The new Apex Vapor Atomizers (AVA) are in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jslick_007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal
They are quality mods. I've own(ed) both the Ultra and UltraMAX and they've been well built and reliable once you get the hang of the RES and maintenance of the device (lubrication and cleaning the switch). I've spent more time on them than any of the mods I've owned. I regret getting rid of my UltraMAX, but maybe one day, I'll get another one.

TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
Well....48_hours_in.

Better_vapor...Sadly,_my_good_juices_are_still_enroute_via_USPS.

Flavor_is_GREAT._Juices_that_used_to_be_bland_to_me_now_jump_out.
Vapor_production_has_improved...Whereas_the_HH357_hits_hot,_the_AVA_hits_a_bit_cooler.

There_is_also_a_change_depending_on_the_RES..._straight_up_on_a_regular_tube_mod_the_AVA_is_consistant!

I_cannot_emphasize_this_enough...GREAT_FLAVOR!!!!!

ridenit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Texas, Dallas
Hi everyone. I bought an AVA LR and received it yesterday. My thought from the first hit was WOW. I have gone through approximately 4 HH attys and they tend to last me about 3 to 6 weeks if kept clean, sometimes the contacts got loose or the rubber washers waep from the center post of my P+ smashing it and wont fire before they actually burn out. So that's what attracted me to these since they look like they are built solid as hell and have a great concept build for dripping/flavor. Well unfortunately on day one when I continued to vape on the AVA on my way to work it started to not hit very well. It was almost like a misfire issue, im not sure though. It just wasn't performing well at all. I could still feel the atty get warm and a faint hissing, but no real vapor and 0 TH... so this is day 2 and im still getting the same problem.. I can vape on it first thing in the morning and its a beast, but the more its used the poorer it starts to perform almost like the battery is dead as an example of the performance. But this degradation of performance happens within or under 10 minutes of vaping. So I have to let the atty rest for a bit and it'll pick back up on performance. I emailed them about a DOA issue, but if I send it in the atty will work great on the first 7-10 hits and that probably will not warrant a replacement under the DOA warranty. Has anyone had similar experiences with these? Is it possible my juice is too thick? Please help, Any feedback would be appreciated. I vape 70/30 VG (BWB malty) very thick. I use AW 18490 batteries on a precise plus 18500...

Thanks guys.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

ridenit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Texas, Dallas
Ridenit these atttys work the best on 100 vg , i have used malty from bwb also with no issues aswell 100pg and other blends so i suggest contact seller with the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Rox. Ill probably go ahead and just send it in then. Do you notice any reduction in performance when the atty is hot?

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Hey folks, I want to try one of these... I'm an HH357 addict for the last month +... question is, since i only want to try one for now, what resistance seems to be getting the best results in longevity?
Or is LR SR HR not an issue...
I don't have an Ultra anything, but a few VV's... I'm leaning towards the SR.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I've been running 4 of these for a cuple months now, the biggest problem I have with them is there draw and they just DONT hold liquid well at all. Fix = SS Wool up under the coil in the bottom, maybe some around the side wall of it too. This would allow this Atty to hold Liquid much better and stiffen up the draw just right, like the HH-357 has in it,, after taking one apart it would be done a bit different then the 357 on the sides but pretty much the same with the piece on the bottom. Vendor if your listening please suggest this to your manufacturer of these Atty's and try this or Beta test this, it would not only work but make this Atty wayyyyy better.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Hi everyone. I bought an AVA LR and received it yesterday. My thought from the first hit was WOW. I have gone through approximately 4 HH attys and they tend to last me about 3 to 6 weeks if kept clean, sometimes the contacts got loose or the rubber washers waep from the center post of my P+ smashing it and wont fire before they actually burn out. So that's what attracted me to these since they look like they are built solid as hell and have a great concept build for dripping/flavor. Well unfortunately on day one when I continued to vape on the AVA on my way to work it started to not hit very well. It was almost like a misfire issue, im not sure though. It just wasn't performing well at all. I could still feel the atty get warm and a faint hissing, but no real vapor and 0 TH... so this is day 2 and im still getting the same problem.. I can vape on it first thing in the morning and its a beast, but the more its used the poorer it starts to perform almost like the battery is dead as an example of the performance. But this degradation of performance happens within or under 10 minutes of vaping. So I have to let the atty rest for a bit and it'll pick back up on performance. I emailed them about a DOA issue, but if I send it in the atty will work great on the first 7-10 hits and that probably will not warrant a replacement under the DOA warranty. Has anyone had similar experiences with these? Is it possible my juice is too thick? Please help, Any feedback would be appreciated. I vape 70/30 VG (BWB malty) very thick. I use AW 18490 batteries on a precise plus 18500...

Thanks guys.

That definitely should not be happening. Send anthony@apexvapor.com an email and he will get you taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread