Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2014
WA
Received the email. "Your order won't be affected" tells me we will get the tin and everything...at least those who ordered and paid. The new 1:1 listing still allows everyone to get in on it. Funny how FT stated Footoon appealed to the Oem warehouse to get this changes, def fishy practice going on. Wonder if auth Aquas are still going to say made in Korea.

Mccannch

Nov 10, 2014
NY
I wonder if it says "assembled in...." I see that a lot working in the IT industry. Every computer I buy these days is "assembled in the USA". What that really means is they put the stickers on it here. People can be creative with words. My guess is that the parts are made in China and the final assembly is done in Korea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nasca

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
USA
I dont recall seeing a country of origin engraved anywhere on the aqua -- granted I've only seen pictures on the internet.

and I think it's the other way around -- footoon pumped out a couple thousand units with his CNC machines, packed them up and sent them to a factory in china to clean up everything and place in those tins with foam, and shipped back to him for a final check/serialization. at the most, perhaps, the chinese factory also did threading because footoon doesnt own the tooling -- so that would be why their replicas were so perfect because they had the CAD files. and the fact that these clones (as FT is now calling them) are not allowed to be sold in korea suggests that is the origin, where there is legal jurisdiction against the actions of FT/the outsourced company. I'd say they are primarily manufactured in korea...with a little help from china. not that it actually matters in this day and age.

I feel for the guy. I think he got f'ed over by people he hired to improve efficiency.

Last edited:

Mtek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2014
WA
Everyone has the right to their opinion. I don't see a company out of Korea machining and then shipping to China for assembly, then shipping back. I think this "round" or batch was made in a Chinese factory completely. Maybe they add the card to the retail package back in Korea, but I doubt it.

As long as it works, I don't care though...just my opinion.

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
Everyone has the right to their opinion. I don't see a company out of Korea machining and then shipping to China for assembly, then shipping back. I think this "round" or batch was made in a Chinese factory completely. Maybe they add the card to the retail package back in Korea, but I doubt it.

As long as it works, I don't care though...just my opinion.
Exactly This. Makes no sense machining in one country then sending to another, and then shipping back. I guarantee It's all done in China.

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
A company has a LOT to lose if they claim to make something somewhere and it comes out they are made in China...
Weve seen it happen in multiple instances in the vape scene alone. In every instance the modder denies denies denies, until the truth comes out with rock solid evidence.
Right now, Footoon are the only ones who stand to gain something from lying. You can say FT could have done it for a lot of sales, but if it was proven otherwise every single person could return them.
Hes not gonna come out and say "Well guys I know ive been saying these are Korean made but I actually sourced them to china for $15 each for a 1000% margin. My bad"
He has EVERYTHING to lose if it actually comes out his Aqua V2s were in fact made in China.
Its all speculation right now though, but if it walks like a duck...

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
On a side note...: FastTech Forums

Well the whole knurling on the hybrid connector and no red o-ring mystery has been cleared up.

The ones on the "clone" don't match the authentic shark run because, surprise, they match the just released dolphin run.

The just released, no pictures all over the interwebs dolphin run. Interesting coincidence, no?

Mtek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2014
WA
On a side note...: FastTech Forums

Well the whole knurling on the hybrid connector and no red o-ring mystery has been cleared up.

The ones on the "clone" don't match the authentic shark run because, surprise, they match the just released dolphin run.

The just released, no pictures all over the interwebs dolphin run. Interesting coincidence, no?

FTs new listing apologizes for not shipping this to S Korea now too. I find it all funny.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
The plot thickens. Focalecig has a Tobeco Aqua V2 with the same knurling, o-rings, and second run dolphin engraving for less than FT's offering.

$29.24 (Ship from USA)1:1 Aqua V2 by Tobeco

Crazy.

Yes, and as some have pointed out, if the FT ones really are authentic, why do they have the old engraving? Nothing here really adds up either way. Eeveryone has their opinion and is entitled to it, but I just don't believe they're really authentic. I bought it before I saw the word "authentic" because it appeared to be the best of the 3. The Tobeco looks pretty good, too, though and I've seen it as low as $22.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Yes, and as some have pointed out, if the FT ones really are authentic, why do they have the old engraving? Nothing here really adds up either way. Eeveryone has their opinion and is entitled to it, but I just don't believe they're really authentic. I bought it before I saw the word "authentic" because it appeared to be the best of the 3. The Tobeco looks pretty good, too, though and I've seen it as low as $22.

I agree the tobeco does look good but, no hybrid nut... I bought the one on FT because it has the hybrid nut :) oh and, it did look the best also ;)

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I agree the tobeco does look good but, no hybrid nut... I bought the one on FT because it has the hybrid nut :) oh and, it did look the best also ;)

Correction darling, the Tobeco most certainly does have a hybrid nut, it is a 1:1 :) And Roxy why didn't you mention that you had this thread going? Has anyone actually built and vaped one of the clones yet?

I only unboxed the Tobeco, didn't build it but it looks great ..

4gj5QQ5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread