Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
What mod are the few of you talking about right now?

SXK's new DNA 40 clone chip, 40-60W, containing the Nickel Purity feature that functions like Dicodes' TCR adjustment. Found in Vapor Flask clones, Vapor Shark clones, and Zero Modz clones - the former two have both been pulled from fasttech (the only main vendor of all these mods right now), but the latter is still available: $59.21 ZERO Modz Styled VW Variable Wattage APV Box Mod - 1-60W / 1*18650 / w/ temperature control function / SS at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I assume it was FT that Shogun got his Zero from

Flasks and VS' are still available direct from SXK but only in 5+ shipments. A couple of Chinese vendors also have them. There will hopefully be new vendors, and new mods soon, including a Hana Mod 4DS (or something similar) single battery mod with big screen clone and 60W.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
I really need to go to bed now, @Shogun1024 if you could let me know where you got your Zero from, which one it is exactly, and when it shipped, that would be really great. Also confirm that you mean it's asking "New Atomizer Up/Same down" like most normal DNA 40 (clones)? Also, does it have a separate atty lock (like new DNA 40s) or did you mean the New Atomizer is the atty lock?

Thanks!

Just trying to get all the facts - I must have one of this new batch! Quantum Mech has ordered a batch of VFs from SXK so I'm hoping they will have the new fix.

I've already pinged SXK on FB to ask them that question.

Right, night!

Last edited:
Reactions: dems86

Shogun1024

Senior Vapaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Charlotte
image.jpg

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Maybe I missed it...what gauge Ti and where did you pick it up?

Also, what resistance were you running on the Dicodes in TC?

Around .8Ω I believe. I got it here and they have all sorts of gauges, even stainless steel, just make sure you pick up grade 1.

UKEcig, back when the 2380 first went up on their site (they were literally the only place with stock for 1-2 weeks, lol)

On a French forum I frequent, there were definitely a few there who didn't receive samples from wherever they ordered

They forgot to send it with a few orders, that's what they told me from up close.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
That's great to hear, really glad you're immediately impressed!

Interesting to hear you're going away from Rayon! Most move the other way. Is Koh Gen Do different to Muji? I used Muji for the first three months of my vaping, and now Rayon for the last 2-3 weeks. I'd be very interested to hear your longer term findings and comparisons. What prompted you to move back away from Rayon?

I went to Rayon from organic cotton balls while back and never tried Koh Gen Do. I thought I've give it a try. This isn't final, I'm going to try rayon again, the increase in flavour might be from the Ti and the TC working correctly.

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    Actually there is one part of the document that does not seem right, and in fact is a bit worrying - where they explain about "preparing the coil for TC", and they talk about dry burning it! Maybe they are meaning that for Resistherm and/or Stainless Steel (which they talked about in the preceding paragraph.) But this is a huge no-no for Ni200 and Ti, by far the most common TC wires. I am worried that they have this advice, it seems quite wrong.

You can definitely dry burn the hell out of both nickel and titanium. If that is good / safe for health is another question. My 2 month old triple twisted nickel coil got dry burned a lot. It might be soft and have a slight green tinge (verdigris?) but it still shows the same old 0.08 ohm. So nothing is flaking off and reducing the resistance. And it vapes great.

dam718

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Hawaii
    I must confess, I didn't read the entire thread here so this may have been mentioned somewhere between page 4 and here

Is it possible the "Nickel Purity" is referring to the potential use of Nichrome Wire, and you set it to the nickel purity rating of the nichrome you're using?

For example, for Nichrome 80 (80% Nickel) you would set it to 80?

Just a thought...

TheBloke

Ultra Member
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2015
    Brighton, UK
    I must confess, I didn't read the entire thread here so this may have been mentioned somewhere between page 4 and here

Is it possible the "Nickel Purity" is referring to the potential use of Nichrome Wire, and you set it to the nickel purity rating of the nichrome you're using?

For example, for Nichrome 80 (80% Nickel) you would set it to 80?

Just a thought...

Not possibly at the moment I'm afraid. The TCR of NiChrome 80 is 0.00011 - this is 8-10 times lower than Stainless Steel.

Neither the Dicodes nor the SXK mods allow TCR to be set this low (Stainless Steel at 0.001 - 0.00105 is the lowest either can go) and if they did they would need ohms reading of 10 times more accurate (1 in 10,000 instead of 1 in 1000) to get accuracy as good as Stainless Steel (to the nearest 30°C)

dam718

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Hawaii
    Just trying to get a better handle on what they are measuring with the 1-100 scale of the Nickel Purity adjustment.

It is obviously adjusting the TCR slopes the mod is using to determine temperature, but has anyone done the calculations to measure what TCR each number in their scale represents?

For example, If I set it 58, what does that equate to, percentage wise, for TCR?

Does that make sense?

How are you determining what to set the Nickel Purity setting to using Titanium or Stainless? Lucky guesses?

TheBloke

Ultra Member
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2015
    Brighton, UK
    Just trying to get a better handle on what they are measuring with the 1-100 scale of the Nickel Purity adjustment.

It is obviously adjusting the TCR slopes the mod is using to determine temperature, but has anyone done the calculations to measure what TCR each number in their scale represents?

For example, If I set it 58, what does that equate to, percentage wise, for TCR?

Does that make sense?

How are you determining what to set the Nickel Purity setting to using Titanium or Stainless? Lucky guesses?

Have you read the first posts? This is all covered. 10NP = 0.001 TCR, 60NP = 0.006 TCR. No it is not lucky guesses!

Reactions: Shogun1024

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2015
    UK
    Woah woah woah, no it does not!

Major news! SXK Zero ordered from where, and when? Oh that is awesome if they fixed the resistance readings. That is the only weak point of the first versions

Shogun, so they ask "New Atomizer Up/ Same Down" like all other DNA40s? That I'm not bothered about either way, in fact I rather liked not having it because it gets in the way more than it helps.

Just to be clear, by resistance lock you mean it asks that question? Not that it has a separate 'atty lock' like later DNA 40s?

@Quantum Mech fingers crossed yours are this new batch as well! In fact if yours have not shipped, if I were you, I would email them right now and demand to know if they have "new atomiser" question. And not ship until they are.

Thanks, have just mailed to confirm they are the latest chip with new atomiser

dam718

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Hawaii
    Have you read the first posts? This is all covered. 10NP = 0.001 TCR, 60NP = 0.006 TCR. No it is not lucky guesses!

I did read the first posts :)

I was just wondering how you came up with the initial values you used for testing, and how you determined that your testing methods were accurate?

Not trying to bad mouth the research, just curious about the process is all. Just seems that 10NP = .001 isn't something that is explicitly states anywhere, but a determination that you made based on testing. How did you test this?

TheBloke

Ultra Member
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2015
    Brighton, UK
    NP was 70 out of the box and its a slow-tech but obviously they made a few firmware updates I believe

How are you finding NP70 for Ni200, if you stuck with it? I would think with the corrected resistance, the correct value should now be 60-62 (Dicodes put it at 62)

I could never quite work out why it defaulted to 70 based on it appearing in all measurements to be a linear scale to TCR, but then as I found I was setting all NP values too high to get a good vape counteracting for the too-low resistanec reading, I assumed they set NP70 deliberately to counteract the fact that Nickel coils would read 0.04-0.05 too low.

So now if resistance is fine, but NP is still 70, this suggests it won't limit temperature fully at 70 - it probably won't burn cotton in a dry test but it might give dry hits, because it won't limit as readily as it should.

Do you have Ni200 experiences thus far on yours?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread