~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattoo6.0

Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
San Diego
Hey guys just thought id drop by and introduce myself. As of 11/25/17 I'm the proud new owner of a Billet Box(rat black blem). Ive been after one of these things for 4 years now and finally it happened. in fact it happened twice because when i checked the site on cyber monday and saw a Fashion Nugget still available i pulled the trigger on that one as well. After waiting as long as i did to get one, grabbing a second one right away seemed like the right thing to do. Anyways just happy to be part of the club. Still have a lot of learning to do and have to hunt down an atomizer for these guys so ill probably be asking a bunch of questions.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Hey guys just thought id drop by and introduce myself. As of 11/25/17 I'm the proud new owner of a Billet Box(rat black blem). Ive been after one of these things for 4 years now and finally it happened. in fact it happened twice because when i checked the site on cyber monday and saw a Fashion Nugget still available i pulled the trigger on that one as well. After waiting as long as i did to get one, grabbing a second one right away seemed like the right thing to do. Anyways just happy to be part of the club. Still have a lot of learning to do and have to hunt down an atomizer for these guys so ill probably be asking a bunch of questions.

Welcome Tattoo!

Feel free to ask away!

Hey, we're kinda twins...

My first BBox was a Rat Black, and I grabbed a Nugget on Cyber Monday as well!!!

You've found a good home here for all your BBox needs!

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Received my new Boro tank a few days ago and installed it, and no more leaking. I had changed out the o rings in the old tank and that didn't help the leaking, but hadn't changed the door gasket. I don't know how old the old tank is, as I bought this from someone else, but I guess the door gasket was just getting too old. Guess I'll be getting a couple spares.

tattoo6.0

Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
San Diego
Ok guys here is my first and probably my most important question. ill start with a little back story/info. I've been vaping for 4 years now and the last 3 have been with a Kayfun lite plus V2. I'm very much a flavor chaser type of vaped and I've just gotten so used to the vape the Kayfun gives me that most other RTA's I've tried haven't really done anything for me. I've read a ton of this thread trying to figure out what i want to put in my new Billet Boxes and the best i can come up with is an Exocet with Kayfun 5 airflow restrictors. So my question to you guys is do you think there is something better suited to try to mimic that Kayfun lite plus vape that I'm so used to? any and all replies are welcome. Thanks in advance. Im might not reply right away because I'm not always near my computer and i haven't figured out how to post on my iPhone,

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Ok guys here is my first and probably my most important question. ill start with a little back story/info. I've been vaping for 4 years now and the last 3 have been with a Kayfun lite plus V2. I'm very much a flavor chaser type of vaped and I've just gotten so used to the vape the Kayfun gives me that most other RTA's I've tried haven't really done anything for me. I've read a ton of this thread trying to figure out what i want to put in my new Billet Boxes and the best i can come up with is an Exocet with Kayfun 5 airflow restrictors. So my question to you guys is do you think there is something better suited to try to mimic that Kayfun lite plus vape that I'm so used to? any and all replies are welcome. Thanks in advance. Im might not reply right away because I'm not always near my computer and i haven't figured out how to post on my iPhone,

Don't worry Tatt-Daddy!

This gang has you covered!

I'll say that the Exocet (in a Rev4) is hands down one of the best vapes I've ever had in almost 8 years of vaping.

I will also say, acquiring one is essentially impossible since they're (foolishly) no longer in production.

That Chineez site has an SXK clone version, which is apparently a very good clone, and has gotten a lot of A- "side by side" reviews compared to an authentic Exocet.

Not to start the whole clone argument here (cuz nobody here is really interested anyway) but I am staunchly against buying clones...unless in the face of the Vapocalypse and the original manufacturer is no longer making said item...although, ironically, restricted access to items is one of the bigger Clone Condoner arguments.

YES - I bought an SXK Exocet clone from FastTech...it was only $11.

Haven't tried it yet, but after a visual examination, it appears to be 1:1

Hell, I even had to mark it to be sure I could differentiate it from my authentic units.

So, in this case, a clone has saved the day...making me a total hypocrite.

------MOVING ON------

I haven't tried using the KF5 MTL adapter plugs, as I find the Exocet airflow to be adequate.

But many others have tried it and have found good success.

If you can hold off for a short period of time, I know of another atomizer that is soon to be released for the Rev4...

I collaborated with the company who is making it, to finally push them over the edge into making a BBox atty.

I've had very open and constant communication with the owner of the company, and even shipped them all three BBox Boro tanks to measure and study...a Rev3, a Rev4, and an A-tank.

They landed on building for a Rev4 standard tank.

I've got a prototype of the device in one of my Bboxes at the moment, and I can say it is fantastic.

In fact, it's the only other BBox atomizer I've tried that gives me an Exocet quality vape.

The bonus is: It came with airflow inserts to customize the size of the airflow tube, similar to the KF5 MTL adapter plugs.

These may or may not end up coming with the final production models, but I hope they do...cuz it's one heck of a bonus!

It also has a bottom airflow ring, similar to the Exocet and Insider.

-------------

I can't give out any more info than that, and as of right now, the release is projected for this month.

I've strongly urged them to produce a Rev3 compatible atomizer, and they said that it's not out of the realm of possibilities...

But they want this Rev4 atomizer to be their introduction to the BBox world.

Personally, this is an Exocet Killer...even though the Exocet is "dead" since it's no longer in production.

-------------

As for posting from your iPhone:

There's an app called TapaTalk

I have no issue with it, but your mileage may vary.

It lets you sign in and view/post to ECF without having to use Safari.

I'm posting with it right here in this post!

Again, welcome aboard!
[emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482]

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Received my new Boro tank a few days ago and installed it, and no more leaking. I had changed out the o rings in the old tank and that didn't help the leaking, but hadn't changed the door gasket. I don't know how old the old tank is, as I bought this from someone else, but I guess the door gasket was just getting too old. Guess I'll be getting a couple spares.

Woohoo!

You're on the road again!

In fact, you just passed the sign that says:

"You are now leaving Leaksville...don't come back now, ya hear?"

[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
If you can hold off for a short period of time, I know of another atomizer that is soon to be released for the Rev4...

I collaborated with the company who is making it, to finally push them over the edge into making a BBox atty.

I've had very open and constant communication with the owner of the company, and even shipped them all three BBox Boro tanks to measure and study...a Rev3, a Rev4, and an A-tank.

I've got a prototype of the device in one of my Bboxes at the moment, and I can say it is fantastic.

In fact, it's the only other BBox atomizer I've tried that gives me an Exocet quality vape.

Oh WOW! Love to hear this! Will be standing by! That's great news! :banana:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Just an FYI, I'v been searching High & Low for a nice set of doors with a sight hole for the screen & tank.
I came across this site a while back, I ordered a set & they are stunning! I just ordered a second set :)
If any one is interested here's a link, most of them have been sold all ready, but there are a some left :)
konciomods

bMRC8tC.jpg

tattoo6.0

Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
San Diego
Don't worry Tatt-Daddy!

This gang has you covered!

I'll say that the Exocet (in a Rev4) is hands down one of the best vapes I've ever had in almost 8 years of vaping.

I will also say, acquiring one is essentially impossible since they're (foolishly) no longer in production.

That Chineez site has an SXK clone version, which is apparently a very good clone, and has gotten a lot of A- "side by side" reviews compared to an authentic Exocet.

Not to start the whole clone argument here (cuz nobody here is really interested anyway) but I am staunchly against buying clones...unless in the face of the Vapocalypse and the original manufacturer is no longer making said item...although, ironically, restricted access to items is one of the bigger Clone Condoner arguments.

YES - I bought an SXK Exocet clone from FastTech...it was only $11.

Haven't tried it yet, but after a visual examination, it appears to be 1:1

Hell, I even had to mark it to be sure I could differentiate it from my authentic units.

So, in this case, a clone has saved the day...making me a total hypocrite.

------MOVING ON------

I haven't tried using the KF5 MTL adapter plugs, as I find the Exocet airflow to be adequate.

But many others have tried it and have found good success.

The bonus is: It came with airflow inserts to customize the size of the airflow tube, similar to the KF5 MTL adapter plugs.

These may or may not end up coming with the final production models, but I hope they do...cuz it's one heck of a bonus!

It also has a bottom airflow ring, similar to the Exocet and Insider.

-------------

I can't give out any more info than that, and as of right now, the release is projected for this month.

I've strongly urged them to produce a Rev3 compatible atomizer, and they said that it's not out of the realm of possibilities...

But they want this Rev4 atomizer to be their introduction to the BBox world.

Personally, this is an Exocet Killer...even though the Exocet is "dead" since it's no longer in production.

-------------

As for posting from your iPhone:

There's an app called TapaTalk

I have no issue with it, but your mileage may vary.

It lets you sign in and view/post to ECF without having to use Safari.

I'm posting with it right here in this post!

Again, welcome aboard!
[emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482]

Dude! You are amazingly helpful. Thank you so much for all your input. I too am not a fan of clones, which is why it took me as long to get a Billet Box as it did. I kind of figured this would be the case with an authentic Exocet but I'll always keep trying to get one. In the meantime I'll have to settle with a clone which I'm not thrilled about. I'm also very interested in the unit your helping develop so put me down for 2 as soon as they are available. If anyone out there in Billet Box land has anything they might want to direct me towards for getting my boxes up and running I'd be hugely appreciative. For right now all I can do is look at them. Now I'm gonna figure out what I need to do to get set up for the classified section. Again thanks to everyone who has welcomed me and helped me out so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread