Looks Sweet under a Goblin Mini.

Reactions: personalvoid

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So, tried 2.5mm 8 wraps of N80, but resistance came out a little lower than I wanted @ 0.3 ohms. Threw in the same build with kanthal at 0.5 ohms, and found out again why I switched to nichrome - kanthal tastes funny and doesn't heat as evenly.

So, 9 wraps N80. We'll see how this goes.
003692b4b608eed454c9f287f84acc78.jpg

That is a Nice Looking Build.

BagrX2

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2015
Those of you who own one, how do you like it? How does it perform in the flavor department? I'm looking for a RDTA that comes closes to an RDA, in terms of flavor.
It's a ok tank. Check out the aromamizer rdta thread if you want something closer to a rda. I'm thinking of picking up one of those when the release the new deck that is 2 post velocity style.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
I run Mine mostly in Single Coil Mode.

And the Flavor is Very Good.

It's a ok tank. Check out the aromamizer rdta thread if you want something closer to a rda. I'm thinking of picking up one of those when the release the new deck that is 2 post velocity style.

Thanks, Gentlemen. I'll have to check out the Aromamizer. Although, I would prefer something as small as the Goblin Mini.

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
The biggest issue you'll run in to is build space. Couple posts back I put a pic of the build I have in, dual 2.5mm 26 gauge nichrome80 9 wraps at 0.4 ohms. I think that's about as big as you can go, there's very little clearance between the coils and the barrel section. As far as I can tell, this is about as much wire as can be fit in. Just rewicked, and found that one of my coils was making contact with the barrel, just enough that it wasn't firing evenly. I had dropped it, so that's probably when it made contact.

Flavor is on point with an RDA, no doubt. Chamber size is tiny, and with the included drip tip, vapor doesn't travel very far. It feels like I'm vaping on a dripper, since it's so small.

Not quite as airy as RDAs when wide open, but airflow is sufficient. More open than my Lemo 2.

With the wide juice channels, high VG juice (~80 VG) wicks with no problem. No dry hits. Overall, it's not hard to wick. I trim my cotton (native wicks cotton) about even with the edge of the deck and just cover the juice channels.

This tank is tiny. It's just slightly taller than some RDAs. Filling is a bit of a pain. Bottom filling is always a pain, since you have to remove the atty, and that little screw tends to go jumping (don't forget to carry a mini screwdriver). I've been refilling a few times per day.

Overall, there are a lot of limitations, but for me, the vape is worth it. With a good build, flavor is excellent, and vapor production is high. You could get more vapor from a bigger build on an RDA, but there isn't enough room for it here.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

personalvoid

Jul 19, 2015
It has been my preferred vaping device for this week. Temp control hana couldn't keep up, but heat and vapour density for my dc build is very good.

I did dual coil 2mm inner diameter.

Oh flavour is really nice, no drinking like with the subtank. I found this is mainly because the coils are off centered in spite of being in line with the airhole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheRac25

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
The tax farm known as USA.
Those of you who own one, how do you like it? How does it perform in the flavor department? I'm looking for a RDTA that comes closes to an RDA, in terms of flavor.

comparing to a magma, the flavor is not as in your face but the background notes such as creams come forward more

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Well gosh darn - I gotta order this when the missus isn't looking...
The build deck - is it comparable in size with the full size goblin or the zephyrus - I can usually build a dual coil 2.4mm 26 gauge kanthal in those rta's...

Vape safe

Tonyc

I believe that the Deck on the Mini is the Exact Same Size as on the Regular Goblin.

I think I tried Screwing the Chimney from my Regular Goblin onto my Mini and it fit Same-Same.

Reactions: Afcarmona

BagrX2

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2015
New build. 3mm ID 8 wraps of 26 gauge kanthal.

As can be seen it is a very tight fit.

Wicing the thing was a pain and I have no clue yet if it will leak.

It appears to be wicking ok from 30-40 watts.

The airflow is pretty tight with that large coil and wic in there.

Flavor isn't that great, but the build I had before wast either, maybe I'm spoiled after using the mutation v4 and the sapor a lot in the past week.

Overall, I don't know. I'll keep using this setup for a few days and see what I think. Next build will be a 2.5 mm twisted 26 build.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    770.2 KB · Views: 256
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    737.1 KB · Views: 220
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    735.7 KB · Views: 246
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg