The Battery Talk Thread at COV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgythekilla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
MN
Received my 2 AW 3.7's.. 3 lifepo 123a 3.0's and 1 lifepo 3.2. You sent me 1 lifepo 3.2 and 1 lifepo 3.0 because you were out of ultrafire Icr123 A's. I dont know if you can use a 3.2v with a 3.0 can you? I was wondering the max chage voltage of these batts. The lifpo's 123a's are reading at almost 4v's. I also ordered the new trustfire fast charger, and it's reading all of my batt's as red, (not charged).

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I have been on your site looking at batteries for my vv box mod. I currently have ultra fire 14500 900 mah 3.6v, they are silver. Before these I had the trust fire flame the same. I vape alot, use LR dual coils, ce2s and drip occasionally. I like my vape warm. Looking at your site I don't know whether I should buy the high drain or the aw or the bdl batts. And if I get any of those do I need spacers? I really don't like these ultra fire batts, they don't seem to last very long, less than 12 hrs. And one more question. Do u need to shut you device off when not using it? I shut mine off at night, but during the day when I do my vaping I rarely do unless I am not going to vape for an hour or so, just curious why these batts die so fast, thanks!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Received my 2 AW 3.7's.. 3 lifepo 123a 3.0's and 1 lifepo 3.2. You sent me 1 lifepo 3.2 and 1 lifepo 3.0 because you were out of ultrafire Icr123 A's. I dont know if you can use a 3.2v with a 3.0 can you? I was wondering the max chage voltage of these batts. The lifpo's 123a's are reading at almost 4v's. I also ordered the new trustfire fast charger, and it's reading all of my batt's as red, (not charged).

@ Morgythekilla,

All LiFePo4 123A Batts are all 3.0 with a nominal output charge of 3.2v they do however come off the charger a bit hotter somewhere around 3.5v-3.6v. I have a feeling you have the same LiFePO4 123a's though there could be a sticker on one of them that says 3.2 I have seen them with different stickers like this before, some call them 3.2 some 3.0 but they are the same I believe and you should be fine using them, but I would contact Bruce to make sure as I dont see them, or you could put a picture up of them and I may be able to help you with a definite answer.

These should be the specs and here are the specs below =

These are new generation R123 with safe chemistry that will not vent with flames ( explode ). The key to this safety feature is that no oxygen will be released from the oxide structure of the cell composition even under abused conditions. No oxygen means no pressure built up and fuel for combustion. Can be used in series on multi-cell applications.

Specifications : LiFePo4 3.0V

Nominal Voltage : 3.2V
Capacity : 500mAH
Lowest Discharge Voltage : 2.0V
Standard Charge : CC 250mA CV 3.6V
Cycle Life : > 500 cycles
Weight : 16.5g

I find the AW's to be of the best quality and they hit harder then other brands there well worth the extra compared to xxxfire Batts

Last edited:

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I received my aw imr 14500 and my bdl 14500 batteries today!! So now I need to know what the difference is, I charged the aws and they fit and work fine in my box mod. :) now I need to know what to do with the bdl batts? O btw thanks for the spacers BB, tho now I don't know what to with them! Lol also, this was my first ever purchase from COV and I am very impressed with how fast the shipping was and the care that was taken in packaging! Seems whether u spend $30 or $3000 u are treated the same, I will be a repeat customer for sure! Thanks!

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
I originally got 2 aw 18350 700mah batteries from cov with my stealth. One seems to last a while longer than the other. But perform good. Then I got 2 imr 18350 800mah from cov, that requires the magnetic spacer. They both work great. But the last couple days they seem not to last as long. I have had them for a couple of weeks. Any tips or suggestions ? Is AW a better battery then the other? I'm using a ultrafire rapid charger wf-188.

......sent from my phone.

Last edited:

SuperSonic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
U.S.A.
I'm doing a little more battery homework....

Bruce or someone familiar with the following batteries that has used them before or is currently still using them:

I've searched the web, and some electronics and battery forums but only finding some information in bits and pieces...

I'm doing a comparison of these 4 batteries below:

AW IC 18650 2600 mAh (Black Label)
AW IC 18650 2600 mAh Power Batteries

AW IC 18650 2900 mAh (Black Label)
AW IC 18650 2900 mAh Power Batteries

AW IMR 18650 1600 mAh (Red Label)
AW IMR 18650 3.7v 1600mAh High Drain Li Ion Battery

AW IMR 18650 2000 mAh (Red Label)
AW IMR 18650 3.7v 2000mAh High Drain Li Ion Battery

I was originally looking to purchase the AW IC 18650 2900 mAh for a GGTS but instead decided to go with the AW IMR 2000 mAh.

Did I make a wise decision?

The primary reason I went with the IMR over the IC was that I have seen the IMR batteries used in this device before and have heard relatively decent reports of the battery's performance and life span.

Another reason was that I noticed that the IC had no nipple on the + side of it and a tight wrapping of it's cover only leaving a small portion (of what I was able to see from the pictures) exposed. It seemed to me that the connector pin from the TS would not seat well and make a solid consistent connection. Perhaps nothing a spacer couldn't cure, but at the time of comparing the batteries, this was my focus.

Would someone be kind enough to explain, if they are familiar, the anticipated (approximate) performance results one could imagine getting with each one of the batteries I have listed above?

In other words, which battery I would be happier with.

My concerns:
Quality of power and consistency throughout the drain cycle:
How long the battery will hold its charge between charging cycles:
Life expectancy of the battery - overall battery life (approximately how many charging cycles):
Protection within the battery:

Overall I would just like to know which battery will better serve my vaping needs.

Additionally I also just purchased a Trustfire 0003P4 battery charger from COV as well.

TrustFire TR-003P4 Charger

I wasn't sure if the AW IC batteries would fit length wise.

Guestimated vaping times mild to regular use throughout the day with varying coil resistance from 1.5ohms to 2.5ohms. depending on the type of juice that I'm vaping and the mood I'm in...

I'd appreciate any useful input.

Thank you kindly...

Peace-

Last edited:

Acheron

Jul 20, 2010
irving, tx
Let's talk batteries. For some they are a great mystery. For others great pleasure using them the right way. Please ask any questions about the sizes, kinds, chemistry, voltage, mAH or anything else. I will do my best to help or find the answer quickly.

i currently am using stacked RCR123A 3.2V in my Silver bullet.. i know that at the atty/carto i am pumping out aprox 6.4V.. i want to go higher... i am not getting the punch in the throat hit like i want..

i am currently vaping 36Mg/Ml nic at a 40vg/60pg mix...

any advise?

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
i currently am using stacked RCR123A 3.2V in my Silver bullet.. i know that at the atty/carto i am pumping out aprox 6.4V.. i want to go higher... i am not getting the punch in the throat hit like i want..

i am currently vaping 36Mg/Ml nic at a 40vg/60pg mix...

any advise?

You could stack 2 16340s for 7.4volts

MisterCombo21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2010
Syracuse NY
**Should have posted this here originally instead of starting a new thread, didnt see this before.. Please delete my AW vs AW IMR Opinons thread. Sorry **

Its time for me to order new 18650s and though I like the regular 2600 Mah AW's a lot, I am wondering if the high drain IMR's would last me all day... By the end of the day I am no longer satisfied with the 3.9ish voltage it puts out.... If at the end of the day they are running at around that, should I expect an IMR to last me all day at 4.1 to 4.2?

I know they last a much shorter time but someone mathematically inclined should be able to figure out whether, at my average daily usage, it would last that long (14-16 hours)... I tried consulting the battery charts showing the Mah and voltage but couldn't really get an answer that way... I strictly use the 1.7 smoketechs. Thanks much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread