The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Svoemesto Kayfun V5

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Sockeye404, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    I agree, that is weird. Sounded on point until you said you put the original pin back in and it worked :?:

Oh well, least it's working. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheotherSteveS

TheotherSteveS Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    London, England
    maybe you moved an insulator something. You can get the whole deck apart if you want to figure it out!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. thmstwwng

thmstwwng Senior Member ECF Veteran

Change the insulator.

• Like Like x 1
  4. magicmyst

magicmyst Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Anyone come up with a brilliant solution to seepage from air slots? I've tried everything I can think of, including replacing o-rings, plenty of wick in the wells, etc. I have 2 K5s that I keep loaded with my ADV. After a fresh wick, I might get 2 days before they start to seep. Love these tanks, but the oozing from a $100+ atomizer is annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zutankhamun

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Take it apart. Unscrew the pos, take the afc off, change whatever they use for controlling the afc. Is it an oring? Change it if so. Reset the base and afc and thread the pos pin back in.
    Have you tried all that?

If so you need to contact svoemesto. I've got that tank and I would expect help or repair if you have a payment receipt to a supplier of theirs, or themselves?

• Like Like x 1
  6. magicmyst

May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Your suggestion works for seepage from the bottom, but not for seepage from the air slots.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Zutankhamun

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    @magicmyst

Okay, don't like my authentic so never use it but been doing some reading.
    1) enough wick to just touch the deck
    2) make sure juice flow is shut when filling :facepalm:
    3) open juice flow less (enough to avoid dry hits but not any more)
    4) replace all the orings on the bottom half of the atty (sometimes too thin I've heard)
    5) don't repeatedly fiddle with the airflow slots mid vape. Find a setting you like and keep it there.

Admittedly this is too much p**sing about for an atty which costs £100. I don't like it neway. Overrated, overpriced, average.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zutankhamun

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    I must add though, every time I have pulled it out since having it, it has worked flawlessly.
    Just not my thing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. magicmyst

May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks- the cure seems to be to keep the sides of the wick away from the air hole.

1) enough wick to just touch the deck [Nope. The V5 & mini V3 actually require more wicking than that.]
    2) make sure juice flow is shut when filling :facepalm: [Duh.]
    3) open juice flow less (enough to avoid dry hits but not any more) Of course.
    4) replace all the orings on the bottom half of the atty (sometimes too thin I've heard) [This applies to leaking from the bottom.]
    5) don't repeatedly fiddle with the airflow slots mid vape. Find a setting you like and keep it there. [Not a fiddler.]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zutankhamun

May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Well I'm glad you fixed it bro but you were covering the holes with wick? :facepalm:

Like I said, I don't use it but that is the standard for my lites.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vap3dz

Vap3dz Full Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Zürich, Switzerland
    Hey there
    I dont really know how to formulate this, but i seem to have an issue with an original kayfun 5. I dont really know how to formulate because its a strange thing. Its a couple of weeks now that the k5 or the mod that it is on ( rx 2/3 from wismec) behave strangely. two weeks ago it all started with the mod giving me atomizer short messages. At first i didnt notice it that much, changing the coil and rewicking did the job. But then i started noticing strange readings of the resistance. For exemple, now i have a 0.7 kanthal a1 resistance and the mod reads 1.2 sometimes 2.3, other times 1.8 or 0.5 but mostly "No atomizer found". I thought it was a contact failure of the mod itself, so i tested it with the goon 24 and had perfect readings every single time. I tried with the griffin and the siren 22 and had perfect readings every time. I tried putting the k5 on the pico squeeze ( iknow its a bf mod but it worked fine with not bf atoms) and its really wobbely and doesnt fire at all. On the kanger Topbox mini it fires but it wobbled like a biatch. I tried to tighten the pin and to leave it a little bit loose, but still have problems.
    I can't figure it out whats going on :cry:. It worked all fine and dandy for 3 weeks but now i always have to double check if the atom gets detected and if it does i have to change the watts every time the readings get crazy....

• Like Like x 1
  12. AstroTurf

AstroTurf Happy to be... Not Smoking!!! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Why did you leave the pin loose?

13. Vap3dz

Vap3dz Full Member

Mar 15, 2017
    Zürich, Switzerland
    It was not really "loose". Just a slight unscrew. I Wanted to See if by giving 1/2 mm it would have done a better contact.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dubminer

Dubminer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    The screw needs to be really tight. Also how are you trapping the leads? You need to go around the backside of screw with wire for a good contact.

• Like Like x 1
  15. magicmyst

May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Minor Rant: Got my first K5 about a year ago and the 2nd shortly after that. Both leaked from the bottom plate, but replacing the AFC o-ring and the one below it was a permanent fix for both. Got my 3rd K5 recently, and started using it this past week. I thought, "surely by now they've got this issue straightened out." Nope- it leaks from the bottom just like the earlier ones, so I have to take it apart and do the o-ring replacement fix. So much for quality control! End of Minor Rant.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AstroTurf

What's wrong with the orings?

17. Tomasius74

Tomasius74 Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 12, 2016
    It happened to me too! The Radius was giving weird readings or not finding the atty. When Provape was asked (while they were around) they told me that the K5 510 was short (in size )

I've found that if I tight it a lot it does not work so I tight it just enough to prevent it being loose and works perfectly.

I hope I'm not doing something wrong but this is working well.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. magicmyst

May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    I have no idea but replacing them (lubed) and tightening everything up permanently solved it with my other two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  19. AstroTurf

I just wonder whether just tightening the parts would have corrected it?

Thanks

20. magicmyst

May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    I tightened all of them up real good before first use, so it doesn't seem to be the tightness. The only other difference is that I lubed the replacement rings with olive oil. The 2 that I did this to have been bone dry on their bottoms since May/June of 2016.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.