Status
Not open for further replies.

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Brough East Yorkshire, UK
After spending 3 hours in the shower, scrubbing of the excess epoxy putty I was covered in.
Then another 2 hours scrubbing of the excess spray paint.
This is were I'm at so far.
Bottle contains 24mg cherry pg, 18650 (UN-protected).
Push down, home made switch, (just have to fashion a retaining screw.
No Master switch. ( Am working on a lock off for the push switch).
cop8.jpg

cop9.jpg

Epoxy workmanship is not as good as I would have liked!
But
Vapes like a dream.
No leaks between the bottle and the atty. (Thanks Highping)
As before sucks back excess liquid. (Clyde, I don't know if it self primes, Only time will tell) I will keep you updated on that score.
Very little pressure on the bottle required to refill the atty.

I had a few problems working with large pieces of copper.
(As you have to heat the hole piece to get the solder to flow and adhere).

A Few changes are required on the MK3.2.
If I build a charging stand the atty has to be removed, but also the LED would stay on while on charge. Which I don't like.
The bottle atty connection would also include the LED built within it.
I could remove a small section of the bottle top to house it.

I must admit that I'm seriously looking forward to using this mod, But it is still not right.
I want to remove the copper all together and use plastic tops / bottoms.

And when I do, the warning stickers will say (Explosion proof if you are NOT daft enough to use un-protected batteries.

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
Since I know nothing about that let me ask:
Would it handle the spring flexing without cracking?
How would it wear (i.e. repeated use wear through)?

I guess another option might be heat shrink tubing?

The one aerosol I have tried would flex well. I cannot, however, speak of its durability in this type of application. As you said, heat shrink is an option also. And there are many other products that might work, but I haven't tried them specifically for use in this manner. An experiment is in order, but it will need to wait for a week or two. ;)

And when I do, the warning stickers will say (Explosion proof if you are NOT daft enough to use un-protected batteries.

LOL - I would love to see you affix a label with that warning! :thumbs:

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH

Kirothak

Feb 17, 2010
Nebraska
wow just wow, i have spent most the night reading through threads on many cool mods, mahmba, mrpuffs, the dream PVs, your mkII and this. I have to say many ppl on these forms are pure genius.

Sadly though I am not by any means dumb, doing this kind of stuff is a far off dream to me.

Awaiting the day when these amazing devices are available to the less brilliant masses :D till then its me and my 510 and playing with cart mods hehe

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Progressing along nicely I see Petercro. What atty do you guys use for bottom feeding? I dont see what prevent the juice from coming out of the air holes...if they have any. I only have a 510 so I know nothing about other attys/cartos.

Thanks Nicotime.
I use the RN4081's, I find the vapour to be smooth and warm, and plenty of it.
Where as Highping' basic JB Mod uses 510's.
There is a small amount of liquid that can seep out of the air inlet holes,
but, I also find that when you draw on the atty it is sucked back in.
The only downside to this type of mod is that the atty nearly always sounds like it is flooded. (But it is NOT).
The gurgling, bubbling noise if from the excess liquid in the air inlet holes and threads.
This liquid is eventually sucked back into the atty and is vaped.
But if you pump the bottle for too long, excess liquid can flow out of the air holes.
I always set the battery connector at a point where the 2 air inlet holes are just above flush to the top of the mod.
So any excess liquid sits outside the mod itself.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Thanks Nicotime.
I use the RN4081's, I find the vapour to be smooth and warm, and plenty of it.
Where as Highping' basic JB Mod uses 510's.
There is a small amount of liquid that can seep out of the air inlet holes,
but, I also find that when you draw on the atty it is sucked back in.
The only downside to this type of mod is that the atty nearly always sounds like it is flooded. (But it is NOT).
The gurgling, bubbling noise if from the excess liquid in the air inlet holes and threads.
This liquid is eventually sucked back into the atty and is vaped.
But if you pump the bottle for too long, excess liquid can flow out of the air holes.
I always set the battery connector at a point where the 2 air inlet holes are just above flush to the top of the mod.
So any excess liquid sits outside the mod itself.

I'll vouch for that. I spent a couple of weeks with the v2.
1. The gurgling atty is what I eventually learned to shoot for. It sounded like you slurping the last bit of soda out of a glass, but the taste was incredible.
2. With my mod, using the same 4081 copper tube setup, a good draw on the atty would take juice to it-no squeezing needed for most of the time.
3. And, any excess juice from over priming would safely vent to the outside of the box. Atty flooding wasn't really an issue at all, but the atty could be easily removed and blown out as with any conventional atty.

I desperately want to try his newest creation, but I'm not gonna rush him this time. (Do have a selection of 4081s and 18650s awaitin', though.);)

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Would it be possible to stick a tiny bit of silica wick in the hole as far up against the coils cup as you can to help hold the juice there?

Now that sounds like a plan!
But the total reason I started this design is to use factory build standard attys.
Adding a silica wick takes the design into a different direction.
Or Not
I have just had a thought.
If the mod were sold by me or HP or anyone who is working on the configuration , a standard atty could be used.
But also a modded atty could be sold at an additional cost.
Removing the +ve ring stuff silica wick inside and replacing the +ve ring.

Nicotime, I know you are one of the good guys, but I do hate it when someone puts a spark of an idea into my mind, the bloody thing will not turn off at the best of times, but now I have yet another thing to think about. LOL.
I know you have been doing some tests with silica wicks,
I'm rather busy and find it difficult to keep up with all threads, (forgive me).
Let me know how its going.
Your idea is worth lots of further investigation.
As is a few others which have come to my attention.

Poly Fuses = Perfect : On order.
Mosfets = Solid state touch switch : On order.
Lock off device = Designed and built.
Tritium = I would love to, but US Customs would kill me.:evil:

petercro

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009

MastiffMike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Dogville Estate
Oh and thanks again Scottbee

What, you've had contact with Scottbee? Oh I'm screwed!!!! The great minds are talking behind closed doors!!! How am I supposed to steal all your great ideas if I can't READ them??? :D

Least HP is steal publicly posting.... oh crap, now you're gonna go recruit him too??? ARGGGG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread