The Final Count Down -- Are You Ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Apparently I was mostly a nervous smoker and do fine as long as I can do some hand-to-mouth. I was down to 3mg about 10 months after I started. I have many of those $1 Blu pods from a while back, probably stretch them out with vg for a decade. I think I can put this all aside by then, if not now.

Pretty much haven't stocked up nor will. Not a hobby or a need. My concern as always will be the person that needs to put smokes aside.

Doffy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    Australia
    Well, I know I speak for a minority of vapers, but the biggest threat to my long term vaping is the ability to find a DIY flavor I like. As I mentioned in other threads, I am ridiculously picky about flavor. I mean REAL picky. It's a curse. Trust me! And yes, I was a sampling fiend before finding that one ADV flavor. If I cannot find a flavor(s) that works for me then no amount of preparation means a thing. So for those who fall in my category, the best thing you could do is begin your quest now. It may take awhile and a lot of experimenting before you come up with an acceptable flavor.

And as we have all learned, no one can help anyone else with flavor. It simply does not work that way. Each person has to find it for themselves. Just because I think a particular flavor is great means absolutely nothing to anyone else. So, if you're as hopeless as I am in finding an e-liquid flavor you can vape you had better get started now. That should take precedence over everything else (e.g., stocking up on supplies and gear). With 9 months remaining there should be plenty of time for the secondary concerns. And if you cannot find a flavor you like in 9 months then there is no hope anyway. :)

you started in 2012, doesn't that predate flavour concentrates being made specifically for vaping?

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Apparently I was mostly a nervous smoker and do fine as long as I can do some hand-to-mouth. I was down to 3mg about 10 months after I started. I have many of those $1 Blu pods from a while back, probably stretch them out with vg for a decade. I think I can put this all aside by then, if not now.

Pretty much haven't stocked up nor will. Not a hobby or a need. My concern as always will be the person that needs to put smokes aside.
    More proof that each of us have our own unique blend that draws us to vaping.

Doffy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    Australia

lots quit with juuls. The success rate might go down. But there will still be new vapers IMHO

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    you started in 2012, doesn't that predate flavour concentrates being made specifically for vaping?
    Not sure but I was sampling for several years past that. I'm pretty sure I've sampled at least 300 flavors, probably more. And out of all that I found one (yes, one) that is an ADV/EDV. Fortunately, I found it in 2012 and has been a staple in my life ever since. But I thought to myself, there has to be other flavors I could vape all day. Kept going and going and never found it. I finally gave up sampling because I was spending too much of my time vaping crap I didn't like and I tired of it. At the same time I tired of trying every new piece of gear to hit the market too. I kept up with the times but it didn't include fiddling with gear every day of my life.

p.s., I started vaping in 2011.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    I started vaping, this time, in February. Cut down past 3mg already, and am at the point where, I believe, getting down lower is mostly psychological. I'm sure my nicotine needs will be met at half my daily intake or less. Now to pick out 2.5 gallons to stretch well past when I know I won't be around, and, if I am, humankind better get its head out of its sphincter and as to vaping laws, or come up with something better.

P.S. As far as durability goes, other than the insulation, and RDA is about as solid as they come, or should a stock of those be needed too? I'd imagine that's be difficult to source, should they be deemed illegal?

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I started vaping, this time, in February. Cut down past 3mg already, and am at the point where, I believe, getting down lower is mostly psychological. I'm sure my nicotine needs will be met at half my daily intake or less. Now to pick out 2.5 gallons to stretch well past when I know I won't be around, and, if I am, humankind better get its head out of its sphincter and as to vaping laws, or come up with something better.

P.S. As far as durability goes, other than the insulation, and RDA is about as solid as they come, or should a stock of those be needed too? I'd imagine that's be difficult to source, should they be deemed illegal?
    I suspect RDAs will be tough to acquire. They fall under Deeming. Yes, they are durable but I'd make sure you have plenty of those on hand as well.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I just recently bought a freezer. I had always just kept a liter or so on hand in my basement cabinet. Against advice, I picked up more 100mg a month or so ago and it was fine. It was shipped two day via FedEx. I’ve got almost five liters on hand now and plan on getting a couple more. I’ve been vaping since 2009 and have tons of hardware. Back in the day, we made our own box mods. Not fancy but they worked. If it came down to it, I could make a box mod or flashlight mod. As long as I can get some kind of battery. I do have a few mechs but haven’t used them in years. I also have some fuses for them but hope I never need to use them.

I’ve wondered also what will happen to the WTA makers. I keep some on hand but could do without it. Snus keeps me pretty level along with vaping. It would be a shame if those that needed it, couldn’t get WTA any more.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I'm 59 and I agree with you on the nic stash.

JC , is this what you mean? Innokin iTaste DRV Kit

Yep! Seems like the older we get, with decades of smoking in our pasts ...the importance of preparing for the worst case scenario with vaping, is a given. I know that I'm one very determined senior citizen, as are many on here...who will do whatever is necessary to be able to vape, for as long as I want to. :)

Also, yes...that's the kit I was talking about. :thumbs:

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    Yep! Seems like the older we get, with decades of smoking in our pasts ...the importance of preparing for the worst case scenario with vaping, is a given. I know that I'm one very determined senior citizen, as are many on here...who will do whatever is necessary to be able to vape, for as long as I want to. :)

Also, yes...that's the kit I was talking about. :thumbs:
    If only it went past 20w. People like me are going to need transformers to power our Vapes. I have a nice one in storage. Two 5v rails at 26A.

Reactions: DPLongo22

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Are you ready?

I've been Ready since 8-7-16

:lol:

DPL & I made a concerted (that's like a concert. or a duet) effort starting in Sping, 2014 to begin and komplete the journey towards abstolute self-sufficiency with vape.

I believe we've succeeded, but..........

THAT DAMM "BUY" button!!!!!! The siren! The tantalizer! The charmer! The titillater!

Rob B.

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2019
    goodbye
    tried to buy 14500 lately? they'll go. Maybe 5 years, maybe 10, but they'll go

trustfire might still be going :lol:

I also collect high end LED flashlights. Been using Nitecore batteries for years and never had any problems. They even sell the IMR high amp batteries for vaping devices.

I also use AW's batteries for my lights. Would never use Trustfires though.
    smilie_thumbsdown.gif

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Way back someone posted the actual size of 510 threads. I looked up taps and dies in that size and they were available. A bit pricy since it was apparently not a commonly used size. I was thinking of getting a set just in case but didn't bother. Now I've lost the size info. Would be nice to have in the tool box if we had to make our own stuff.

Not even the Gov would have the nerve to outlaw a thread size. Would they?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread