The Lurker Thread

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Good morning lurkers :wub:

Dale, I’m sure it was quite the sight to see :lol: ooof, I’m sorry about work and your boss.

Hiya, R1 :) Was thinking about you the other day, wondering how you were. Glad you’re all set up now. Hope things are well.

Sorry you have to head out Joey :unsure:
Hope the roads aren’t too bad. I’m with you, would love Dale’s temps just not the tornadoes.

Lori, I’m definitely over winter too and we’ve been really fortunate so far. It feels like it’s Nov-May around here. Can’t wait to retire and move south, or at least become a snow bird and go south for the winter. :laugh:

Prepping for our winter storm. DH is at the store and gassing up the vehicles. Not too bad right now. They are most concerned with the wind and windchill. Got all my stuff to make chili tomorrow. Can’t wait. :drool:

Hope you’re all having a nice Saturday.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA

Dale, I’m sure it was quite the sight to see :lol: ooof, I’m sorry about work and your boss.

Hiya, R1 :) Was thinking about you the other day, wondering how you were. Glad you’re all set up now. Hope things are well.

Sorry you have to head out Joey :unsure:
    Hope the roads aren’t too bad. I’m with you, would love Dale’s temps just not the tornadoes.

Lori, I’m definitely over winter too and we’ve been really fortunate so far. It feels like it’s Nov-May around here. Can’t wait to retire and move south, or at least become a snow bird and go south for the winter. :laugh:

Prepping for our winter storm. DH is at the store and gassing up the vehicles. Not too bad right now. They are most concerned with the wind and windchill. Got all my stuff to make chili tomorrow. Can’t wait. :drool:

Hope you’re all having a nice Saturday.
    Good morning Sara :wub:

Perfect time for chili :thumb: Y’all stay safe and warm, I had to hurry to the store this morning in case we start freezing.

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014

Perfect time for chili :thumb: Y’all stay safe and warm, I had to hurry to the store this morning in case we start freezing.
    You too! Sounds like you’re all set for the weekend then. :)

DH said the side roads were slippery, but main roads were good. I haven’t seen a plow go by yet but I’m ok with that as long as the main ones are passable. I know they work hard at what they do. We have a soccer game at 4 :rolleyes: was really hoping they’d cancel it. Mostly just so I don’t have to leave the house :lol: but that doesn’t seem likely at this point. At least *I* don’t have to drive. Bwahaha

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    You too! Sounds like you’re all set for the weekend then. :)

DH said the side roads were slippery, but main roads were good. I haven’t seen a plow go by yet but I’m ok with that as long as the main ones are passable. I know they work hard at what they do. We have a soccer game at 4 :rolleyes: was really hoping they’d cancel it. Mostly just so I don’t have to leave the house :lol: but that doesn’t seem likely at this point. At least *I* don’t have to drive. Bwahaha
    Soccer!? Hope it’s some sort of indoor soccer :eek:

33 and extremely windy ... I’ve been napping :sleep:

• Agree
    Reactions: KC0YNU

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    McPherson, Kansas
    Greetings Lurkers
    images

am staying inside where it is warm and dry for the weekend!

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    well I got a day off finally....work was cancelled today due to the weather... I'm happy
    I had to literally break into my van, using my keys to chip away the ice around the door so it would finally open...
    came back inside to 3 missed calls and 2 texts that they cancelled work
    my office is an hour drive south and it's not as bad down there as it is here, it's been hailing all morning and afternoon....but it had just started to get bad down where they are
    I was not looking forward to driving in this .... and then having to be the driver for work to go to the store we were auditing...
    lol and i'm thankful for a day off, as i'm scheduled every day for the next 2 weeks
    let's see if this works, it wouldn't let me upload it, not sure if it'll embed it

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    well I got a day off finally....work was cancelled today due to the weather... I'm happy
    I had to literally break into my van, using my keys to chip away the ice around the door so it would finally open...
    came back inside to 3 missed calls and 2 texts that they cancelled work
    my office is an hour drive south and it's not as bad down there as it is here, it's been hailing all morning and afternoon....but it had just started to get bad down where they are
    I was not looking forward to driving in this .... and then having to be the driver for work to go to the store we were auditing...
    lol and i'm thankful for a day off, as i'm scheduled every day for the next 2 weeks
    let's see if this works, it wouldn't let me upload it, not sure if it'll embed it

Oh gosh Shadav! Glad you didn’t have to go in too! :ohmy:

Can’t see your media :(

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Good evening lurkers :wub:

Not too bad out there. They are saying the worst is yet to come.

Lol, yep, soccer is indoor Winter Session. Keeps the kids playing soccer during the cold months in preparation for the actual season and tournaments. This session is only a half hr away vs last session which was close to an hr away. Woot!!

Napping sounds really nice, Dale. Hope it doesn’t interfere with you getting a good night sleep tonight.

KC, very nice that you were off today. I agree, stay inside where it’s warm.

Shad, so glad you didn’t have to go in. Sorry about all your ice though. I hate driving in the winter. Yuck.

Off to play scattergories with Kiddo. Enjoy the rest of your evening all. :)

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good evening lurkers :wub:

Not too bad out there. They are saying the worst is yet to come.

Lol, yep, soccer is indoor Winter Session. Keeps the kids playing soccer during the cold months in preparation for the actual season and tournaments. This session is only a half hr away vs last session which was close to an hr away. Woot!!

Napping sounds really nice, Dale. Hope it doesn’t interfere with you getting a good night sleep tonight.

KC, very nice that you were off today. I agree, stay inside where it’s warm.

Shad, so glad you didn’t have to go in. Sorry about all your ice though. I hate driving in the winter. Yuck.

Off to play scattergories with Kiddo. Enjoy the rest of your evening all. :)
    Very cold here now, I’m about ready to crawl under the covers despite my nap ;)

Have fun and don’t get beat too bad :laugh:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA

We’ve got about a foot of snow out there this morning. The winds are supposed to pick up and there is a windchill warning. Blerg!

Only 58 days until Spring :lol::lol::lol:

Hope you all have a nice, relaxing Sunday!!
    Stay inside warm if you can!

JoeyC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    In your nightmares

We’ve got about a foot of snow out there this morning. The winds are supposed to pick up and there is a windchill warning. Blerg!

Only 58 days until Spring :lol::lol::lol:

Hope you all have a nice, relaxing Sunday!!

Good morning Sara :)

Snow stopped here we got about 5” yuck lol brutal cold out today 2f with a wind chill of -6 have I mentioned I hate winter :censored: lol

Good morning Dale :)

That egg omelette looks really tasty :drool::drool:

I have to go outside to get my haircut ughh not looking forward to the wind hitting my face at -6f, I need more coffee lol

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good morning Sara :)

Snow stopped here we got about 5” yuck lol brutal cold out today 2f with a wind chill of -6 have I mentioned I hate winter :censored: lol

Good morning Dale :)

That egg omelette looks really tasty :drool::drool:

I have to go outside to get my haircut ughh not looking forward to thewind hitting my face at -6f, I need more coffee lol
    Good morning Joey :wub:

Oh! Can the haircut not wait? :( Bundle up.

JoeyC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    In your nightmares
    Good morning Joey :wub:

Oh! Can the haircut not wait? :( Bundle up.

No it is too long for me, I get buzz cuts so when hair grows longer it needs to be trimmed or get another buzz lol I wear a hairnet at work so I dont like my hair long anymore. If I ever retire I will let it grow out again lol

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    No it is too long for me, I get buzz cuts so when hair grows longer it needs to be trimmed or get another buzz lol I wear a hairnet at work so I dont like my hair long anymore. If I ever retire I will let it grow out again lol
    Yeah I feel the same way about the hair net thing. Since my hair dresser retired mine has gotten too long but I’m not going to worry about it until Spring. Hair looks like crap when I’m done working regardless :rolleyes:

JoeyC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    In your nightmares
    Yeah I feel the same way about the hair net thing. Since my hair dresser retired mine has gotten too long but I’m not going to worry about it until Spring. Hair looks like crap when I’m done working regardless :rolleyes:

Part of the reason I get my buzz cuts, not much hair left to mess up :lol::lol: Finding a good hair stylist is hard to do, me getting more antisocial as I get older ughh all they want do is talk, just cut my hair damn it :rolleyes::lol::lol:

• Agree
    Reactions: daleron

Users who are viewing this thread