Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I am revisiting Russ' Nations Capital. I mixed this e-liquid over the Memorial Day Weekend, do it's been six months. Still mild, but it doesn't seem to have faded much like some aromatic mixtures are known to do.
Sweet as you would expect from a Cavendish, the Vanilla and Cherry top notes are still evident.
Probably a reorder for this winter.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Some I am looking through pipesandcigars.com, starting a wishlist for this winter. Bulk, 4 Star and above filters, which still leaves nearly 100 selections. Luckily there are a few brands (Lane, Sutliff) that just seem a little too mild for my tastes. I guess trial and error pays off.
But the reason I am posting is this - while Peter Stokkebye's 84 Turkish is listed, it is no longe available for sale.
Dayam. That has been a fave non-aromatic of mine for some time now.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Some I am looking through pipesandcigars.com, starting a wishlist for this winter. Bulk, 4 Star and above filters, which still leaves nearly 100 selections. Luckily there are a few brands (Lane, Sutliff) that just seem a little too mild for my tastes. I guess trial and error pays off.
But the reason I am posting is this - while Peter Stokkebye's 84 Turkish is listed, it is no longe available for sale.
Dayam. That has been a fave non-aromatic of mine for some time now.
So what do they have left in the Turkish line?

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Also, for those who like Latakia flavored English blends (not a fan personally), Dunhill didn't close shop, they were bought out by Peterson. Same factory, same blends. Early Morning, Nightcap, and other Dunhill favorites are still available under the Peterson label.
The tins even look the same.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Part of the enjoyment, for me anyways, is shopping for new blends.
Cornell & Diehl Stanhope looks interesting. By the reviews at p&c, and at tobaccoreviews.com, it sounds like a mild to medium flavor. Mostly Burley and Perique, with a light base of Virginia to add a touch of sweetness, and a "condiment" addition of Latakia that is just enough to disappiont English Blend lovers. But mostly a Bur/Per.
Might be worth trying....maybe.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
So... as I have mentioned on the "Random" thread, my 'mixing bottle' of liquid nicotine was turning yellow and had a strong 'nutty' smell. So I thawed out some fresh 100mg in VG Nic and replaced my mixing bottle.
But, that also meant dumping everything that I had already mixed. Bottles steeping since Memorial Day Weekend and mid-June were all dumped. Probably several hundred milliliters of already steeped NET e-liquids.
Mixed up 30ml's of 84 Turkish, FSOB, Midtown Chestnut, Nation's Capitol and Three Friars this morning. Waiting four weeks without any NET flavors to vape is going to suck, but gotta have clean liquids to vape.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Sadness. Deep, deep sadness. For someone who vapes 99% nets in 2021, good ejuice is precious beyond gold.

I usually have anywhere from 2 to 6 mods going, half NET and half Sweet/ Bakery.
But this will be the first time and eight years I do not have NET flavors ready to go.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: FranC

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Why did it go bad? Are you storing it correctly?

I have three liters in the freezer, but I keep maybe 100ml out in a small brown plastic bottle for mixing. Maybe the last 10ml went sour after a year or so. I chose to dump everything I have mixed in the last six months.
The nicotine I have set out now was thawed out yesterday, and it is clean and odorless. Maybe a year at room temperature is too much to expect.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I have three liters in the freezer, but I keep maybe 100ml out in a small brown plastic bottle for mixing. Maybe the last 10ml went sour after a year or so. I chose to dump everything I have mixed in the last six months.
The nicotine I have set out now was thawed out yesterday, and it is clean and odorless. Maybe a year at room temperature is too much to expect.
Probably. The fridge significantly slows deterioration too. Keep your working bottle in there. Many people report their nic turning color but it didn’t taste bad and still had same nic punch.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Probably. The fridge significantly slows deterioration too. Keep your working bottle in there. Many people report their nic turning color but it didn’t taste bad and still had same nic punch.

The fridge belongs to Mamaw.
Considering how well she cooks, I am not challenging that.
Leftover slow cooked crockpot roast, potatoes and carrots don't happen without her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread