Status
Not open for further replies.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Get a piece of ribbon and put in before putting in the battery, then just tuck in until you want to take out the battery. Ta Da no more problem, lol
You can also bend the negative contact to not have this problem. Mine comes out with a small spank.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
You can also bend the negative contact to not have this problem.
Now why didn't I think of that. Worked like a charm thanks :thumb:
Well after I stuck some PTFE tape on the back this boxxer it don't leak anymore. Some sweating, but I can live with that...especially with the flavor I get from it.
The fill port is a real joke. Some juice do go in, but most are going over the sides. Because of that I have to remove the tank and the top part so I can slide the glass open before I can fill it....really irretating.

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
You can also bend the negative contact to not have this problem. Mine comes out with a small spank.

I did the same, it helps a lot... also, I insert neg end first, and when removing I pick the positive end out first with my finger nail, the positive pin was starting to chew up my wraps so I glued a fiber washer around the positive pin with a smear of clear silicon sealant.. (I use NCR18650GA's which have a wide flat positive)

The fiber washer is only slightly thinner than the height of the pin so the positive end of the battery glides in and out easily over the washer and the edge of the wrap doesn't catch on the pin anymore:
P4065141c.jpg

P4065134c.jpg

Last edited:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Now why didn't I think of that. Worked like a charm thanks :thumb:
Well after I stuck some PTFE tape on the back this boxxer it don't leak anymore. Some sweating, but I can live with that...especially with the flavor I get from it.
The fill port is a real joke. Some juice do go in, but most are going over the sides. Because of that I have to remove the tank and the top part so I can slide the glass open before I can fill it....really irretating.

Yes, i'm glad I avoided this as I was going to order the boxer with my other stuff :) Is the flavour really worth it...by the way are we talking about the original boxer or the clone?

Reactions: BillW50

Hobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2016
I have 2 authentic Billet Boxes and 1 SXK. The SXK I have has a DNA60 but is an SXK model prior to the built in USB addition.

I had to buy a USB Charge Board from Evolv in order to hook up to the DNA60 and run EScribe. What I actually did was EScribe the Doug Dino profile from an original and upload it to the SXK. Power up my SXK and you even see the Doug Dino welcome.

I have no reason to buy any more Billet Boxes original or otherwise. Three should last me a while. But I did wonder about the SXK USB port and how it was wired. The ads I've seen for it said the port was used for charging but made no mention of data transfer. If I'm reading some of the posts in this thread correctly, the charge board in the SXK is fully wired and suitable for EScribe. Nice.

I'd say the biggest difference between an original and at least the one SXK I have is the finish of the doors is much better on the original but nothing that affects performance. Like I said, the one I have is an older SXK BB edition. The ONLY reason I got it was because I couldn't seem to be in the right place at the right time to get an original and so purchased the SXK until I could get an original and since bought two originals.

I've tried a whole bunch of rebuildable bridges and not happy with any of them. What works best for me and the only bridge I run now days is a Comfort Bridge that accepts the 1.8 Nautilus coil. I love my DoggyStyle tanks and thought a Doggy bridge would work but I couldn't come up with a build that knocked my socks off and drove me away from the drop in Nautilus coil in the Billet Box. Found all the rebuildable bridges just to not work as well in a Boro tank as might in a conventional set up for some reason. Dunno. Most of the rebuildables just don't have a deck ideally suitable for the small builds (8 wrap 30 Kanthal on 2mm @ 1.83 ohms) required for my preferred style of vape.

Seen discussion of battery issues. To replace a battery in the BB, I remove the cover and just give the box a little whack into the palm of my hand. It dislodges the battery just enough to easily remove it without damage to the battery cover or anything.

What I cobbled together to get EScribe access on BB DNA60's that didn't come with a USB port. It's obviously not permanent and the BB has to be partially disassembled with each use. So not ideal if you access EScribe often or NEED / require a pernament charge port ...

56403719_808307636191824_4712122286751088640_n.jpg

Last edited:

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
But I did wonder about the SXK USB port and how it was wired. The ads I've seen for it said the port was used for charging but made no mention of data transfer. If I'm reading some of the posts in this thread correctly, the charge board in the SXK is fully wired and suitable for EScribe. Nice.

Yep, the current DNA60 SXK BB can be charged and programmed with escribe through the USB port, no issues at all..

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Is the flavour really worth it...by the way are we talking about the original boxer or the clone?
Its the clone boxxer. Yes the draw and flavor on it is top notch. Its a fiddly thing and it will irretated me more in future I know, but for now i'm really enjoying it.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
I got my tracking number today from Legend Gadget so it's on the way....they said they would post in 24 hrs but weekend got in the way I think so it wasn't done until today.

Also decided to get the exocet RBA from fasttech.....:) I've pretty much decided to get some resin panels for it as well....just can't resist as they look superb....kind of a tortoise shell effect.

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
I got my tracking number today from Legend Gadget so it's on the way....they said they would post in 24 hrs but weekend got in the way I think so it wasn't done until today.

I ordered mine from them recently using CN-EU Airmail (to Australia), 7-10 day shipping, I ordered on a Sunday, they shipped it on Monday and sent me the tracking number, the tracking didn't show any movement until the package reached Australia late in the week, it was delivered on the Tuesday, 8 days total... All good :)

Last edited:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Monday and sent me the tracking number, the tracking didn't show any movement until the package reached Australia late in the week, it was delivered on the Tuesday, 8 days... All good :)

Yep, mine was sent yesterday and like yours the tracking number isn't showing up in the system which is a little concerning....i had this once before from another chinese supplier and in the end they had to resend the item as it had vanished.

Still nice to here your experience, thanks....i'll wait I guess :)

Reactions: BillW50

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
One thing I hate since day one of clones, is the screws that locks down the coils. They always have a radius in the corners...pushing out the wire. These RBAs are no exception :grr:

The Insider clone has post holes, so the wires go into the holes and are trapped directly under the allen-head grub screws, and it is impossible for the wire to squirt out the side of the screw head. It is easier to build on than the Exocet clone.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
This BB seems to be a battery damager. Its a bit of a hassle getting it out without damaging the sleeve. What works for me so far is to pry it out halfway at the bottom, and then move to the top and remove it. Not easy though.

The BB clones include a short piece of nylon ribbon. The theory is (though I don't use it) that you insert the ribbon behind the battery and use it to pull out the battery when you need to change it.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
The Insider clone has post holes, so the wires go into the holes and are trapped directly under the allen-head grub screws, and it is impossible for the wire to squirt out the side of the screw head.
Yeah the Insider works well to trap the wires. The Boxxer clone has the same.

The BB clones include a short piece of nylon ribbon. The theory is (though I don't use it) that you insert the ribbon behind the battery and use it to pull out the battery when you need to change it.
Didn't notice that in the box when I opened it, but went back and tried it. The nylon string is to thick to fit behind the battery. You just about have to jump on the battery to get them in....:lol:
Works well now after I bent the negative side a little bit.

Last edited:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
I already have boring black and light blue - and I expect shipping may be a bit faster. Yay.

I went with the gold one for my first BB along with the insider, exocet and vapeshell. I hope it doesn't take too long...I bought at legend Gadget for the great price of 90 euros.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Legend Gadget is confusing, when you are on the product page, there is a box for free shipping, and the price goes down if select no want special shipping, then go to checkout it still shows free shipping, and change a lot, like BB is $109, but only $90 with the no answer.
Yes, they just started doing this. It was 90 bucks and you then picked the shipping you wanted and for how much. Now they raised the price and you get free shipping. But they kept the old way there too, but you have to choose it.

Reactions: Nailz

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Yes, they just started doing this. It was 90 bucks and you then picked the shipping you wanted and for how much. Now they raised the price and you get free shipping. But they kept the old way there too, but you have to choose it.

Not really free shipping at all when raised the price of the BB by $19 :lol:

What are people's opinions on the vape shell for MTL, and does it leak?

Had 2 of the older 70W BB's, but didn't like had no usb and always had problems with leaking using the exocet, but loved the form factor.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Not really free shipping at all when raised the price of the BB by $19 :lol:

What are people's opinions on the vape shell for MTL, and does it leak?

Had 2 of the older 70W BB's, but didn't like had no usb and always had problems with leaking using the exocet, but loved the form factor.

I'm still waiting for mine. I got the dna60 and a spare tank and the vapeshell and i didn't pay any extra...i just chose the free shipping option so have got the box for 90 so all good.

I've heard that the vapeshell clone is fine...i'll let you know when i've built on it when it comes through...someone else here will be able to answer I expect....my advice get one its an iconic bit of kit :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread