~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Thanks man. I like these panels. A lot. Yes honey flat. Curved was not available but I still dig em.

as for power / resistance - it’s 0.5mm SSVTi so the cold reading is 0.35 but when I finish my ~3 second rip it is at 0.55. Pretty much the same build I run in everything. Nice slow ramp up then perfect warmth way I like it on a chipped device. On a mech with a fresh battery it heats up a lil quicker than I like but can always add a wrap but I’m lazy AF so I just pulse it till the battery discharges some.

Nice build!

Man I hope the Mums guy makes a curved option for the panels that have no texture (like your new Honey panels)...

The Grippy and Diamond options are curved, but I’d really like a curved smooth version.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Nice build!

Man I hope the Mums guy makes a curved option for the panels that have no texture (like your new Honey panels)...

The Grippy and Diamond options are curved, but I’d really like a curved smooth version.

It's been a while so things may have changed, but he's had no problem making me a couple of panel sets just from contacting him. Nice guy, good product support. I got some smooth white panels when all he had listed was the grippy ones.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Diggin' the (new to me) ol' skool!

0129201709.jpg

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
It's been a while so things may have changed, but he's had no problem making me a couple of panel sets just from contacting him. Nice guy, good product support. I got some smooth white panels when all he had listed was the grippy ones.

I try to buy off the menu, and space out my orders.

We had a miscommunication (involving a return/refund) a while back, and I don’t want to push my luck.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Well crap, today they had 2 that I want, the Nugget black button, which I never saw that it was available, so it sold out before my page refreshed. Also the BX9 black button. I guess if these keep going this fast, all the way up to May, I might never get these last 4. :unsure:

I really wish I could just preorder the ones I want, then just wait for them. I am sick of these F5 wars. :mad:

KAS

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Well crap, today they had 2 that I want, the Nugget black button, which I never saw that it was available, so it sold out before my page refreshed. Also the BX9 black button. I guess if these keep going this fast, all the way up to May, I might never get these last 4. :unsure:

I really wish I could just preorder the ones I want, then just wait for them. I am sick of these F5 wars. :mad:

KAS

Uh...what does May have to do with it?

Oh no...the FDA regs right?

Does that mean the death knell is ringing for BBV?

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Uh...what does May have to do with it?

Oh no...the FDA regs right?

Does that mean the death knell is ringing for BBV?

I have never heard one way or the other, if Billet box's will be around after that. So I want to get them all before May comes around. If they are still around after that, that is great, but I don't really want to take that chance. :unsure:

KAS

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I don't think any of us will know for sure until after the drop dead date in May. And it will all depend on how each company decides to handle it. An example that comes to mind is House of Hybrids. At the time of the Deeming, Mike looked at the regs and pretty much pulled the plug on any development, at least for US products. He chose not to break any rules whether they were nonsense or even if he knew there would be no retribution. But since then, there have been hundreds (thousands?) of new devices released to the market and I've not heard of any raids, fines, or lawsuits.

The FDA has been clear that they do not have the funding nor manpower to 100% police the industry after the deadline. They've stated that they will take action on the most severe infractions. I read that as meaning the ones they think will get a lot of press and have big "we're saving the children" image.

So I'm thinking it will come down to how much every maker wants to gamble or how much confidence they have that things will be business as usual. In the words of Harry Callahan, "Do you feel lucky?"

Last edited:

wtfKevrr

Feb 12, 2020
Nice build!

Hello there, I was bouncing around different forums and your comment on Smooth panels with that stock curved profile caught my attention. Decided to sign up so I could let ya know that Mums has recently been working on exactly that. When I saw him Monday afternoon i was able to get a set of the Clear Curved to go along with a 2020 RNB i was buying off him. I love that stock door curved profile also. Not a fan of the flat panels, they don’t feel the same in the hand.
He’s a solid dude, and always takes care of his customers. He’s not the type to trip out when ppl come to him with questions.
EEF87488-E6C0-4801-AB8D-EC31636B128F.jpeg
3A3CFE1B-BFD0-497C-A6A3-B8E3E5AA6957.jpeg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
A bit of black & orange (a combo I'm quite fond of).

View attachment 869801

..and for one gentleman here who may be wondering how this is possible (since he owns a long lost love of mine), I'll only say:

1. Yes, I had to replace it, and -
  2. Yes, it's brand new. :D
Sometimes we get lucky. Fate, fortune, and (most of all) friendship smiled upon me (us) for a few moments. :wub:

It's a direct relation (first cousins, I believe) to another that was recently posted here, by "another". ;)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
..and for one gentleman here who may be wondering how this is possible (since he owns a long lost love of mine), I'll only say:

1. Yes, I had to replace it, and -
  2. Yes, it's brand new. :D
Sometimes we get lucky. Fate, fortune, and (most of all) friendship smiled upon me (us) for a few moments. :wub:

It's a direct relation (first cousins, I believe) to another that was recently posted here, by "another". ;)

:confused: . . . o_O

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Your old favorite, "L'Orange" left my hands some time ago. It was purchased by someone here, who I knew would take good care of it.

But I should have known myself better than that. My appreciation for the color surpasses even your disdain for it. :pervy:

So it's been replaced, and I am happy.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
:)

Okay I finally got one the BX9. I tried it a little differently today, I had the BX9 open in a tab, and just kept refreshing that one page. I got threw check out a bit faster that way. I was not even sure if it was going to be available or not, so it might not work all the time. I still need the green (TMN), the dark blue (RNB), and the Gold (Nugget). :D

KAS

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
:)

Okay I finally got one the BX9. I tried it a little differently today, I had the BX9 open in a tab, and just kept refreshing that one page. I got threw check out a bit faster that way. I was not even sure if it was going to be available or not, so it might not work all the time. I still need the green (TMN), the dark blue (RNB), and the Gold (Nugget). :D

KAS

It looks like things came back down to a more "normalish" pace this morning. She had posted that they'd be back up to speed soon (on FB, I believe), and I'm glad to see that it came to be this quickly.

Nice score, KAS. I'm glad you finally got it. :)

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Your old favorite, "L'Orange" left my hands some time ago. It was purchased by someone here, who I knew would take good care of it.

But I should have known myself better than that. My appreciation for the color surpasses even your disdain for it. :pervy:

So it's been replaced, and I am happy.

The illusive travelng Kurbis shows its handsome face.

There must have been some sort of glitch with the good luck genie. You found a new Rev 3 and I finally found not only a used Rev 3 boro, but a brand new one with the added delight of the original instruction sheet written in classic Billet Speak.

kur_boro (Medium).jpg

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
The illusive travelng Kurbis shows its handsome face.

There must have been some sort of glitch with the good luck genie. You found a new Rev 3 and I finally found not only a used Rev 3 boro, but a brand new one with the added delight of the original instruction sheet written in classic Billet Speak.

View attachment 869885

Copy Should Be Posted for EVERYONE . . . ;)

OH YEA - Original Rev 3 any RED - NEEDED - WANTED - WHATEVER ! ! !

Link to one that is somewhat inexpensive would be very appreciated . . . :D

Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
Copy Should Be Posted for EVERYONE . . . ;)

Ok, this took me a while. My camera is slightly above preschool quality and my photo skills are well below that. But I remembered I have a scanner though I didn't remember how to use it.

Here's a couple of selected excerpts. The instructions were not professionally printed and were not a standard size so scanning the whole sheet would have meant turning it 90 degrees. That is clearly a foul thing for the internet since you'd have to turn you head to one side to see what an image is; or alternatively having an image that is so wide is screws up all the messages on a page since you have to scroll left and right to read it.

The sheet, which was obviously produced with multiple copies on a single sheet from a home computer is trimmed pretty haphazardly too. Rather than that being shocking, I sort of like it since it reminds me that Billet Box is not some vast corporation funded by venture capitalists but rather a handful (or less) of vape enthusiasts turning out top of the line gear.

rev3boro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread