Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Try wrapping an o-ring around the 510 connection or change it for the standard one if you have a hybrid drip tip :) This will make it push down a bit harder and solve the problem.

I've also heard that the positive connection starts off a little bit proud and then can get compressed over time....so look at that as well....the o ring works for that too :)

@kas122461 - part of my regular cleaning routine for the 3s always included stretching out the positive contacts. I used some of the oversized AW batteries so it was a necessity for me.

Also, as Charlie indicated, some of the hybrid tips were just a c-hair short, and could mess with your connections. The early JMKs were particularly notorious in this area (which he later corrected).

Best bet is if you have any of the old BBV made hybrids, try one of those. If they fail, something's wrong with the device itself.

I'm thinking it's one of those two things too, since there's really not much that can break down with 3s.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Katdarling

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I only use one of the hybrid tips and it is the one the BBV made, and it is only used in my Rev 4. I am using the brass pieces that came with the Rev 3's sense I bought them. I never tried stretching the battery contacts, the batteries still snap in and click when putting them in, but is is worth a try. :|

KAS

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I only use one of the hybrid tips and it is the one the BBV made, and it is only used in my Rev 4. I am using the brass pieces that came with the Rev 3's sense I bought them. I never tried stretching the battery contacts, the batteries still snap in and click when putting them in, but is is worth a try. :|

KAS

Just try with that tip. You can put it back on the 4 immediately, but that would be my tell-all sign.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Just try with that tip. You can put it back on the 4 immediately, but that would be my tell-all sign.

I just remembered another option that I have, I bought one of these from Atmistique years ago just for the novelty. I put it in my black Rev 3, put a Kayfun on top and it fires. so it is not a faulty board. I will try using it like this for a while to be sure, but it is working like this for the moment. :|

https://www.atmistique.gr/en/product/atmistique-billetbridge-510/

KAS

I just tried it on my red one, and it looks like it is still dead though.

Last edited:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I just remembered another option that I have, I bought one of these from Atmistique years ago just for the novelty. I put it in my black Rev 3, put a Kayfun on top and it fires. so it is not a faulty board. I will try using it like this for a while to be sure, but it is working like this for the moment. :|

Atmistique BilletBridge 510 - Electronic Cigarette Atmistique

KAS

I just tried it on my red one, and it looks like it is still dead though.
Kas...ok then the one that's working is definitely because of the bridge not connecting correctly somewhere and should be easy to cure :)

The one that's still dead...it still might be the same as above but it could be the board.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Has anyone seen this?

https://friendlyflipper.com/product/delro_d75c_pre/

afe4e0f69db6a27086926daca6e91313.jpg

337e92e1b3eeabd3ece5790f4e7534b6.jpg

af285f49d99385ce499b22cb97b39aee.jpg

Website says it was “approved by BBV” to use the Boro tank...

It sounds kinda small:

d75c comes in at 101mm tall, 45.5mm wide, and 23.7mm thick. Space could not be better utilized, with the tank sitting directly above the battery and the DNA75c fixed along side the pair.

101mm tall = 3.97 in

45.5mm wide = 1.79 in

23.7mm thick = 0.93 in

We shall see how this turns out!

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I had forgotten that they now had a box for these. The old Rev 3 that seems to not be working is on the left, and the new Rev 4 on the right. There is a Billet bridge in the box that is a different one than I use, I ordered one that uses the standard BCV coils. I can't remember what the others are called naughtylist coils? :D

KAS

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
OCC means Kanger OCC (organic cotton coil), if memory serves me correctly.

Thanks, a long time ago there was only one type of coil bridge that was available, and those are the ones I still use now. These are the only drop in coils I have ever used and only in the BB, it looks like these are for a subtank, I doubt I will ever use it. :|

KAS

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Christmas 2014. This was a gift to the guy who ended up marrying my step-daughter. It was pristine until he let her take this from him.

Needless to say, it's been dropped. Still fires every single time...

These pics were taken just a couple of hours ago.

20190526_141352.jpg
20190526_141402.jpg
20190526_141412.jpg
20190526_141422.jpg

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Christmas 2014. This was a gift to the guy who ended up marrying my step-daughter. It was pristine until he let her take this from him.

Needless to say, it's been dropped. Still fires every single time...

These pics were taken just a couple of hours ago.

I honestly don't know whether to laugh, cry, or be amazed. I've heard you mention she could be a bit "tough" on equipment, but that speaks volumes about the design and build quality.

And we desperately need the option here of some little smiley face showing shock and awe.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I honestly don't know whether to laugh, cry, or be amazed. I've heard you mention she could be a bit "tough" on equipment, but that speaks volumes about the design and build quality.

And we desperately need the option here of some little smiley face showing shock and awe.

Precisely, GG. She put in on the table and I literally started cracking up. Pulled out my phone, and began snapping. She knew I'd be posting it too. :lol:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
:shock: / :eek: . . . . :cool: / :2cool: / :w00t: / :thumbs: / :headbang:

Maybe one of these will work for Ya' . . .

BTW:
See the "Smiley" Face :unsure: in the editing bar right above this box (Up There ^^^^^^^^^) :rolleyes: , when you are entering text to post to the thread, well that is where you'll find all of these and even more Smiley Faces . . . :blink: Just Sayin' . . . :2c: ;)

.​

Last edited:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Hi all! Can you help me choose an hybrid drip for my billet box? I'm an MTL vaper. I'm down to these two:

Atmistique Mitsos
JMK Pico+

(I can post links to stores, right?)

Have anyone used one of these?

I bought some of the Atmistique tips, but not that one. If they would have had that one, I would have bought one. The ones I bought the bore hole was so big, they were useless to me. I never tried hybrid tips again after that, I hate wide bore drip tips. The one that I do like was made by BBV, it was a limited run, I wish I would have ordered more than one of them. Those 2 JMK tips are the other two I was considering, but I did not do it because of the no 0-ring design. :|

KAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread