Status
Not open for further replies.

Friscoweather

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
Texas
Actually I started these with the 100DT. Then checked the forums for a starting point that others were using. I wouldn't have believed my DT results if I hadn't seen others using 15%. They do get really good with a little heat & a long steep. But that is true for creamy, custardy, or tobacco flavoring. Fruits & most beverages are more shake n vape. Just the heat these are getting in my tank is changing them as I vape.
I definitely agree with tobacco taking some time. I don't do tobacco, but everything I've read points to longer steep times.

Now, creams and custards, I make a ton of them. Creams, to me, are almost always a shake and vape. If I go with a 75% vg mix it might take a couple of days to fully develop. Custards take about 3 days max for me.
Also, believe it or not, all I do is shake the bottles a few times. I don't use ultrasonic, Crock-Pot's, or electronic stirrers.
Sometimes, people really over complicate the whole juice making process.
I learned a ton from Bill's Magic Vapor. He left this thread after sharing his heart and soul and then got crapped on.
Bill taught me how to make good to great juice every freaking time.
For everyone that's interested, check out his blog. He sure helped me get past all of the bull.....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I think it was. It runs in my mind I could see part if a car avatar in the original screenshot I took before I cropped it down. I'll be vaping it by the end of next week! :)
I'm not sure exactly how long of a steep it needs,i let it sit a week before i tried it,but it was great then.I have a small amount left that has steeped for close to 3 weeks,so i'm curious to see how it changed in that time.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I definitely agree with tobacco taking some time. I don't do tobacco, but everything I've read points to longer steep times.

Now, creams and custards, I make a ton of them. Creams, to me, are almost always a shake and vape. If I go with a 75% vg mix it might take a couple of days to fully develop. Custards take about 3 days max for me.
Also, believe it or not, all I do is shake the bottles a few times. I don't use ultrasonic, Crock-Pot's, or electronic stirrers.
I learned a ton from Bill's Magic Vapor. He left this thread after sharing his heart and soul and then got crapped on.
For everyone that's interested, check out his blog. He sure helped me get past all of the bull.....

Bill still shows up. He was here a lot not that long ago.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.

Super heavy percentage mixes are ONE way to mix. Nothing wrong with them and one or two of my mixes are in the low 20% but only a couple. I have taken to using less and less flavoring and find them, for the most part, more enjoyable. What I have discovered is that I can take a lot of these heavy mixes and cut them as much as a half, give it a week and they are delicious . Since I like the taste of the "bads" I think the less of them I use the better. I find lower percentage mixes improve with a little time while high percentage mixes tend to become muddled after a little time.

Friscoweather

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
Texas
Super heavy percentage mixes are ONE way to mix. Nothing wrong with them and one or two of my mixes are in the low 20% but only a couple. I have taken to using less and less flavoring and find them, for the most part, more enjoyable. What I have discovered is that I can take a lot of these heavy mixes and cut them as much as a half, give it a week and they are delicious . Since I like the taste of the "bads" I think the less of them I use the better. I find lower percentage mixes improve with a little time while high percentage mixes tend to become muddled after a little time.
You make a valid point. I usually mix up to 30% but I really don't think there is any specific rules, except from some self-proclaimed "experts". I say, try the 100dt and go for whatever tastes good.
I make my adv at 30% in 500ml batches. I don't know about becoming muddled because I go through it pretty fast.
I'm open-minded, so I'll give your suggestion a shot. I do vape a lot of the "bads" ...lol

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA
citric acid powder mixed with PG at 20% solution, then 1 drop only per bottle of juice, or about .17% with my droppers of a 20% solution, or .03% overall, so.....not much, but enough to do the job.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Bill still shows up. He was here a lot not that long ago.
Yeah,back around January or February he said he wouldn't be here much this year due to a heavy work load,but would pop in as he can.He's been around a few times,but not much.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Have you tried that with the Tribeca clone?
I've been debating trying it with that juice,It has been my adv for at least 4 months now,and it's starting to seem a bit heavy to me,i think maybe i'm just finally getting burnt out on it,but i have been thinking of taking maybe 5ml of what i already have made,and mixing it with 5ml of unflavored base,then letting it sit for a day or so to see if maybe that will get me back in the groove with that juice haha.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
What's the profile of Tribeca? I've been vaping my mother's milk clone adv for a couple of years now and it's finally starting to get tiring.

It's ry4 based,with graham cracker and ap,to me,it has a nice nutty type of taste probably due to the ap.By far one of the best juices i've had,but then again almost every juice that i really like has been ry4 based.

osso1

Apr 7, 2013
Augusta,GA
It's ry4 based,with graham cracker and ap,to me,it has a nice nutty type of taste probably due to the ap.By far one of the best juices i've had,but then again almost every juice that i really like has been ry4 based.

Can you post the recipe

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Can you post the recipe
There are a few different versions,but here is the one i have been making for several months.

12.5% Ry4 double
2.5% graham cracker
2% a.p.
3% em(10% solution) or cotton candy flavor is the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread