The FastTech Thread for All FastTech Posts (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
A mystery package showed up on my informed delivery. Have not ordered anything new and have all the tracking numbers of my known packages anyway. Says it was delivered on Sat. So I went to the po to pick it up and no package or hint of one to be found. Good ole' usps. I guess its a good thing since I don't want to have to send back something I did not order or want anyway. Last year I kept getting mystery packages of really off the wall stuff. I think one was a diffuser and then a kit for making easter eggs. No return address on package except mailed from zip code xxxxx. The packages would resember Amazon but not have any other markings on it and did not actually say Amazon. So I finally was able to find out the stuff was coming from one of Amazon's sellers. So I called Amazon(that was a feat in itself to actually get a live person) and explained how I kept getting these surprise packages. She asks for one of the many long numbers that did appear on the package and confirmed it was one of theirs. So she said just to keep the stuff I have received and she would make sure if stop happening......guess it may have started again with this new one ---that remains to be seen. Heck they could have sent something I could actually use instead of junk. Oh well......lol

:)
Google.."""amazon brushing"".you may end up getting lots of odd things you never ordered. I suspect I got on their list after ordering a certain keyboard that came from China. I figure that seller sold our contact info to others wanting to improve their reviews and they need to pose as me/you with confirmed package sent out.

Ben Killeen

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2018
Finland (British)
It’s funny how countries have issues with their postal system.

Here in Finland I’ve ordered stuff from America, Canada, Portugal and China.

It always gets held by customs and no one tells me.

If it’s not claimed in a month, it either gets destroyed or sent back.

Have lost so much money due to this.
When I lived in the uk, I never ever had an issue with this

Last edited:

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
09vvy.jpg

FT sale for those of us who still have stuff in the cart after the gluttony of CNY :D

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I have a $40 FT order to put in...(for two Justfog Minifits + extra Pods)...

I live in Pittsburgh...PA...USA...

When ALL THOSE shipping options come up...what is the best FREE shipping option to choose???

I always use the one that says United States express Epacket.It's not free,i usually pay like .11 cents for it,but every time i've used it,i always get my package in about 2 weeks.The regular epacket is free i think,and probably takes about the same amount of time,i've just always used the other though,and had good luck so have stuck with that one.

Edit-I was curious,so i added a minifit to my cart to see the shipping options,and for me it didn't show any free shipping options because of the internal battery,i think the cheapest shipping it showed was like $4.

Last edited:

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Fasttech won’t ship anything with a battery to Finland for some reason?
Same with Canada. Local importation rules won't allow it.

We can get small button type batteries snail mailed (Singapore Post) but not lithium ion (18650's, 26650's, etc).

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Anyone having problems getting their packages in US since the 'donald' started throwing fits about China and the trade imbalance? Hoping that mess has settled down and all back to semi-normal. I put off ordering anything until their Valentines day coupon and am taking a chance. Fingers crossed.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Anyone having problems getting their packages in US since the 'donald' started throwing fits about China and the trade imbalance? Hoping that mess has settled down and all back to semi-normal. I put off ordering anything until their Valentines day coupon and am taking a chance. Fingers crossed.

I’ve gotten a few packages & happy to report no problems.

Ceejay0875

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2016

Haven't ordered anything from fasttech since last summer, but my husband and I each ordered pairs of eyeglasses from China in December and had no problem at all.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My only outstanding order with Fasttech is for a Vaporesso Target Mini 40W. Order was placed Feb 3rd and today it's awaiting pickup. Since it contains an internal battery, it's probably standing in a line for inspection before it's released to continue.

Shipment Summary
Shipment 1:
Ship via
USPS Expedited for Battery Products
Status
Shipped

Who knows which pile it's in for lithium battery product inspection before it's shipped. That, and it's probably involved in the Chinese New Year backlog line (2-5 to 2-19). I've been here a few times during CNY and my orders finally arrived after all the workers got back to work from their new year visit home. :)

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
My only outstanding order with Fasttech is for a Vaporesso Target Mini 40W. Order was placed Feb 3rd and today it's awaiting pickup. Since it contains an internal battery, it's probably standing in a line for inspection before it's released to continue.

Shipment Summary
Shipment 1:
Ship via
USPS Expedited for Battery Products
Status
Shipped

Who knows which pile it's in for lithium battery product inspection before it's shipped. That, and it's probably involved in the Chinese New Year backlog line (2-5 to 2-19). I've been there a few times and my orders finally arrived after all the workers got back to work from their new year visit home. :)
My package shipped this morning so as usual I will be watching closely on tracking.

I still have not be able to located the 1 and only package I ever had problems with. Its last scan still shows New York(ISC) on Dec 13, 2018 at 5:30am. My local po would not even consider doing anything until it was at least 2 months and I put in lost package reports with both my local po and higher up. Both claim it is in customs but customs says 'unless we contacted you that we had it---we do not have it.' FT finally says they put in a request for lost package and to be patient.....as soon as US declares lost then they will act. But between both customs and US Post office, neither seem willing to do much of anything let alone file a lost package report.......I hesitate to contact pp as FT is working with me and that is basically what pp would tell me also.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My package shipped this morning so as usual I will be watching closely on tracking.

I still have not be able to located the 1 and only package I ever had problems with. Its last scan still shows New York(ISC) on Dec 13, 2018 at 5:30am. My local po would not even consider doing anything until it was at least 2 months and I put in lost package reports with both my local po and higher up. Both claim it is in customs but customs says 'unless we contacted you that we had it---we do not have it.' FT finally says they put in a request for lost package and to be patient.....as soon as US declares lost then they will act. But between both customs and US Post office, neither seem willing to do much of anything let alone file a lost package report.......I hesitate to contact pp as FT is working with me and that is basically what pp would tell me also.

I always shop around for stateside deals before I order from Fasttech. If it's on sale for a couple of bucks more from a USA vendor with decent shipping rates I do that. If there's a significant price difference I go to Fasttech. I've never had a problem except during Chinese New Year. From my standpoint it looks like two weeks of shutdown, followed by significant startup lag afterwards. The rest of the year China vendors are pretty swift in getting product to me.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I always shop around for stateside deals before I order from Fasttech. If it's on sale for a couple of bucks more from a USA vendor with decent shipping rates I do that. If there's a significant price difference I go to Fasttech. I've never had a problem except during Chinese New Year. From my standpoint it looks like two weeks of shutdown, followed by significant startup lag afterwards. The rest of the year China vendors are pretty swift in getting product to me.
But this time it is not China who is the problem. It made it to NY.

But I agree with shopping stateside. But this was before Christmas and I could not find cheaper anywhere else. I did look as I think like you do about buying from China last. And this is my first and I hope my only problem with shipping.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

But I agree with shopping stateside. But this was before Christmas and I could not find cheaper anywhere else. I did look as I think like you do about buying from China last. And this is my first and I hope my only problem with shipping.

Mine usually come though Miami on the way to Georgia. I think it's something to do with the CNY as well as the internal battery. Anything with a lithium cell must take a detour when it hits the U.S.

A few months ago my Jac Vapour DNA 75 mod was sent back to England by customs because the package contained an 18650. Jac Vapour actually called my cell phone to discuss what to do. I told them to delete the battery and resend it. They did and I had it in a few days.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

I just signed up for delivery and movement updates and got 5 texts. Last one says it's in Compton, CA. Nice to know it made it out of China and across the pond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread