Status
Not open for further replies.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Has anyone done the update on XP? My main laptop is a Macbook, but it would be easier to do it on the PC!

My money says the M$ XP will work fine. Just don't plugin the SXmini until you have installed the SXmini Setup program. and completed the driver install from the SXmini update program.

XP has always be friendly to me but it has a problem at times if you plug in a device it doesn't recognize then install the driver it sometimes gets confused. If this happens it can be corrected so it is not the end of the world but just a headache you don't need.

I would also guess that the people that wrote the Q&A that Vlad1 posted aren't old enough to remember XP. :ohmy:

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Sad story with happy ending.
I've been eager to explore squonking with a temperature controlled mod and got really way to eager so I ordered a Vapor Flask Squonk and received it a couple days ago. My experience with dna 40 devices was three previous Vapor Flasks. (story here is too long..won't bore you) suffice it to say I was hesitant to get another dna 40 device since Cloudmaster Tech will be putting out a SX350 J squonker in the next couple months. I should have acted on my hesitancy to buy another Evolv powered device AND NOT ACTED..... but unfortunately my impatience overpowered my better judgement. This DNA thing just flat will not allow the down button press to work.

After a frustrating round robin of ignored contacts Vaperev has agreed to take back the offending device. I will be waiting impatiently again , using my drippers with my wonderful and very reliable SX350 M class devices until I can get that Yihi powered squonk box. Damn me I'm so f...ing dumb to believe the problems would have been fixed by now.

Duane

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
Well mine and the hubby's SX Mini M Class arrived today. Managed to get them coiled and running but this screen seems so complicated. I'll get it in time I'm sure but do wonder if they're running in the most current version even though they're new. Tomorrow is another day I'm exhausted just from getting them up and running.

OooHhh 4 "The Love of Vaping"

Reactions: jstrong

TheVaper

May 25, 2015
Well mine and the hubby's SX Mini M Class arrived today. Managed to get them coiled and running but this screen seems so complicated. I'll get it in time I'm sure but do wonder if they're running in the most current version even though they're new. Tomorrow is another day I'm exhausted just from getting them up and running.

take the battery out, then put it back, keep the fire button held down while screwing in the battery cover, the screen will show the sw version.

ATylerRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Las Vegas NV USA
take the battery out, then put it back, keep the fire button held down while screwing in the battery cover, the screen will show the sw version.
Yes I just watched PB video of the update and neither of mine have Eco on the screen. Was just hoping they'd come with the latest revisions. It's really cool to be able to update from your computer. Wish I could do that with my Flask. Love this resistance locking feature.

Reactions: jmercury1

TheVaper

May 25, 2015
Yes I just watched PB video of the update and neither of mine have Eco on the screen. Was just hoping they'd come with the latest revisions. It's really cool to be able to update from your computer. Wish I could do that with my Flask. Love this resistance locking feature.

I wish I never updated. My mod has been acting up since then

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
My money says the M$ XP will work fine. Just don't plugin the SXmini until you have installed the SXmini Setup program. and completed the driver install from the SXmini update program.

XP has always be friendly to me but it has a problem at times if you plug in a device it doesn't recognize then install the driver it sometimes gets confused. If this happens it can be corrected so it is not the end of the world but just a headache you don't need.

I would also guess that the people that wrote the Q&A that Vlad1 posted aren't old enough to remember XP. :ohmy:
Your wish has come true. V2.2 is now posted on the Yihi site: SXmini M Class manufacturers,SXmini M Class exporters,SXmini M Class suppliers,SXmini M Class OEM service.
I have been using it for a few days and can't find anything wrong with it. I think they fixed everything I know about.

It is so nice to have such a nice feature as USB firmware update capabilities.

It is on the bottom of their website. [emoji106]

JKVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

JKVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would say the Yihi for the most part handled the issues from this upgrade fairly well. Yes there was a problem that should of been tested out first, but they stepped up and fixed the issue in a reasonable time.

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA

druckle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Is this the "final fix". I have an interim v 2.21 installed and heard that there was an official version coming soon but conventional naming doesn't suggest that 2.2 is newer than 2.21,

I'm not sure if I put in 2.2 whether I'm going forward or backwards, but then I'm never sure about that with me in real life either.

Duane

refuzeandrezizt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2015
Western, KY
Is this the "final fix". I have an interim v 2.21 installed and heard that there was an official version coming soon but conventional naming doesn't suggest that 2.2 is newer than 2.21,

I'm not sure if I put in 2.2 whether I'm going forward or backwards, but then I'm never sure about that with me in real life either.

Duane

It's a newer version for sure, as the modes are now in a different order and the extra & is gone. Everything else seems to be the same as 2.21 to me. Is it "final"? I doubt that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread