chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Bill question:

Somewhere along the line I thought that you felt flavoring should be close to 30%. With most of these candy bars the flavor is about 20%. Are these older recipes or am i mistaken?

Thanks
SP

Here's an example of how chocolate works in different candy bar mixes.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ce-flavoring-thread-chocolate-candy-bars.html, or

Butterfinger

Caramel - 8%
Peanut Butter - 6%
Cotton Candy - 2%
Double Chocolate - 1.5%
Milk Chocolate - 1.5%
Vanilla Swirl - 1%
Sweetener - 1%

Almond Joy

Coconut Extra - 8%
Toasted Almond - 6%
English Toffee- 3%
Milk Chocolate - 3%
Sweetener - 4%

Mounds Bar

Milk Chocolate - 6%
Kona Coffee - 2%
Coconut Candy - 2%
Sweetener - 4%
Whipped Cream - 2%
Dark Double Chocolate - 4%

Peanut Butter Cup

Dark double Chocolate - 2%
Milk Chocolate - 4%
Peanut Butter - 4%
Caramel - 4%
Sweet Cream - 2%
Vanilla Swirl - 2%
Sweetener - 2%

Snickers

Dark Double Chocolate - 5%
Milk Chocolate - 2%
Caramel - 5%
Bavarian Cream - 3%
Peanut Butter - 2%
Sweet Cream - 2%
Sweetener - 3.5%

I think these recipes are spot on. You'll notice that the basic chocolate ingredients are fairly much the same, with different supporting flavorings. TFA chocolate + sweetener is not a finished chocolate. It's a bitter sweet chocolate base only. Fudge brownie, as Mrs C mentioned, may be the only TFA chocolate that is not that way. Are you just trying to make chocolate, just chocolate? :D

:2cool::2cool:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Bill, I read your other post about the various candies, but wanted to quote something a little shorter.

I don't imagine these are all your recipes involving chocolate, but I'm realizing I didn't order milk chocolate. I have Double, Bittersweet, and plain old Chocolate (Clear). I know your recipes are what they are for a reason, but have you worked with/found any use for plain Chocolate flavor? It's definitely closer to milk than dark/bitter, but should I assume it might not do so well, if used instead of sweet?

I'll definitely try one of your chocolate recipes with that sub to see for myself, I was just curious if you had any more sage wisdom tucked away.
You can definitely make chocolate with chocolate. Just use the recommended ingredients until you find the mix. Chocolate, cream, vanilla, sweetener, butter combined will make a good chocolate for sure. Do the 100DT test like I outlined until you find perfection, because it IS there, believe me! :D If you have any trouble let me know and I'll help. Best! :D

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Well, call me crazy, but I use the M-Type Premium with 2% Cotton Candy and that is all. 0.4% is my level of MPremium. Nice throat hit. Tastes like an analog to me. I vape it sparingly on and off all day.

So... 0.4% for me.

Tim
If i would have tried it at a low % like that,i would possibly still have it.It was one of the very first flavors i bought,and when i searched for starting points on the flavors i had,i seen several different places that said 2% was where it was best at,haha yeah right,i don't know who came up with that,but at 2% it tasted like i was chewing on a cigarette with a bit of black licorice mixed into it haha.That is the one and only flavor i have ever bought,that after 1 test batch was never persued in further testing,it was that bad to me.Although,now that i am really getting back into tobacco flavors,i may poosibly get another small bottle just to keep on hand for just in case i ever get brave enough to try it as an additive.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Bill question:

Somewhere along the line I thought that you felt flavoring should be close to 30%. With most of these candy bars the flavor is about 20%. Are these older recipes or am i mistaken?

Thanks
SP
All of my recipes fall in the 20 - 30% flavoring percentages. Not long ago, most everyone was talking about 15 - 20% flavorings as being the maximum. It was said that the juices would go chemical, floral, or spicy. Complex recipes can easily go to 20 - 30% or more. I limit it to 30% as I use PG flavorings and want to keep my PG/Vg ratio at about 30/70. I have used flavoring in recipes as high as 46%, and it was delicious, and expensive! :D

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Well, call me crazy, but I use the M-Type Premium with 2% Cotton Candy and that is all. 0.4% is my level of MPremium. Nice throat hit. Tastes like an analog to me. I Vape it sparingly on and off all day.

So... 0.4% for me.

Tim

Not crazy at all. I was saying that the maximum that I have used M type was 1%, and that less is often better in many recipes, and suggested starting at .1% and adjust to taste, up or down. Your .4% is certainly in that lower flavoring range. :D

Last edited:

xcrazydx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
United States
I kept falling at making a good base so I decided to try using the cinnamon danish again but complimenting it where it lacked certain things to be a cheese danish.

And also added and took away a couple things thanks to renilyn.

This is pretty close to what I want it to be.

Cinnamon Danish 5%
Vanilla custard 4%
Sweet cream 2%
Brown sugar extra 2%
Butter 1%
Cream cheese icing 1%

I always make a 50/50 blend
I use a reo with an Odin
Dual coil @.4 ohms
About 40 watts typical

Just throwing that out in case you wanna adjust the percentages to suit your devices better

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
i organized all my stuff and proceeded to make Bill's "fire and ice". What a success!
So what did you think of it?I first mixed this one up a week or back,and it has became my adv,i've went through almost 35ml of it so far.It's funny,i have been mixing up alot of recipes over the last several months trying to find something that really kept me satisfied,and while alot of them have been very good,not really something that i wanted to vape all day,then Bill posted this one up.Ever since i first tried it,i have not mixed anything else,don't really have the time here lately anyway,but even if i did,really no reason at the moment,as his fire and ice hits that spot i've been trying to fill haha,other than a few tobacco flavors a few times a day,this has been the one for me.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
adding one drop of M-Type per 5 ml of any tobacco mixture will give your tobacco juice a more real analog smell and taste.
Depending on drop size, this equates to something between .5-1.0% percent on most droppers, or the same range we have been discussing. :D

:2cool:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I think I ordered too much stuff at once and i got a bit overwhelmed. I got all of bills suggested glassware plus syringes and bottles and other glass, 48 flavors some in 4oz and some in 15ml sizes plus 2L nic and 500ml of vg and 500 of pg. I'm a tiny bit obsessive when i start a new project or hobby ;) BUT Thanx to all in this thread, but especially Bill, i organized all my stuff and proceeded to make Bill's "fire and ice". What a success! That was so much fun even just making the 100 drop was just exciting and now I'm feeling more OK with the overload of stuff!

Thank you all!

So glad you liked the Fire and Ice! :toast:

So what did you think of it?I first mixed this one up a week or back,and it has became my adv,i've went through almost 35ml of it so far.It's funny,i have been mixing up alot of recipes over the last several months trying to find something that really kept me satisfied,and while alot of them have been very good,not really something that i wanted to vape all day,then Bill posted this one up.Ever since i first tried it,i have not mixed anything else,don't really have the time here lately anyway,but even if i did,really no reason at the moment,as his fire and ice hits that spot i've been trying to fill haha,other than a few tobacco flavors a few times a day,this has been the one for me.
So glad you liked it. A unique full flavored Juice. I'll put it here for another quick look for anyone that missed the original posting:

Made first one:

Fire and Ice

Cinnamon - 7%
Bavarian Cream - 4%
Cotton Candy - 4%
Vanilla Swirl - 3%
Koolada - 2%
Menthol - 2%

Well, that's an experience. Fire AND Ice for sure. Not normally a menthol person, but with the huge amount of cinnamon (usually less than 1%), this one is a hit. Even the missus liked it.....and I liked it too. As usual, my creams, vanillas and cotton candy came through for me adding a richness and deep texture that wasn't there on the mixes without them. This one is ready for prime time out of the can. May be awful after steeping, so we shall see. So, ONE...

I've noticed where you've mentioned this as an ADV for at least three postings, so I guess you're a believer. :D

I may have to go back and revisit this. I have 30 mls of this somewhere! :evil:

Edit:

And here's the Fireball Recipe:

Fireball

FW Fireball - 4%
Cinnamon Red Hots - 4%
Bavarian Cream - 4%
Vanilla Swirl - 4%
Sweetener - 4%

Keep the bottled water nearby. :evil:

:2cool: :vapor:

Last edited:

jimstratus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calhoun,GA,USA
Did 200DT Western 5% AP .5% M .5% out of the can all I could taste was the M. After about 4 hours it all melded nicely but moved the sweet taste using the same scale reference from <1 to maybe 1. Overall I would say closest I have tasted to what I remember a cigarette being and slightly harsh. Will definitely remember this one for future. Thinking next test will be Western 6% AP .5% M .25%. Thoughts? Opinions?

Also did one with same percentages with the addition of Red Type @ 5% Vapable but added a mainly "minty" maybe a "mentholish" note that I personally am not looking for so it will get set aside for these tests.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jimstratus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calhoun,GA,USA
Bill when you get time could you expand on the saline solution. Is it bought premix? Just dissolve table salt to say 10% in PG? Suggested starting %? Etc.... My first thought was saline but since learning flavors is step 1 is the reason I asked if there was a (TFA) flavor that would give me the result but I recently got a Margarita blend from OnestopDIYshop and though quit good I believe it would benefit from a little "salteness".

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Bill when you get time could you expand on the saline solution. Is it bought premix? Just dissolve table salt to say 10% in PG? Suggested starting %? Etc.... My first thought was saline but since learning flavors is step 1 is the reason I asked if there was a (TFA) flavor that would give me the result but I recently got a Margarita blend from OnestopDIYshop and though quit good I believe it would benefit from a little "salteness".

This is more a question for Slots. A recent post:

I see where Bill has made lots of good suggestion, but I might also add:
Have you tried a couple drops of .09 saline ??
It takes the bitterness out, adds a "moisture" feel, and blends the flavors.
It also makes some of the fruits "pop", and brings out chocolate.

Think about how sprinkling salt on your grapefruit (real one) cuts the bitterness, and makes it sweet.
It's totally save, and it's used in inhalers.
I buy it in the RX dept. It's a spray and is used to flush and clean wounds.
Make sure it isn't one with added ingredients ... just straight .09% saline.
NOT the nasal spray ... the wound spray.
I put the nozzle in the top of a 30ml bottle and push the button, It's fills the bottle without making a mess.

I don't use it much, but I find it really handy in chocolate, and some fruit recipes.
I defiantly use it to take "sharp" notes out when I run into them.
I just add a drop or two directly into the tank if I think it will help.
Just another idea for you.

Hi Bill, long time no talk too ... you have REALLY progressed in the juice dept .. good to run into you again ... I'll hang out here for a while.

Saline makes perfect sense to me to "neutralize" certain flavorings. It's hard to predict how saline will react in a mix sometimes. Others have indicated that saline may react with flavorings other than what we intend, and this can give mixed results. I don't have a lot of experience in this area. Sorry! :ohmy: :D :toast:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Did 200DT Western 5% AP .5% M .5% out of the can all I could taste was the M. After about 4 hours it all melded nicely but moved the sweet taste using the same scale reference from <1 to maybe 1. Overall I would say closest I have tasted to what I remember a cigarette being and slightly harsh. Will definitely remember this one for future. Thinking next test will be Western 6% AP .5% M .25%. Thoughts? Opinions?

Also did one with same percentages with the addition of Red Type @ 5% Vapable but added a mainly "minty" maybe a "mentholish" note that I personally am not looking for so it will get set aside for these tests.

Sounds like you're closing in on it! :toast:

Not much of a tobacco vaper any longer, and I've only made one tobacco eJuice in the last year, so I can't help to much here, but I wanted to respond to your request for thoughts/suggestions. :D

Tobaccos don't taste right to me any longer, so I have a really hard time making them, so not much help, but I do wish you a Bon Voyage! :toast:

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
I spent all day with Ren's Danish dough yesterday-so yummy, so rich, so lovely, even on it's own it was really nice! For me, it's coming across like a rich pastry flavoring that you'd find in a "premium" juice mix, the butter note comes through so nicely and really adds that something, sort of reminds me of croissant-that's what I am getting from it at least, and I'm not getting much of the maple syrup from the Belg. waffle-I think the other flavors she used toned that down, it's there but very faint/mild. I tried mine this am-1/2 tank, dumped because mine was just too sweet for me even without sweetener(I am thinking frosted donut is quite the sweet flavor for sure!), changed things/%'s, mixed, will try again and see if changes improve things, if not, then i'll have to add some fruit to Ren's and see what that does since I really enjoyed her rendition...mixing at 40pg/60vg, 3 mg nic, using a kfl+ clone...only reason not trying my 3rd version yet is because I'm testing a papaya "snake series" blend out that I mixed yesterday, once tank finished, back to Danish.

p.s. edited to add-this idea has been amazing and a LOT of fun and a LOT of learning!

Last edited:

MonicaRae

ECF Veteran
So I know I don't have much to add but I figured I'd just post to let you guys know that I'm a hot mess when it comes to mixing.

I have all the flavors one could pretty much want (thank you Bill) & some others I was interested in as well. BUT I did not buy any syringes or pipettes. Onestop was nice enough to include 2 pipettes - one small and one large. Wizard labs was great enough to include a 3ml syringe. I also did not buy any empty bottles. Ei yi yi.

So I just sat down to make the snake oil clone recipe. Mind you guys I absolutely luv this juice & have wanted to clone it for months. In my order did I buy the right coconut? No. I bought coconut candy....grrrr.
So I'm going by this:
Bavarian Cream 10%
Coconut 2%
Pear 6%
Cotton Candy 2%

I figured oh well coconut candy? Let's give it a shot. Now I didn't want to do drops so I tried my best with the syringe I had. Needless to say .1ml of coconut ended up oh about .3 maybe even .4 of coconut. I thought all was lost or I would have to play the double everything game but no?
It's actually pretty darn good! Reminds me very much of the real thing although obviously not exact. Needless to say phew.... And I need me some supplies!

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I've noticed where you've mentioned this as an ADV for at least three postings, so I guess you're a believer. :D

I may have to go back and revisit this. I have 30 mls of this somewhere! :evil:

Edit:

And here's the Fireball Recipe:

Fireball

FW Fireball - 4%
Cinnamon Red Hots - 4%
Bavarian Cream - 4%
Vanilla Swirl - 4%
Sweetener - 4%

Keep the bottled water nearby. :evil:

Yeah,if you haven't tried it in a while,i think it will surprise you how it changes.It gets very creamy tasting after a few days.Like i mentioned before,i can't detect the menthol in it at all,but i think it helps keep the cinnamon in check haha.I need to correct myself too,i am on my 2nd 30ml bottle which is 2/3 of the way gone,so i would say i've went through close to 60ml of this so far between my 5ml sample,the first 30ml,and about 20ml of this one.What can i say,it works haha,i love the taste of it,but i think what is really keeping me drawn to it is the throat hit,it sort of reminds me of smoking in a way.I've been making it at 50/50 and to top it off,i got brave and have been vaping it on .5 ohm coils haha,so yeah it's got some throat hit.
This fireball sounds good,but i dont think my pain threshold would hold up to that one haha,i'll just stick with the fire & ice and be a happy camper,only problrm is i have a whole page of recipes waiting to be made,but just don't feel the need for anything else right now,guess i may have to force myself this weekend haha.

renilyn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Sounds amazing! Please let us know how this turns out! :toast:

Ok....This isn't "bad", but there is something missing. I added 2% Pie Crust this morning and just tested it. I think it's better. Tomorrow I will start on a "filling". I haven't made any fruit anything (IMO) ever that tastes good.... so this is going to be interesting. I'm hoping for a peach, but a kind of cream cheese or cream filled is definitely something I may try for as well!

*catching up catching up catching up* (It's been a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG few days around here :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread