Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I’m trying the 84 Turkish tonight. Not a fan so far. It keeps reminding me of green grass or some kind of green leaf. I guess I prefer the sweet Nets.

It’s an unvarnished NET. Straight up tobacco.

I seem to remember @hittman really liking H&H Midtown Chestnut when he tried that one, so I don't think it's a matter of aromatic v. non-aromatic blends.
Everyone has their own tastes and preferences. Maybe he is just not a fan of sansoun Turkish tobacco.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I seem to remember @hittman really liking H&H Midtown Chestnut when he tried that one, so I don't think it's a matter of aromatic v. non-aromatic blends.
    Everyone has their own tastes and preferences. Maybe he is just not a fan of sansoun Turkish tobacco.

That could be it because you are right that I did really like the Midtown chestnut.

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    So I'm sitting here vaping Scotty's Honey and Chocolate, an old favorite. Only this extract was Heat Extraction with PGA/VG. Much stronger top notes, so much so that tobacco isn't noticable. Definitely enjoyable if you want flavored tobaccos. Don't know if I personally would want this much honey in my vape, but the chocolate shines through as well. For me, I think I'll keep extracting this one via Cold Maceration.

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Ok, this weird but I picked up the set up with the 84 Turkish tonight and am liking it. I’ve been using it for about 15 minutes continuously and enjoying it. Maybe my tastebuds were off when I tried it the first time.

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Ok, this weird but I picked up the set up with the 84 Turkish tonight and am liking it. I’ve been using it for about 15 minutes continuously and enjoying it. Maybe my tastebuds were off when I tried it the first time.

Our friend @Bronze is fond of saying "Vape it 'til you Like it !" ;)

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Hearth & Home Vermont Meat Candy - Pipes and Cigars

Extracted (cold maceration) - Winter 2021
    Mixed (30/70 w/10mg nicotine) - 6/6/2021

The term "Vermont Meat Candy" piques the interest, and may have even raised a few eyebrows in this thread. The name comes from a Maple and Bacon flavoring that is promised by the manufacturer.
    The Maple flavored Cavendish is front and center, sweet syrupy flavor of Maple. But it does not stand alone, there is a darker, more earthy supporting flavor of a smoky fire-cured Burley. While the Hickory smoked Burley doesn't quite mimic the flavor of bacon, it does add a good bit of heft to an otherwise sweetened Cavendish. Listed as a "mild" tobacco, I find the Burley moves this more towards a "mild-to-medium" flavor.
    Vaping at around 11Watts on a REOS Grand / Vapefly Galaxies combo, I personally find this an intriguing mixture that is both sweet from the Maple Cavendish, yet dark and earthy from the fire-cured Kentucky Burley. I don't know that I would call this a dessert vape, or an all-day vape. More of an interesting change-of-pace, but worth a try.

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Hearth & Home Vermont Meat Candy - Pipes and Cigars

The term "Vermont Meat Candy" piques the interest, and may have even raised a few eyebrows in this thread. The name comes from a Maple and Bacon flavoring that is promised by the manufacturer.
    The Maple flavored Cavendish is front and center, sweet syrupy flavor of Maple. But it does not stand alone, there is a darker, more earthy supporting flavor of a smoky fire-cured Burley. While the Hickory smoked Burley doesn't quite mimic the flavor of bacon, it does add a good bit of heft to an otherwise sweetened Cavendish. Listed as a "mild" tobacco, I find the Burley moves this more towards a "mild-to-medium" flavor.
    Vaping at around 11Watts on a REOS Grand / Vapefly Galaxies combo, I personally find this an intriguing mixture that is both sweet from the Maple Cavendish, yet dark and earthy from the fire-cured Kentucky Burley. I don't know that I would call this a dessert vape, or an all-day vape. More of an interesting change-of-pace, but worth a try.

You do a much better job describing it but I really like that one.

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Brigadier Black Alamo - Pipes and Cigars

Smooth. Very Smooth. This is a Black Cavendish Blend, very easy on the palate. It is supported by a mild Burley (maybe a White Burley ?) that adds little more a tobacco body to the blend. The sweetness of the Black Cavendish is assisted by a subtle Mocha top note. A quick "Google check" describes Mocha as a specific coffee bean grown in Mocha, Yemen. The term has been adapted by a chocolate-coffee mix. This adaption describes the subtle top note that has been added. The supposed addition of 'nougat', a sugar based candy, is not noticeable.
    Though Black Cavendish and White Burley are traditionally mild tobaccos, together they bump this to a mild-medium flavor enhanced by the coffee and chocolate soft notes of the mocha. Very much a dessert vape, this could be enjoyed quite a bit by those who indulge in an after-dinner coffee, without the caffeine.

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Cornell & Diehl Bayou Morning - Pipes and Cigars

A smooth and delightful VaPer that is richer than Anniversary Kake, but not as strong as Louisiana Red.
    The Virginias are listed as Red and Bright, although I am not getting any of the 'grassy' aftertaste often associated with bright Virginias. The late Bob Runowski, a Master Blender at Cornell & Deihl, added 25% Louisiana Perique. Cannot tell if it's St. James Parrish or Arcadian Perique, but it is smoother. The Perique still has that tangy taste without as much spicy bite usually attributed to the tobacco.
    Those who enjoy Virginia/ Perique blends, or VaPer tobaccos, should give this one a try.

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    Just a few thoughts ; People have different tastes, so I do not expect everyone to agree with mine. Or, as I have said, compliance is not a requirement ! :D
    I recommend mixing 10ml samples at 10% extract as a starting point! Like any other DIY flavor, the percentages can be more or less depending on one's preference.
    Also, I personally believe four weeks steep time is a minimum, and though some might disagree even those who are in a hurry will admit longer steep times does help bring out the flavor.
    And, as always, clean and well maintained vaping equipment is key. NET e-liquids require routinely maintained vaping gear, as they can be 'gunky'.
    And, finally, as I mentioned in the OP, I am not a big fan of Latakia based English blends. There are those who prefer much stronger tobacco flavors. To each their own, and I am more into the Milder Side of NET flavors.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Just a few tights ; People have different tastes, so I do not expect everyone to agree with mine. Or, as I have said, compliance is not a requirement ! :D
    I recommend mixing 10ml samples at 10% extract as a starting point! Like any other DIY flavor, the percentages can be more or less depending on one's preference.
    Also, I personally believe four weeks steep time is a minimum, and though some might disagree even those who are in a hurry will admit longer steep times does help bring out the flavor.
    And, as always, clean and well maintained vaping equipment is key. NET e-liquids require routinely maintained vaping gear, as they can be 'gunky'.
    And, finally, as I mentioned in the OP, I am not a big fan of Latakia based English blends. There are those who prefer much stronger tobacco flavors. To each their own, and I am more into the Milder Side of NET flavors.
    After all this time vaping I have found most NETs are at 80- 90% after two weeks. After a month they're aged out (one exception was Vita Bella by Goodejuice that took 3 months...no idea why). This is not to say they get better with age though I think most people agree they do. But there are exceptions where there are those who prefer freshly mixed juice over aged juice.

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    After all this time vaping I have found most NETs are at 80- 90% after two weeks. After a month they're aged out (one exception was Vita Bella by Goodejuice that took 3 months...no idea why). This is not to say they get better with age though I think most people agree they do. But there are exceptions where there are those who prefer freshly mixed juice over aged juice.

A Prime Example of how compliance is not required :D.
    @Bronze might remember that I would argue Gandalf needs eight weeks, minimum.
    But tastes are subjective.

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    So I am revisiting Russ' Fudge Cake, which I mixed three months ago towards th end of May. The top note has faded a bit, that "Hershey's Chocolate" flavor is gone. The Black Cavendish is front and center now, with the Chocolate top note more of a cocoa supporting role.
    This is only the first aged Heat Extraction I have tried, but it seems as though Heated OEA extraction is not helping this selection to retain it's top note flavor any longer than Cold Maceration does. I was hoping it would be otherwise when it comes to aromatic tobaccos and their flavorings.
    Nation's Capitol is next to try again, as it too has aged three months....

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    So I am revisiting Russ' Fudge Cake, which I mixed three months ago towards th end of May. The top note has faded a bit, that "Hershey's Chocolate" flavor is gone. The Black Cavendish is front and center now, with the Chocolate top note more of a cocoa supporting role.
    This is only the first aged Heat Extraction I have tried, but it seems as though Heated OEA extraction is not helping this selection to retain it's top note flavor any longer than Cold Maceration does. I was hoping it would be otherwise when it comes to aromatic tobaccos and their flavorings.
    Nation's Capitol is next to try again, as it too has aged three months....
    Can't say I'm surprised Pop. I think the cocoa note is still there but one of the other flavors crowded it out.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Our friend @Bronze is fond of saying "Vape it 'til you Like it !" ;)
    I can't agree more. So many times I wasn't satisfied with a tobacco, only to like it later on. I've come to get it in mind...if at first I don't like it, steep it more and come back to it later.
    Glad to see the thread ticking along. For some reason I didn't get alerts for a while....only to be pleasantly surprised when I went looking for it :thumbs:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread