The Lurker Thread

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Good morning Dale :wub:

Today is the day of my challenge. Can’t remember if I told y’all. Long story short. Dh is notorious for having low gas. To the point where the car annoyingly reminds him. We tease him all the time. Couple weeks ago he and I left to get groceries and it started dinging. He’s pulls into Horton’s to get his coffee, I said you’re getting coffee before gas?!?!?!?!? If we run out in the drive thru (always a long line) I’m gonna beat you to death (kidding of course) He said you can just run across the street with the gas can. I said no, actually I will get out of this car and walk home. He said you can’t possibly do that, that’s too far. We jokingly bickered about my abilities and I said challenge accepted. So today is the day!

It’s a 3.1 mile hike according to google and should take me about 1 1/2 hours to get home. This will be the longest walk I’ve done since I was a teen but I am determined to prove him wrong :lol:

Oh and we made it to the gas station that morning thank goodness for his sake ;)

Hope you all have a blessed day and if you don’t hear back from me all day…..I’m still walking :lol::lol::lol:

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
:banana:I made it!!!:banana: It took me 1 hour and 1 min :thumbs: I feel pretty good and I'm so proud of myself. I was getting nervous as we were driving over. He's such a sweetheart, he drove past me twice at different times and then when I was in the homestretch, he met me, and we finished the walk together.

Now I'm fed, showered and ready for a nap :lol:

JoeyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
In your nightmares
Good morning Dale, Sara and lurkers :wub:

Good morning Dale :wub:

Today is the day of my challenge. Can’t remember if I told y’all. Long story short. Dh is notorious for having low gas. To the point where the car annoyingly reminds him. We tease him all the time. Couple weeks ago he and I left to get groceries and it started dinging. He’s pulls into Horton’s to get his coffee, I said you’re getting coffee before gas?!?!?!?!? If we run out in the drive thru (always a long line) I’m gonna beat you to death (kidding of course) He said you can just run across the street with the gas can. I said no, actually I will get out of this car and walk home. He said you can’t possibly do that, that’s too far. We jokingly bickered about my abilities and I said challenge accepted. So today is the day!

It’s a 3.1 mile hike according to google and should take me about 1 1/2 hours to get home. This will be the longest walk I’ve done since I was a teen but I am determined to prove him wrong :lol:

Oh and we made it to the gas station that morning thank goodness for his sake ;)

Hope you all have a blessed day and if you don’t hear back from me all day…..I’m still walking :lol::lol::lol:
Running below a 1/4 tank is not good, a few things come to mind that are costly. Just my :2c:

1. Fuel pumps are inside the fuel tanks they need to be kept cool by being submerged in gas. Replacing fuel pumps has gotten to be very expensive now, around $500.

2. Running you car/truck to low on gas constantly will pump the sediment that settled to the bottom of the tank into the fuel injectors. Another very costly repair that could be a couple of thousand.

3. Never buy gas when the station is getting a load of gas pump into the ground,all the dirt at the bottom of those tanks will get flushed off the bottom and into your gas tank.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    :banana:I made it!!!:banana: It took me 1 hour and 1 min :thumbs: I feel pretty good and I'm so proud of myself. I was getting nervous as we were driving over. He's such a sweetheart, he drove past me twice at different times and then when I was in the homestretch, he met me, and we finished the walk together.

Now I'm fed, showered and ready for a nap :lol:
    Wow good going Sara! :thumbs: :thumbs:

We’re washing bedding and curtains … yeah it’s taking both of us :lol:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good morning Dale, Sara and lurkers :wub:

Running below a 1/4 tank is not good, a few things come to mind that are costly. Just my :2c:

1. Fuel pumps are inside the fuel tanks they need to be kept cool by being submerged in gas. Replacing fuel pumps has gotten to be very expensive now, around $500.

2. Running you car/truck to low on gas constantly will pump the sediment that settled to the bottom of the tank into the fuel injectors. Another very costly repair that could be a couple of thousand.

3. Never buy gas when the station is getting a load of gas pump into the ground,all the dirt at the bottom of those tanks will get flushed off the bottom and into your gas tank.
    Good morning Joey :wub:
    I have to agree with you 100% on all of that and I used to work at a gas station, was my first job in fact.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I will tell him. Thank you both :) Me on the other hand, rarely let it get below 1/2 tank. We definitely do not get it when they are filling tanks.
    That’s me, if it drops below half I get itchy :laugh:
    Got hungry so we had an early supper, I had a pork chop and salad, DH had salmon and beets.

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Good morning Joey and Dale :wub:
    IMG_2579.jpeg
    IMG_2578.jpeg
    IMG_2577.png
    IMG_2580.jpeg

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Whelp. We’ve been busy this morning. Seems like all the rain has brought the furry friends in and they’ve feasted quite nicely in our pantry :facepalm:

But I’ll take the good with the bad, we’ve set up one of those storage shelves and have reorganized, put their favorites in totes. Extra room in the pantry now :lol: I know they can chew through plastic but hopefully this discourages them or at least makes it harder for them to party on our dime :laugh:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Whelp. We’ve been busy this morning. Seems like all the rain has brought the furry friends in and they’ve feasted quite nicely in our pantry :facepalm:

But I’ll take the good with the bad, we’ve set up one of those storage shelves and have reorganized, put their favorites in totes. Extra room in the pantry now :lol: I know they can chew through plastic but hopefully this discourages them or at least makes it harder for them to party on our dime :laugh:
    Oh dear that’s so annoying :facepalm:

We’ve had sunshine for the first time in over a week.

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Definitely annoying, Dale.

Glad the sun came out for you. Hopefully the heat didn’t follow. It’s trying so hard to peek through the clouds here. Lol

We ordered a pizza. I had put a roast in the crockpot but didn’t feel like making sides. Even instant/quick ones. So we decided we’ll do that tomorrow for dinner.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the evening. Time to put my feet up.

Hiya, Rat2, when you get here. Hope all is well with you. We’ve missed ya!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    Dale, I am so sorry for your loss even though I know it is a blessing his suffering is over. This makes it so difficult for me to explain where I have been the past week and I am sorry to have to tell y'all. I am not even sure that I should now.

Oh well, you are in my thoughts Dale.
    Praying.gif

Users who are viewing this thread