Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
But hanging onto your questions, I'm wondering how many people regularly clean the positive contact in their boxes.

I ALWAYS did, GG. BB cleanings were a regular event 'round Stamford. :cool:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Speaking of Sweet Vapes...
Say... anybody know where Strings has gone off to? They haven't been around for a couple of years now.
Yes, I'm using a carto, a slotted 3 ohm carto from Sweet Vapes.
Speaking of Sweet-Vapes, their website has been down since Jan 1, 2019. Anybody knows what is up with them? Did they call it quits?

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
A1Pics4.jpg

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

I recently purchased a set of FF panels (smoked)

They’re great quality, but a tad too thick for me.

I like them enough, and use them regularly...but I definitely favor the stock panels over them.

Also got some GREAT panels from Mum’s.

They’re a textured diamond cut style...and WOW are they thin!

Made from real G10, and thinner than the stock panels.

Easily my favorite of the panels I own.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Reactions: HBcorpse

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
Hi everyone. Need a help here with the Insider MTL. In the past I'd the Insider and loved it. So when I started to vape MTL only again and had to choose an atty for my BB, getting the Insider MTL was an easy choice.

The problem is that it seems that I don't know how to rebuild the Insider any more. I've seen the same youtube videos as before (ABGV, Geekay and the Steam Tuners Oficial one), and can't get it right. The three build it different:
- ABGV pushes the wicks to the juice channels
- Steam tunners dont even put the wicks touching the juice channels
- Geekay uses the same method as ST but without saturate the wicks

Now, asking to you: which method here works? I've tried the three and cant get any to work. The only thing that I didnt and will try next: cut the wicks pointy and put the end on the juice channels, pressing the wick down so they stay in the juice channel but dont block the juice (neither the air).

What do you think?

Thanks all :)

Reactions: HBcorpse

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Hi everyone. Need a help here with the Insider MTL. In the past I'd the Insider and loved it. So when I started to vape MTL only again and had to choose an atty for my BB, getting the Insider MTL was an easy choice.

The problem is that it seems that I don't know how to rebuild the Insider any more. I've seen the same youtube videos as before (ABGV, Geekay and the Steam Tuners Oficial one), and can't get it right. The three build it different:
- ABGV pushes the wicks to the juice channels
- Steam tunners dont even put the wicks touching the juice channels
- Geekay uses the same method as ST but without saturate the wicks

Now, asking to you: which method here works? I've tried the three and cant get any to work. The only thing that I didnt and will try next: cut the wicks pointy and put the end on the juice channels, pressing the wick down so they stay in the juice channel but dont block the juice (neither the air).

What do you think?

Thanks all :)
Hi Danielpm in my view the ABVG is correct. Are you using enough cotton? Your cotton need to be tight in the coil without it distorting the coil as you pull it through...if that makes sense :)

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
Hi Danielpm in my view the ABVG is correct. Are you using enough cotton? Your cotton need to be tight in the coil without it distorting the coil as you pull it through...if that makes sense :)
Yes, it is :) . Maybe I've used too much. Will try the method again, but this time with less cotton :)

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I have used a Rev 3 daily for years now, I use them with the classic bridge that uses the standard aspire BVC coils. Yesterday it quit firing, weird but it has happened before with a bad coil. I put a new coil in it, same thing. :?: So I put the tank in another Rev 3, still wont fire. I took the bridge and coil out and put them in a Rev 4 tank and works fine. What the hell? what are the chances that 2 of my Rev 3 BB's quit working at the same time. I also put the batteries in my charger and they check out okay, very bizarre. I think I am going to just order another Rev 4 tomorrow, I have been wanting another one for quite some time. I will figure out the Rev 3 thing later, it is too confusing. :|

KAS

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Well I got my black Rev 3 working again, not really sure what did it. I swapped out the tank with a different one, cleaned everything, and now it is working. After that, I took the tank out and put it in my red Rev 3 that I had issues with last night, and it still wont fire. The same tank and batteries from the black one, and nope. I will mess around with it later, at least I got my main one going again. :)

KAS

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Well I got my black Rev 3 working again, not really sure what did it. I swapped out the tank with a different one, cleaned everything, and now it is working. After that, I took the tank out and put it in my red Rev 3 that I had issues with last night, and it still wont fire. The same tank and batteries from the black one, and nope. I will mess around with it later, at least I got my main one going again. :)

KAS
My guess is that you had a bad connection between the bridge and the positive or negative poles.....this is a known problem....when you first build the boro you can slide the bridge up and down a bit....make sure that it is properly seated at the top....if the key doesn't make a good connection that will cause your problem....hope this helps :)

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
My guess is that you had a bad connection between the bridge and the positive or negative poles.....this is a known problem....when you first build the boro you can slide the bridge up and down a bit....make sure that it is properly seated at the top....if the key doesn't make a good connection that will cause your problem....hope this helps :)

It was just weird, I don't have these problems with a Rev 3 BB very often. It seems like I had a similar problem about a year and a half ago. I don't think I figured out what the problem was then either. :unsure:

I have not looked at the red Rev 3 yet today. I might try a different thingy in the tank, I am not sure which one, I have several that I have not tried in a long time. :|

I also did order a Rev 4 Fawkes Red w/black button, a spare Black tank, and another BVC bridge. I had the choice of the Silver or the Dober, I picked the red because of the issues I am having with my red Rev 3. There might not be any real serious problem with it, but that is how I am justifying the purchase. :)

KAS

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
It was just weird, I don't have these problems with a Rev 3 BB very often. It seems like I had a similar problem about a year and a half ago. I don't think I figured out what the problem was then either. :unsure:

I have not looked at the red Rev 3 yet today. I might try a different thingy in the tank, I am not sure which one, I have several that I have not tried in a long time. :|

I also did order a Rev 4 Fawkes Red w/black button, a spare Black tank, and another BVC bridge. I had the choice of the Silver or the Dober, I picked the red because of the issues I am having with my red Rev 3. There might not be any real serious problem with it, but that is how I am justifying the purchase. :)

KAS

Well yes, some form of justification does help when clicking through on a new BB :)

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Well that was quick, the black Rev 3 just quit again, I took the tank and batteries out and put them in my gold one. So I give up on it, no regrets on my order now. :|

KAS
Try wrapping an o-ring around the 510 connection or change it for the standard one if you have a hybrid drip tip :) This will make it push down a bit harder and solve the problem.

I've also heard that the positive connection starts off a little bit proud and then can get compressed over time....so look at that as well....the o ring works for that too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread