The new Apex Vapor Atomizers (AVA) are in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
Day_four:

On_a_BB_from_Altsmoke...Really_nice_vapor.
NOt_as_hot_as_an_HH357...BUt_flavor_shines.

Better_performance_since_my_ultramax_has_switch_issues--thus_my_"ok"_review_of_it_previous...

Still<_was_told_a_week_to_break-in._By_then,_I'll_have_my_new_switch_and_can_comment_on_the_"FULL"_innovapor/apex_experience.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
OK, so I have ran 4 of these now, 2 where sent back and they replaced them with 2 new ones, still they don't hold liquid well in my opinion and leak pretty bad like most 510's tend to do, does anyone else agree that if they put the SS Wool mesh under the ceramic and maybe some inside near the coil that it would help these hold liquid better and also make them draw better and overall perform better ? or is it just me ? I just think if they where made similar to a 357 the way the ss wool mesh is in those and utilizing the ceramic, and quality build of these Atty's it would make them turn into some serious monsters :)

TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
OK, so I have ran 4 of these now, 2 where sent back and they replaced them with 2 new ones, still they don't hold liquid well in my opinion and leak pretty bad like most 510's tend to do, does anyone else agree that if they put the SS Wool mesh under the ceramic and maybe some inside near the coil that it would help these hold liquid better and also make them draw better and overall perform better ? or is it just me ? I just think if they where made similar to a 357 the way the ss wool mesh is in those and utilizing the ceramic, and quality build of these Atty's it would make them turn into some serious monsters :)

That_would_help_with_holding_juice_and_allow_great_wicking...

BUT...THe_HH357_uses_a_vacuum_system_to_prevent_leaking--The_AVA_is_made_to_flow_with_the_RES_(as_an_end-game)._Maybe_the_combination_would_prove_highly_successful.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I vape 3.7 for the most part well actually more like 4.0 since I change out batts pretty quickly. So LR is what I got. I am actually not having an issue with leaking but that could change I guess, and adding some SS wool would definitely not hurt imo. I have only used one brand juice so far but several flavors, Virgin Vapor, it is all vg but I think she thins it with alcohol so its not as goopy as bobas or ultrapure. This atty really does allow that flavor to come through, and for me the TH has been great, and I love TH. Vapor is average but I think I got spoiled by the HH. Honestly vapor is my least important aspect, (I stealth vape almost always)
@ Mwa have you noticed more or less leaking on certain mods or is it about the same on all mods? Also, you should email apex with your suggestions.

edit; I am also very happy with the draw on mine but that is very subjective I think, and it could be that the draw varies.

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
That_would_help_with_holding_juice_and_allow_great_wicking...

BUT...THe_HH357_uses_a_vacuum_system_to_prevent_leaking--The_AVA_is_made_to_flow_with_the_RES_(as_an_end-game)._Maybe_the_combination_would_prove_highly_successful.

Agreed, but,,, Sneaker, better take apart a 357 one day,, you can call it vacuum, I call it a venture effect, there is a piece of SS Wool wrapped around the ceramic cup, and one underneath of it coming back up, either way some SS Wool in this Atty would help in the ways I stated, making it holding liquid and improving the draw and wicking my friend,,, it's really not that complicated in my opinion to make an Ava Atty that also works for other Mods, or just design one that does by someone else, almost every Atty has some stuffing in it of some sort, this one has None,,, the liquids roll right threw this Atty on other Mods accept maybe for there's. It's also not that hard to pull one of these apart and try the SS Wool in it :) just my own views no pun intended sneaker.

TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
Agreed, but,,, Sneaker, better take apart a 357 one day,, you can call it vacuum, I call it a venture effect, there is a piece of SS Wool wrapped around the ceramic cup, and one underneath of it coming back up, either way some SS Wool in this Atty would help in the ways I stated, making it holding liquid and improving the draw and wicking my friend,,, it's really not that complicated in my opinion to make an Ava Atty that also works for other Mods, or just design one that does by someone else, almost every Atty has some stuffing in it of some sort, this one has None,,, the liquids roll right threw this Atty on other Mods accept maybe for there's. It's also not that hard to pull one of these apart and try the SS Wool in it :) just my own views no pun intended sneaker.

I_should_have_been_more_specific:_Bottom-feeders_are_my_other_primary_mods...With_a_closed_center-post,_the_AVA_lacks_the_larger_port_to_better_equalize_the_draw_pressure_and_the_feed_flow.

Either_way,_they_both_shine...I've_been_using_ONLY_the_AVA_since_I_got_it._The_flavor_is_just_too_damn_good.

reaxion

Mar 1, 2012
Tampa
Hey guys, I received my AVA yesterday and it hits like a dream for the most part, I get gurgling occasionally but i think that that's a user error, never putting more than 3 drops in I just have been letting it sit for a few before I vape and getting much better results that way. I bought the HR version and using it on my lt, can't wait for my saber touch and trippy tip next week.

After having read the entire thread my question is this (since I'm relatively new to atties), how often should I clean and maintain this device?

TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
Hey guys, I received my AVA yesterday and it hits like a dream for the most part, I get gurgling occasionally but i think that that's a user error, never putting more than 3 drops in I just have been letting it sit for a few before I vape and getting much better results that way. I bought the HR version and using it on my lt, can't wait for my saber touch and trippy tip next week.

After having read the entire thread my question is this (since I'm relatively new to atties), how often should I clean and maintain this device?

I_would_say_whenever_the_pull_becomes_tight...I've_been_chain-vaping_on_it_for_a_week_and_it_shows_no_signs_of_clogging/bad
-taste/etc.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Ive read enough here and got a recommend from an ecig guru about these so i ordered an LR AVA atomizer! yay.... he said " if you feel like doing something good for yourself..."
I am convinced about HH357's but since then, I am willing to try new atomizers.
IMO conventional atomizers have been eclipsed big time by the HH357. This should mean there are other "better" atomizers to come. I got hopes for the AVA.

jslick_007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
I enjoy both, and they are very different atomizers. I wouldn't say one is better than the other. I think they are both good tools for serious vapers to have in their arsenal :)

+1. I find that the AVA is good for sweet flavors while the 357 is good for tobacco flavors. Also vapor production is better on the 357, but I've yet to kill an AVA.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
cool slick, i don't have an ultra, but will use this on whatever voltage works best.... i got the LR because i love the hh357 LR's so far, and this one is closer to 2.0 it looks like...
I only vape snicker doodle (from 3 different vendors). :)
+1. I find that the AVA is good for sweet flavors while the 357 is good for tobacco flavors. Also vapor production is better on the 357, but I've yet to kill an AVA.

jslick_007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
cool slick, i don't have an ultra, but will use this on whatever voltage works best.... i got the LR because i love the hh357 LR's so far, and this one is closer to 2.0 it looks like...
I only vape snicker doodle (from 3 different vendors). :)

Is that the flavor that remained in the XL?!?!?! LOL. Hope you got the 510 version as the lip makes it not work with the XL and many other mods. My LR AVA metered at 2.0 ohms and has remained consistent. My comparisons were also done with a 2.0 HH .357.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I didn't see any spec about it being other than 510; just assumed it was 510.... will try on the V2 Provari first to zero in on sweet spot.....sorry if you suffered my Snickerdoodle taste.....
Is that the flavor that remained in the XL?!?!?! LOL. Hope you got the 510 version as the lip makes it not work with the XL and many other mods. My LR AVA metered at 2.0 ohms and has remained consistent. My comparisons were also done with a 2.0 HH .357.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread