The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Discussion in 'Modder/Accessories Supplier Forum' started by Doug Dino, Jan 1, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TheSneakerHoarder

TheSneakerHoarder Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2012
    DFW
    Anyone know what size grub screws the KRMA bridge needs? My hex key and screws are busted.

2. kas122461

kas122461 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    Well crap, I got distracted and missed the sale, they had what I was wanting too. :(

KAS

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rymarski

Rymarski Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2012
    Chicago
    So I have been looking at picking up a billet box for quite some time now. Any particular time I should be browsing to grab one?

• Like Like x 2
  4. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Open mind for a different view... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Most Saturday mornings at 09:30 (your time).

• Like Like x 1
  5. kas122461

kas122461 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    For me here in Indiana, it is 10:30 AM Saturday. (Time zones Confuse me) :|

KAS

• Like Like x 2
  6. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    ...and Indiana confuses ME! ;)

I've been stuck in The Time Zone Warp there a few times (I think they may have finally corrected that "situation"). :-x

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Rymarski

Apr 25, 2012
    Chicago
    Thanks for the response.

They seem to sell so fast. Reminds me of the old days when carvella and ihybrid mods would go in seconds.

Is it only 1 box at a time posted? Will need to set a better schedule to remember haha

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Very similar, yes, along with some others...

The demand had calmed for a while but some "outside forces" created a new run. There's no set number that are available, and it varies, but it doesn't matter. They'll sell 5 or 500 in minutes again.

The old Rev3s were very much like this for most of their existence. BB fans got accustomed to "Stalking Saturdays".

Be logged in before 09:30, have your card in hand, and make sure your address and everything is setup in your account. Stay focused, and you'll land one. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rymarski

Apr 25, 2012
    Chicago
    Appreciate the response. It’s nice to see modding communities still active on ecf.

With the vape community relying on everything mass production these days, it’s nice to see modders still around.

I’m researching the different setups for the billet. Any suggestions for resources, etc you can point me to?

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  10. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    My pleasure!

I'm going to let the experts respond to your atty question. My vape style is antiquated, and I'm still using the same (BB) setup as I've been for...

"Some" years. Not sure how many, but more than 5.

There are (supposedly) much better things available today, and the fine folks here know every single one of them, and can discuss them in great detail for you. That should help. :vapor:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. HBcorpse

HBcorpse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    If you can, have your card info pre-loaded in auto-fill.

Many of the “pros” at grabbing these BB’s say that Chrome is the best browser, and they recommend doing it from a computer, not a phone or tablet.

Don’t let your nerves overwhelm you...and don’t be surprised if you find your hands/fingers trembling a little...it’s the adrenaline.

If you’re looking for REBUILDABLE bridges/atomizers, Atmizoo is a good place to start.

I can whole-heartedly recommend the VapeShell, or the VapeSnail...both of which are wildly popular so they sell out.

There are many rebuildable bridges out there, but I’ve found those two to be the best (of the currently available)...

Not too much experience with factory coils (like Nautilus or EUC), but there are bridges for those too.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rymarski

Apr 25, 2012
    Chicago
    Thanks again for the replies.

So from what I understand, the vapesnail is an all in one kit that just plug and plays into the billet box?

The vapeshell can be used with the billet Boro box?

Besides the rebuildable bridges, the others I’m guessing are just used with various pre built coil setups?

I’m a big rebuildable fan and love the tinkering aspect of this mod. For you squonker and more direct inhale crowd, what has been your preference?

• Like Like x 3
  13. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    As HB said Atmizoo makes fine bridges that can be used in both mtl and dl, rdl vaping styles. Others are Boxxer V2, Bridg'd, Xeta, Crossbow, Insider, Exocet, Mission KRMA etc. There are inexpensive clones of these if you are inclined to sample them before you may want to shell out $$ for authentics. As far as prebuilt coils their are Aspire Nautilus,Kanger OCC, Atlantis type coils used in the A tank and Vaporesso EUC coils etc.
    Google, YouTube and FB are your friends when researching. There is something to match your style of vaping.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
  15. GeekyGeezer

GeekyGeezer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    Missouri
    The best answer for setups for a Billet Box depends on how you vape and what you expect. I am but a toddler in knowledge compared to Mr. Longo, but in the 3 or 4 years I've been around them I've run across very good ones, OK ones, and really bad poorly designed leaking pieces of trash. The current resurgence surprised me a bit as it came out of some factors totally unrelated to performance. Though along with that trend there came a surprising one where new Billet owners were expecting low resistance builds and lots of air. Those weren't among the BBV design goals as far as I can see. And it isn't the way I vape or ever expected the mods to be capable of.

So, if you are like many of those new buyers there's not much I can suggest. If you like MTL, tight or fairly open there are some things that work well. As HB mentioned, the vapeshell does great. It also offers tuning tools by providing various sized inserts below the coil to limit the amount of air. People who owned the Hellfire Exocet (which you won't be able to get) found they could get a great MTL vape by using the restrictors that Kayfun produced for their K5 tank. Atmizoo listened, and were the first to do it for a Billet Box atomizer. The new Vape Snail uses its own boro, also has chimney restrictors, but right now is impossible to find in stock.

But a recent addition is really excellent - the Xeta by Haku Mods. It, along with the Vapeshell, has an advantage in that along with being sold on fb groups there are also dealers that get stock from time to time. Anyhow, not only does the Xeta allow you to restrict the flow under the coil, it also has chimney restrictors so you can also adjust the flow coming out.

It's just a personal opinion, but of the rebuildables I own my order is Exocet>Xeta (by a VERY small margin)>Vapeshell. The first two are easier to wick imo because they both use a horizontal (Ubertoot/Hurricane/Taifun) style wick. The chamber wall is dropped over the coil with the wick extending out from each side. Cut the cotton at your preferred length and you're done.

The Vapeshell has the cotton enclosed within the deck. The amount and the placement are pretty important. Care must be taken with the wicking holes in the bottom of the deck to avoid flooding or dry hits. That sounds a lot more negative than it really is. But I can't deny the fact that with the horizontal wicking it's snip and go - while the Vapeshell does require more fidlling, re-adjusting, and double checking than those two.

I was going to carry on talking about the devices that use premade coils - but this has already turned into a short story.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Rymarski

Apr 25, 2012
    Chicago
    Lots to learn here.

Seems like many of these bridges, bridge builds, etc. are available mostly off international sites. Need to dig into this more. Really appreciate the insight from everyone.

Also, is a condensation plug necessary to run? Also, do standard 510 drip tips fit or an adapter necessary? Seeing various tips that screw in.

• Like Like x 1
  17. GeekyGeezer

GeekyGeezer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    Missouri
    The drip tip thing confuses a lot of people, it seems. The way the boro is secured inside the Billet Box is by a threaded stainless nut screwed in from the top. It's machined so that its inner diameter fits 510 drip tips. The tips that screw in are just an added accessory that can be used to eliminate the Billet Box nut - the drip tip itself is what makes the connection and fixes the boro to the rest of the mod. As for me, I tried a couple but then realized that those sort of drip tips could only be used on that single thing. So I like to use the supplied nut and use whatever tip I have that suits me at the time.

A condensation plug is totally not necessary. I've never used one since what they claim to do doesn't make sense to me. The juice/build/power level/bridge/vaping style is going to produce a certain amount of condensation and putting a piece of plastic below the boro is not going to change that. If I happen to have a particularly "juicy" setup going on, I just use tweezers to insert a wick trim in that area and it works fine for me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    In BB terminology, it is called a key.

• Like Like x 1
  19. HBcorpse

HBcorpse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    Sorry to be a bummer, old friend, but it’s called a nut.

This, however, is called a key:
    Billet Box Key
    It has little tabs that slot into the nut, to turn the nut.
    0F1BC750-7EE2-46AF-A58E-93F0F26B9FF6.jpeg

There are even “flush nuts” on the market:
    FFLUSH 510 BILLET BOX NUT By FRIENDLY FLIPPER
    29A8253F-654D-4603-A70C-C9E5DCC43F51.jpeg

Never bought one though...never had an issue with the nut sticking up a little...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. DPLongo22

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Anytime I'm feeling particularly confident about myself, I make it a point to pop into the BB thread to remind me how little I actually know.

Twas originally just called a screw (or "510 screw"), and only came in brass. FB folks renamed it when peeps started swapping out the inner screws. To avoid confusion, it became a nut ("Sometimes you feel like a nut...").

Contrary to @GeekyGeezer 's earlier comment (thank you, by the way, but... ;) ), I know NUSSING!!!

I'm so far behind the times, I'm about to lap myself.

get-off-my-lawn.jpeg

:cool:

Footnote: The aforemention GG keeps me educated, thankfully. If not for him taking the time, I'd think y'all were speaking Swahili. :blush:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2