Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Not sure I understand the question...
"tobacco" is not just one taste. What type of seed, where it is grown, rainfall amounts/ irrigation techniques, Ambient temperature, how it is harvested, how it is cured.... a lot of variables.
Now, maybe (?) what you might be interested in would be an aromatic tobacco with a top note. Sutliif Molto Dulce has vanilla, caramel and honey and is super sweet. Sutliff Cramy Butterscotch is also sweet. Cornell & Deihl Autumn Evening has a sweet maple top note. Just about anything from Lane will start a little sweet because of the amount of Virginia tobacco (which has a high natural sugar content), and then they add vanillin Lane 1-Q, or cherry in Lane Very Cherry.
Top notes include, but are not limited to vanilla, caramel, chocolate, maple, liquor, and fruits.
When looking at pipe tobaccos (I recommend pipesandcigars.com as they have detailed information on each selection), look for Virginia and or Cavendish tobacco based flavors as they tend to be milder and sweeter. You might want to avoid Latakia, Perique and Oriental/ Turkish tobaccos in the blend as they tend to be stronger.
Pipe tobaccos are rated Mild, Mild- Medium, Medium, Medium-Full and Full. It has been my experience that Mild tobaccos become tasteless extracts. Anything Medium and above might be too strong for what you are asking for, so filter to Mild-Medium, and maybe filter to Aromatic.
I don't know if any of this answers your question, so feel free to ask some more.
Just my opinions, worth what you paid for them.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
I watched some video about chocolate flavoring. A panel of four people who select a flavor of the week (maybe it was month) and try them all and report their findings. All four came to the same conclusion: There are no real good chocolate flavorings. I had to go thru all the experimenting to come to the same conclusion.

Have you ever tried Medicine Flower? Their flavorings are pretty expensive but I hear from DIY vapers that they make a great chocolate.

Reactions: Bronze

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
Yes, no better than the cheap stuff.

That's sad to hear. I was going to try their chocolate and strawberry. The commercial chocolate eliquids I've tried taste more like a brownie. It's looking like I have to cut back on the real thing so I thought it might be nice to have a good chocolate vape.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
That's sad to hear. I was going to try their chocolate and strawberry. The commercial chocolate eliquids I've tried taste more like a brownie. It's looking like I have to cut back on the real thing so I thought it might be nice to have a good chocolate vape.
I tried both of MFs chocolates. They have a regular and a light (I believe). Very expensive (though I asked if they'd throw in a sample of the light if I bought the regular and they did). I found them to be no different than all the others at a fraction of the price. I feel your pain. I'm a chocoholic too.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
The closest thing to a chocolate NET I ever found was Temptation by Heathers Heavenly Vapes, which is now no longer available online. And I don't see myself driving nine hours to get to their B&M store.
Scotty's Honey & Chocolate produces a sweet and tasty NET flavor through cold maceration, but it is not a true chocolate flavor. I've heat extracted the same tobacco this time around, along with Russ' Fudge Cake. And I have Brigadier Alamo in cold maceration as well.
Nothing beats a try, and if I am not satisfied then at least I will know where not to look next time around.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The closest thing to a chocolate NET I ever found was Temptation by Heathers Heavenly Vapes, which is now no longer available online. And I don't see myself driving nine hours to get to their B&M store.
    Scotty's Honey & Chocolate produces a sweet and tasty NET flavor through cold maceration, but it is not a true chocolate flavor. I've heat extracted the same tobacco this time around, along with Russ' Fudge Cake. And I have Brigadier Alamo in cold maceration as well.
    Nothing beats a try, and if I am not satisfied then at least I will know where not to look next time around.
    I’m thinking a decent taste chocolate NET would be wonderful. Not going to hold my breath.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Do you have to cut back as well? I get like 2 tiny squares of chocolate a day. It's inhumane. Gimme clouds of chocolate!
    I have no chocolate in my house. I don’t even go down the chocolate aisle at the supermarket. If it’s there, I eat it. Quantity irrelevant. I know myself.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Just one a day... ;)

upload_2021-3-28_10-49-7.jpeg

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Blending - Dark Fired Kentucky Burley - Pipes and Cigars

Extracted (by @Bronze ) - Winter 0f 2020
    Mixed at 10% (30/70 w/10mg nicotine) - March 7, 2021

Probably muted a little after the long wait before mixing, but still a very earthy vape. This is a "Blending Tobacco", meaning it is a single variety used by blenders. No casing or top note, simply a Kentucky Burley that was cured over smoldering fires to add a certain smokiness.
    There is no sweetness like a Virginia of a Cavendish, no spiciness as found in Perique, no cigarette taste found in Orientals. This is an earthy Burley, the fire curing gives it a smokiness without being overly bitter. Advertised a s a medium body tobacco, I find this to be a mild- medium vape. It does well enough standing on it's own, and I could see that as a strait tobacco vape, but would probably be a welcome addition to Orlik Golden Sliced, or any other Virginia or VaPer. It does have a certain musky yet tasty quality to it. The curing process seems to have brought out the best in the leaf. Slightly nutty, but mostly earthy and hearty.

CAAB

ECF Veteran
    Feb 9, 2019
    New York
    What starting tobacco materials have the least amount of raw tobacco taste when vaped after extraction/filtering?

Not sure I understand, but I find that Virginia and Oriental tobaccos on their own have the most plant like taste. Kentucky, Burley, Latakia, and cigar leaves on the other hand have less of a plant like taste to me. Although that is a subjective term, as they all taste like plants I suppose, considering that they are.

Blended pipe tobaccos especially with a Latakia or dark fired component seem to be more robust to me, as well as whole cigar extracts. Closer to what you might experience if smoking, but not quite.

That's my personal take anyway.

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Not sure I understand, but I find that Virginia and Oriental tobaccos on their own have the most plant like taste. Kentucky, Burley, Latakia, and cigar leaves on the other hand have less of a plant like taste to me. Although that is a subjective term, as they all taste like plants I suppose, considering that they are.

Blended pipe tobaccos especially with a Latakia or dark fired component seem to be more robust to me, as well as whole cigar extracts. Closer to what you might experience if smoking, but not quite.

That's my personal take anyway.

I've been chatting with @plumeguy in the alley, the vendor claimed it was a red Virginia based NET.
    I've always thought that mature red Virginias have less of the 'grassy' or 'earthy' taste than the blond Virginia, but tastes do vary.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread