On the kanger Topbox mini it fires but it wobbled like a biatch. I tried to tighten the pin and to leave it a little bit loose, but still have problems.
I can't figure it out whats going on :cry:. It worked all fine and dandy for 3 weeks but now i always have to double check if the atom gets detected and if it does i have to change the watts every time the readings get crazy....

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hey there
I dont really know how to formulate this, but i seem to have an issue with an original kayfun 5. I dont really know how to formulate because its a strange thing. Its a couple of weeks now that the k5 or the mod that it is on ( rx 2/3 from wismec) behave strangely. two weeks ago it all started with the mod giving me atomizer short messages. At first i didnt notice it that much, changing the coil and rewicking did the job. But then i started noticing strange readings of the resistance. For exemple, now i have a 0.7 kanthal a1 resistance and the mod reads 1.2 sometimes 2.3, other times 1.8 or 0.5 but mostly "No atomizer found". I thought it was a contact failure of the mod itself, so i tested it with the goon 24 and had perfect readings every single time. I tried with the griffin and the siren 22 and had perfect readings every time. I tried putting the k5 on the pico squeeze ( iknow its a bf mod but it worked fine with not bf atoms) and its really wobbely and doesnt fire at all. On the kanger Topbox mini it fires but it wobbled like a biatch. I tried to tighten the pin and to leave it a little bit loose, but still have problems.
I can't figure it out whats going on :cry:. It worked all fine and dandy for 3 weeks but now i always have to double check if the atom gets detected and if it does i have to change the watts every time the readings get crazy....
Why did you leave the pin loose?

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Minor Rant: Got my first K5 about a year ago and the 2nd shortly after that. Both leaked from the bottom plate, but replacing the AFC o-ring and the one below it was a permanent fix for both. Got my 3rd K5 recently, and started using it this past week. I thought, "surely by now they've got this issue straightened out." Nope- it leaks from the bottom just like the earlier ones, so I have to take it apart and do the o-ring replacement fix. So much for quality control! End of Minor Rant.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Minor Rant: Got my first K5 about a year ago and the 2nd shortly after that. Both leaked from the bottom plate, but replacing the AFC o-ring and the one below it was a permanent fix for both. Got my 3rd K5 recently, and started using it this past week. I thought, "surely by now they've got this issue straightened out." Nope- it leaks from the bottom just like the earlier ones, so I have to take it apart and do the o-ring replacement fix. So much for quality control! End of Minor Rant.
What's wrong with the orings?

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
It was not really "loose". Just a slight unscrew. I Wanted to See if by giving 1/2 mm it would have done a better contact.

It happened to me too! The Radius was giving weird readings or not finding the atty. When Provape was asked (while they were around) they told me that the K5 510 was short (in size )

I've found that if I tight it a lot it does not work so I tight it just enough to prevent it being loose and works perfectly.

I hope I'm not doing something wrong but this is working well.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I just wonder whether just tightening the parts would have corrected it?

Thanks
I tightened all of them up real good before first use, so it doesn't seem to be the tightness. The only other difference is that I lubed the replacement rings with olive oil. The 2 that I did this to have been bone dry on their bottoms since May/June of 2016.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Anyone come up with a brilliant solution to seepage from air slots? I've tried everything I can think of, including replacing o-rings, plenty of wick in the wells, etc. I have 2 K5s that I keep loaded with my ADV. After a fresh wick, I might get 2 days before they start to seep. Love these tanks, but the oozing from a $100+ atomizer is annoying.
Got a new K5 recently and all three got new wicks Wednesday evening. Nearly identical coils/wicks in each. All were bone dry through Thursday. Yesterday the new one (which was the most heavily used) had just an insignificant little bit of juice at one of the vents. By today, again the new one had just a little blot of juice and the other two were doing their usual seeping, including the one that had very little use. This seems to suggest is that it's not usage related. The most heavily used K5 had very little seepage after 2.5 days of use, whereas the one that was used very little was seeping big time after just sitting there most of the time. I'm gonna replace the top cap ring on the heavy seeper and see if that makes a difference. There's plenty of wick in the wells and the coils are at least 1.5mm above the air hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread