Utopia
billet box1.jpg

bushmasterar15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Arizona
How's everyone, it's been awhile since I've visited ECF but I still have my Billet Boxes. Got the Rev 3 Fawkes that I used and a few other Rev 3's I bought still in the priority box they came in. Then got the dna 40 and 60 versions when those came out. Heck I even still have both my original VaporFlasks before they switched to the other company that made them.

Wolfmeat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Central WI
How's everyone, it's been awhile since I've visited ECF but I still have my Billet Boxes. Got the Rev 3 Fawkes that I used and a few other Rev 3's I bought still in the priority box they came in. Then got the DNA 40 and 60 versions when those came out. Heck I even still have both my original VaporFlasks before they switched to the other company that made them.

OK, I'm a relative new to Billet Box. What is a VaporFlask?

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
OK, I'm a relative new to Billet Box. What is a VaporFlask?

It's a completely different mod, Wolf. He was just citing the fact that he's still using some old stuff. In Bush's case, his Flasks are pre-Wismec (who cheapened the Flask line dramatically).

Congrats too, just by the way. Nice little haul... :):thumb:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
How's everyone, it's been awhile since I've visited ECF but I still have my Billet Boxes. Got the Rev 3 Fawkes that I used and a few other Rev 3's I bought still in the priority box they came in. Then got the DNA 40 and 60 versions when those came out. Heck I even still have both my original VaporFlasks before they switched to the other company that made them.

Nice to see you, and know you're still kicking up that desert sand. :)

Wolfmeat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Central WI
It's a completely different mod, Wolf. He was just citing the fact that he's still using some old stuff. In Bush's case, his Flasks are pre-Wismec (who cheapened the Flask line dramatically).

Congrats too, just by the way. Nice little haul... :):thumb:

Thanks.

Wolfmeat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Central WI
I've been disassembling and cleaning the Rev3 boxes and reading through the old BBV thread. I came accross a problem some had where the ball that locks the cover would not roll freely. A few of the boxes had that same problem and I was able to repair them. Now all of my balls roll.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I've been disassembling and cleaning the Rev3 boxes and reading through the old BBV thread. I came accross a problem some had where the ball that locks the cover would not roll freely. A few of the boxes had that same problem and I was able to repair them. Now all of my balls roll.

:lol:

I can't remember if he had any older (non-anodized) ones in that batch, but if you've read back (which it appears you have), you already know about the alcohol & olive oil deal. Keeps 'em NIIIIIIIIIICE. :D

Wolfmeat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Central WI
:lol:

I can't remember if he had any older (non-anodized) ones in that batch, but if you've read back (which it appears you have), you already know about the alcohol & olive oil deal. Keeps 'em NIIIIIIIIIICE. :D

Thank you, I did read that. And gnees informed me of that as well. In this case it was that the gasket material that BBV applies under the switch housing cover and oozed into the ball's well and froze things up. I was able to dig it all out and clean it so that they would function properly.

bushmasterar15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Arizona
Nice to see you, and know you're still kicking up that desert sand. :)
Yeah still out here wild wild west. Waiting to get a titanium disc spacer attached to my spine. But I need to heal up first from the foot surgery.
Things back East going well, I know you had a heck of a weather spell as my family back there had some issues with power outages from the snow.

Reactions: DPLongo22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread