The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Battery Talk Thread at COV

Discussion in 'Clouds of Vapor' started by Bigbuyer, Jul 10, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Pyloric Thinker

Pyloric Thinker Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Campbell, CA
    Hey Bruce!
    I'm purchasing an Ali'i 3.7/6V mod and Ryan has linked your site for purchase of batteries/accessories. I'd like to go with IMR's for 3.7V(18650), but I'm curious what you recommend on this mod wrt 6V(16340)? I know Those boxes can be pretty tricky wrt battery selection so I don't want to screw this up. Thanks!

Ryan

2. Bigbuyer

Bigbuyer Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
    If you want to go 3.7v, get the IMR High Drain 18650 battery. If you want 5v, 2 x Cr123A at 3v each or better 2x LiFePo4 CR123A at 3v. The LiFePo4 are very safe...and are 3v.

3. nikk4s

nikk4s Senior Member ECF Veteran

This has been answered but for future reference
    List of battery sizes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

4. Teach

Teach Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2010
    Florida
    Would you believe it... 22650 isn't listed. Powerizer site has it though.

5. ken729

ken729 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Is Tenergy LIFEPO4 x2 good for 6v vaping? I'm a 6v virgin and not sure what's good.

6. FeistyAlice

FeistyAlice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Near Dallas Texas
    Great for 6v vaping and just about the safest chemistry. They don't vent oxygen when they get too hot so they are not supposed to explode or cause fire if they do start fast venting.

Any more this is the only battery that I will stack and the only battery I now use in my headlamps that take lithium batteries. I don't want anything dangerous close to my face or eyes, especially if it is something I have control over.

Alice

7. ken729

Jan 20, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Awesome, Thanks Alice!

8. Caddyman

Caddyman Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2010
    Delaware USA
    yeah i use the tenery's stacked in my GGTS and they are super good performers.

9. ken729

Jan 20, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Ok, so got some tenergy's and a ultrafire charger. I set to 3.2v. What should i set the mA on the charger to? Has option for 300mA and 650 mA...

10. casualuser

casualuser Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2011
    NYC
    What batteries would I use to vape 5 volts on the GGTS w/UFS? It doesn't look like you have the smaller size batteries in stock?

11. Bigbuyer

Sep 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
    You have a choice. You can use the 5v Battery or wait a few days, I will be back in stock in my Tenergy CR123A 3.2v for a 6v vape.

12. casualuser

May 11, 2011
    NYC
    Considering the 4.8 volt battery needs it's own charger - and I certainly don't need extra chargers lying around - I think I'll wait it out. I'll probably also need standard resistance atomizers and maybe now I'll be able to get a tripcoil :)

13. Bigbuyer

Sep 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
  14. casualuser

May 11, 2011
    NYC
    Can I charge the tenergy 3.0v batteries (LifePO4) RCR123A in my trustfire WF-188 multi charger? Also these batteries are advertised as 3.2 but say on them 3.0V am I missing something?

15. Bigbuyer

Sep 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
    Hi Casual, yes on the WF-188. I will change the 3.2 to 3.0v since Tenergy has changed their packaging. The fully charged volts is about 3.2v and then it settles down to 3v.

16. casualuser

May 11, 2011
    NYC
    I thought it was a mistake cuz the picture on the website had it as 3.2. I am psyched to try 6v vaping. Only problem is I just got this terrible cold so maybe I'll hold off...thanks Bruce!

17. tyleris12

tyleris12 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 23, 2010
    Michigan
    I have a question about batteries....

Are the COV 10440 350mAh 3.7V batteries the same size as the AW 10440 batteries? Are they as good, will they fit in a mod that takes AW 10440 batteries?

I am ready to place an order Bruce, as I want a few other things from your site, but really need to know about these batteries before I place the order. I did send you a "ask a question about this product" message from your web site too, so hope to hear from you and thanks in advance! :)

18. Bigbuyer

Sep 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
    Yes, the same size. But they are different. Mine are IMR High Drains. AW does not make a IMR High Drain battery in 10440. AW's is Li-Ion.

19. Morgythekilla

Morgythekilla Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2011
    MN
    Are all batteries new? I have had bad experience with some vendors sending me DOA batts.

20. Bigbuyer

Sep 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
    All are new. If they are DOA, that is how they came to me and I will replace them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.