Terminator Clear Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Ok, this is the deal...sorry for the confusion.
The clear tank WILL replace the steel tank on the original Terminators. The Terminator-C holds more eliquid and they are stacked with the use of the longer mouthpiece. The longer mouthpieces will be available soon. See the pics below.
Terminator with clear tank_Terminator-C.jpg Terminator with clear thank.jpg

Jourelem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
mira loma, CA.
hey cloud, think you can get a picture up of the regular terminator with the clear tank on with some juice in it? I just wanna see the transparency level of it. thanks!

by the way, got the term in today. Thanks! Like it just as much as my ody v2...actually like the term finish better...wish they made the gg mods like this finish instead of the polished finish. I really dislike the fingerprint marks on the polished finish.

comptechltd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
So. IL (St. Louis)
still loving my terminator, just wanted to share a pic of my set up with a 27mm clear window...adding a little more juice capacity. i can fit 2.5mls with the 27mm tank.

term_clear_zpsf0186c86.jpg

jmarkus,

Where did you get your tank?? I wonder how that compares size wise with the Clear tank only at COV? I like to keep right around 3ml.

Steve

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
Got my Terminator-C(lear) today. Everything looked good, except some black residue on the ceramic wick insert. It came off with washing and torching. I washed the rest of the parts in a soap bath in a bowl. There were about 50-70 tiny metallic particles in the bottom of the bowl after I finished cleaning the parts.
I would highly recommend you wash this unit thoroughly before use! The cutting oil used during manufacturing will catch and suspend tiny metal fragments that you really don't want floating around your fluid, not to mention the oil!

I reassembled and during filling realized the bottom o-ring was not sealing. I tried a few times to get it to seal but to no avail. Finally I added a small plastic spacer(0.5mm thick) between the nut that holds the positive wire and the o-ring itself. This took care of the leak, and keeps the positive pin from extruding too far out.

As for the vape: Fantastic. Vapes just like the Terminator(large) but holds much more fluid. I used non-resistance awg 30 wire this time with 32awg A-1 Kanthal. I typically don't bother with the NR wire, but wanted to see if it vaped better. The only difference I can tell is the vape is a bit warmer with the non resistance wire.

Last edited:

smbray

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2010
OKC,OK
Got my Terminator-C(lear) today. Everything looked good, except some black residue on the ceramic wick insert. It came off with washing and torching. I washed the rest of the parts in a soap bath in a bowl. There were about 50-70 tiny metallic particles in the bottom of the bowl after I finished cleaning the parts.
I would highly recommend you wash this unit thoroughly before use! The cutting oil used during manufacturing will catch and suspend tiny metal fragments that you really don't want floating around your fluid, not to mention the oil!

I reassembled and during filling realized the bottom o-ring was not sealing. I tried a few times to get it to seal but to no avail. Finally I added a small plastic spacer(0.5mm thick) between the nut that holds the positive wire and the o-ring itself. This took care of the leak, and keeps the positive pin from extruding too far out.

As for the vape: Fantastic. Vapes just like the Terminator(large) but holds much more fluid. I used non-resistance awg 30 wire this time with 32awg A-1 Kanthal. I typically don't bother with the NR wire, but wanted to see if it vaped better. The only difference I can tell is the vape is a bit warmer with the non resistance wire.

I to had to buy the term-c after buying the first term,I also bought a clear tank for my first term.I was a little disappointed in the terminator-c because the bottom 510 connection was machined crooked,it sits on my e-cig crooked and I have to be careful with the center post and make sure it doesn't touch the threaded outside piece,it still works ok but will just have to be careful and watch the center post placement.the big space on one side and having it touch my e-cig on the other does bug me a little but I'm somewhat of a perfectionist

JazzyTech

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
California
I to had to buy the term-c after buying the first term,I also bought a clear tank for my first term.I was a little disappointed in the terminator-c because the bottom 510 connection was machined crooked,it sits on my e-cig crooked and I have to be careful with the center post and make sure it doesn't touch the threaded outside piece,it still works ok but will just have to be careful and watch the center post placement.the big space on one side and having it touch my e-cig on the other does bug me a little but I'm somewhat of a perfectionist

I hear ya, I bought the Terminator and had it 3-4 days and then heard about the Term-C. That's the way it is with new tech, especially one that is so well known (the Odysseus). Peaved me a little, but I'm still saving a grip of cash by not smoking. So it all averages out for me.

I looked all over for a washer that would fit (as I described above) but didn't have one handy. I found a small plastic wall anchor (the type you run a screw into for, say a towel rack) and cut the top off and sanded that down to 0.5 mm. putting that just behind the bottom washer made the o-ring make contact sooner with the base which in turn made the positive pole more recessed a bit. I'm not seeing any odd angles on mine. Just tried it on my wife's eGO/510. Sits perfectly level. I'd suggest the next time you have it apart, try just screwing the base on your e-cig and see how it sits. It could be the center pin is sticking out too far. I had that problem with a few of my Nova tanks.

smbray

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2010
OKC,OK
I hear ya, I bought the Terminator and had it 3-4 days and then heard about the Term-C. That's the way it is with new tech, especially one that is so well known (the Odysseus). Peaved me a little, but I'm still saving a grip of cash by not smoking. So it all averages out for me.

I looked all over for a washer that would fit (as I described above) but didn't have one handy. I found a small plastic wall anchor (the type you run a screw into for, say a towel rack) and cut the top off and sanded that down to 0.5 mm. putting that just behind the bottom washer made the o-ring make contact sooner with the base which in turn made the positive pole more recessed a bit. I'm not seeing any odd angles on mine. Just tried it on my wife's eGO/510. Sits perfectly level. I'd suggest the next time you have it apart, try just screwing the base on your e-cig and see how it sits. It could be the center pin is sticking out too far. I had that problem with a few of my Nova tanks.

it was definitely machined crooked,I can look at the 510 connection and see that it isn't square,my first term is perfectly straight.I also watched a review a guy did in the reviews section here on ECF(http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ay-reviews-terminator-ody-clone-stormys.html he says his is the same way.not that big of a deal.Maybe quality control will get a little better as they continue to manufacture them.I think I'm going to order a mouthpiece from rampage vapor,the base of it looks a little smaller than the terminator base, looks like juice capacity would be increased a little,not sure if it would add anything to performance.

comptechltd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
So. IL (St. Louis)
OK folks, I'm looking for a clear tank for my terminator that will give me between 3-4 ml of capacity. Between the tanks from Stormy, Kir Fanis and Rampagevapor I am having a heck of a time. They all list Large, Medium, or Small or millimeters but none really list the capacity. I don't really want huge....just big enough. Does anyone know which size correlates to somewhere between 3-4 ml of juice??

Steve

smbray

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2010
OKC,OK
OK folks, I'm looking for a clear tank for my terminator that will give me between 3-4 ml of capacity. Between the tanks from Stormy, Kir Fanis and Rampagevapor I am having a heck of a time. They all list Large, Medium, or Small or millimeters but none really list the capacity. I don't really want huge....just big enough. Does anyone know which size correlates to somewhere between 3-4 ml of juice??

Steve

I can't help with the size but I would go with the tanks at stormy's,I think they are polypropylene instead of polycarbonate.I asked cloud in a reply but have not received an answer yet.stormy's website says polycarbonate but I think they would be clear if polycarbonate,polypropylene is cloudy and better to use with e-liquid.I know rampage vapors tanks are polycarbonate and pretty sure avidvapors kir fanis are also

smbray

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2010
OKC,OK

Steve

if you are going to buy a mouthpiece also then I would go with rampage vapor for that,the mouthpiece base is smaller,I think you would gain a little juice capacity with them over the terminator mouthpiece

comptechltd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
So. IL (St. Louis)
if you are going to buy a mouthpiece also then I would go with rampage vapor for that,the mouthpiece base is smaller,I think you would gain a little juice capacity with them over the terminator mouthpiece

I noticed that in their pictures. I am thinking the medium is probably in my size range but as with all things ody related.....they are out of stock.:ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread