Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
1a8704d0-93bc-4549-abf7-c9f2c0d9df63-992cb1e1-eaa3-454d-ad52-7488a82bd040-v1.png

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Not sure I did it correctly, nor how easy this will be (can only use phone - Not good - so far a lot of work) . . . . . . Nope - NADA - NOT NICE . . . Doesn't work on "My" phone and cannot get it to work on computer either - Chrome . . . All "My" tech programs are too old - Well everything to old including "Me" . . . Oh well - moving on . . . ):

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I KNEW you'd figure it out, Unc!!!

:thumbs: :banana: :thumbs: :banana:...

OH if Ya' only knew . . . o_O Still have to download all the emoji's to my phone gallery and then transfer to my computer and eventually upload to an editing program online and then save again to my computer before I can post them to ECF . . . :shock:

Only done a few so far . . . So - Don't know how far I'll get . . . We'll See . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
OH if Ya' only knew . . . o_O Still have to download all the emoji's to my phone gallery and then transfer to my computer and eventually upload to an editing program online and then save again to my computer before I can post them to ECF . . . :shock:

Only done a few so far . . . So - Don't know how far I'll get . . . We'll See . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

As fun as the custom thingies are, I backed off when I saw what was involved. Congrats to you for at least trying to jump through all the hoops.

An increasingly obvious sign of "I am a geezer" is my use of my cell phone. It receives and makes calls. Same for text messages. l still have NO interest in doing any sort of web access with a tiny input device not made for human hands - along with reading a display that small. I have a perfectly usable computer to do that easily, legibly, and without fuss.

It struck me a while back that there is no need to instantly receive a youtube link someone's sent, or to handle sensitive (bank, credit card) info on a device that is easily lost. Though I've never lost a phone, there is always that chance. Yes, I know there are passwords, security measures, etc., but nothing I wish to deal with when I don't have to.

TLDR: Great program, but not really usable for somebody who's not smitten with what phones have turned into.

So if I didn't have to do a crazy data dance between my phone and my PC, I'd be posting an emoji of a cranky guy who's happily allowed some trends to pass him by. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
View attachment 865853 Well I finally sucked into the rabbit hole after all these years of squonking. Got a XETA in there and some honey panels coming from Mums. Haven’t been on ECF in eons

Wow.

Someone was just taking about you a few months ago - wondering if you were still around (somewhere).

Nice to see you, hope you enjoy the BB, and hope all's well! :thumb:

Love the Loki tip too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread