The Lurker Thread

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Hope we both sleep better tonight, Dale :nun:

Looking forward to the weekend that's for sure.

Breakfast for dinner. Breakfast sandwiches on bagels for the boys, wrap for me with bacon and fruit.
    Hopefully! I’ve already fallen asleep once in the chair this evening, of course Paco didn’t allow me to enjoy it.

We had Chinese.

Good night Sara :wub: And lurkers :)

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Good morning :)

Lol they sure know how to interrupt your slumber, Lucy is the same.

Bet whatever you make will be delicious, Joey.

I’m having dinner with a former coworker tonight. Haven’t seen her in awhile. Also picking up my “memory” bear from her. She has a friend who makes bears out of loved ones clothing. I had two shirts that were my dad’s hanging around and decided to do that with them. I’m going to give it to my brother for Christmas. It’s been in the making for like 2 years. :thumbs: can't wait to see it.

Have a great day!

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good morning Joey and Sara :wub:

I love that idea Sara with the memory Bear. I have my dad’s old navy jacket liner that he wore all the time and want to do something similar.

We’re supposed to meet Mary at a fish restaurant near lake degray sometime today. Then we’ll go on to the gravesite to check on things and leave an arrangement. Then if it’s not too late we’ll stop in to see Elaine on our way back. She has some pictures for me.

Last edited:

JoeyC

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2014
    In your nightmares
    Good morning :)

Lol they sure know how to interrupt your slumber, Lucy is the same.

Bet whatever you make will be delicious, Joey.

I’m having dinner with a former coworker tonight. Haven’t seen her in awhile. Also picking up my “memory” bear from her. She has a friend who makes bears out of loved ones clothing. I had two shirts that were my dad’s hanging around and decided to do that with them. I’m going to give it to my brother for Christmas. It’s been in the making for like 2 years. :thumbs: can't wait to see it.

Have a great day!
    Sara can you post a picture of the bear please.

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Good evening Dale and Joey :wub:

I will definitely take a pic and post it tomorrow when I get home from work. It turned out really nice. I think he will love it. I know I do. Made me smile anyway.

Sounds like you definitely had a busy day, Dale. Hopefully you sleep good tonight.

Well, it's my bedtime. Not sure if I will be able to sleep, had coke with dinner (the beverage :lol:) Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. Sweet dreams :wub:

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    IMG_2631.jpeg here it is :wub: Hope you all had a great day!

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Unfortunately, the woman who made it has a lot on her plate right now. It took her 2 years to make that. I thought I'd never see it and would never get the shirts back. I originally asked for 2 bears. One for me and one for my brother but I'm thankful for getting one to give him.

What I would suggest, is checking with a local facebook group and seeing if someone in your area knows of anyone who makes them. As a last resort you also can find bear makers on Etsy, I say last because from what I hear, Etsy has turned into a crapshoot. I'll do some poking around and see if I can find a reputable company. I paid $60.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Unfortunately, the woman who made it has a lot on her plate right now. It took her 2 years to make that. I thought I'd never see it and would never get the shirts back. I originally asked for 2 bears. One for me and one for my brother but I'm thankful for getting one to give him.

What I would suggest, is checking with a local facebook group and seeing if someone in your area knows of anyone who makes them. As a last resort you also can find bear makers on Etsy, I say last because from what I hear, Etsy has turned into a crapshoot. I'll do some poking around and see if I can find a reputable company. I paid $60.
    Oh that doesn’t sound fair, I’m sorry your experience wasn’t a positive one :(

Good night guys :wub:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    I have returned from TN and could not have been more pleased with Ken's funeral. 10 motorcycles led him in and I know Ken would have liked that. There were around 60 people there at least. I was so glad I had called so many people on his phone's contact list. I met so many wonderful people who said they knew me because Ken had talked so much about me. That made me feel good.

I was not trying to be disrespectful but I did not sit with the family in the chair they provided. I stood over to the side and Ken biker friends came and stood with me. They told me if I ever needed anything that one of the 5 would be there for me because I was part of their family now. I really think they meant it.

I am not going to tell you that I am not sad because I am but I cannot/will not become a prisoner of this house ever again. I took myself out to the Moose Lodge tonight and everyone there must have hugged me 3 times. I was not sure how I would feel out there but since everyone was so nice I had a wonderful time. I had half a plate of Ken's friend Ahi tuna and it was delicious. Ken never would try it even though everyone told us how good it was. I can't wait until Prime Rib night again. They have such good food.

I am going to keep myself busy for a while because that is how I handle everything. I have so many thank you cards to write but I will work on it next week and get it done.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread