THE Phoenix Line is here & up for SALE. both phoenix xl & 3ml tank version,bottom coil, 2 ohms for both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Ok, so I decided to change some juice in another bottom coil. Got the metal tube out. For the first time on each one I have to pull them out with needle nose pliers, then I can tap them to get them out like in Chris's video, just not the first time but that's no biggie. Rinsed it out, and all, dry burned some, the metal tube wouldn't go back in. Nothing I could do would get metal tube to go back in. Took the metal tube out of the one that flooded, popped it right into the the plastic part of the one that I couldn't get the metal tube back into, went in just fine. Piece of cake. Or in this case, piece of pineapple upside down cake, since that's the juice I put in it.

Just now, for giggles, I took the metal tube that absolutely would NOT go into the other plastic, put it into the plastic that flooded, it went in just fine. <shakes head> I swear sometimes I feel like I must be on candid camera and folks are laughin their tails off at me trying to do this stuff. lol

Other than some minor issues, I really am loving these though. Great vapor, relatively easy to deal with. Getting great flavor now. I have one more for the pack that I'm saving for my Jamaican Rum juice that shipped today. : )

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
I'm a little confused when you say “put it into the plastic”. Are you removing the tube? Are you putting the center post on top of the atomizer before replacing the tube? I was thinking perhaps some of the wicking material got in the way of the center post and preventing it from being seated properly.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I got em both back together, so not a problem, just odd that one would not go in at all. Ok, since I don't know what a lot of parts are called. Here's what I did. Watched the vid on gv that Chris did. Took the seal out of the top of the phoenix. Kept the plastic tube (where the juice goes) attached to what I believe is the atty. Pulled the metal (post?) out. It's the thing that falls out in the video when Chris taps it on the table. Cleaned it like he said, put the metal post back in the plastic tube, used the back of the syringe thingy to push it down in there, and no dice. Wouldn't stay in there for nothing, did it like 6 times. Very possible some wicking did get in the way, but I grabbed the metal post from the phoenix I flooded the other day....put it in the same plastic tube, it went in just fine. Took the metal post that would not go in the one plastic tube, put it in the other plastic tube and it went in just fine. Like I said, they both have a metal post in them now, so not a problem, just thought it was so odd to have happened that way. I haven't removed any of the plastic tubes from the part that screws onto the battery (I think that's the atty).

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
I got em both back together, so not a problem, just odd that one would not go in at all. Ok, since I don't know what a lot of parts are called. Here's what I did. Watched the vid on gv that Chris did. Took the seal out of the top of the phoenix. Kept the plastic tube (where the juice goes) attached to what I believe is the atty. Pulled the metal (post?) out. It's the thing that falls out in the video when Chris taps it on the table. Cleaned it like he said, put the metal post back in the plastic tube, used the back of the syringe thingy to push it down in there, and no dice. Wouldn't stay in there for nothing, did it like 6 times. Very possible some wicking did get in the way, but I grabbed the metal post from the phoenix I flooded the other day....put it in the same plastic tube, it went in just fine. Took the metal post that would not go in the one plastic tube, put it in the other plastic tube and it went in just fine. Like I said, they both have a metal post in them now, so not a problem, just thought it was so odd to have happened that way. I haven't removed any of the plastic tubes from the part that screws onto the battery (I think that's the atty).

Don't be afraid to remove the plastic tube it comes off easily, goes back on easily. With the tube off you can check your wicks to make sure they're not getting in the way or pinched by the center post. You can also keep an eye on dry burning the coils.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
MrOutlaw, how do they compare to the fluxomizer? I got some fluxos in today & am wrestling with the mods etc. saw your post and ordered a pack of Phoenix bottomcoil.

I have used both and I have to say, the phoenix is ten times better. I had problems with getting the fluxo to wick without removing the silicone cup. Then, if I removed the cup, it leaked.

So long as you fill the, correctly, it doesn't leak a drop

I love the bottom coil. I bought both, but don't know if I will use the top coil as much.
I have a video on YouTube showing the phoenix on a volt battery. The vape production is awesome and the flavors really come through

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Is it okay to refill the Phoenix BCs when there's still some liquid left inside?

I've been refilling the TCs where there's still some liquid inside without any problems (though from my experience the TCs gurgle like crazy).

I have filled them with liquid inside. Just be sure to turn them upside down, as you do when they're empty, and be sure there's no air in the syringe.

JerryB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Forest Hills, NY
I have filled them with liquid inside. Just be sure to turn them upside down, as you do when they're empty, and be sure there's no air in the syringe.

Thank you for your reply!

Speaking of 'air in the syringe'... that's the one thing that I can't seem to get right.
What I've been doing is (and I know that is totally incorrect) to remove the plunger from the syringe and filling the liquid in from the top of the syringe, and then replacing the plunger. It's far from perfect, but I can't seem to manage it any other way.

If the bottles were the type that were meant to be used with a syringe (with the rubber top that you pierce) that would be a whole lot easier. Barring that, I just can't figure out how to manage this.

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
Thank you for your reply!

Speaking of 'air in the syringe'... that's the one thing that I can't seem to get right.
What I've been doing is (and I know that is totally incorrect) to remove the plunger from the syringe and filling the liquid in from the top of the syringe, and then replacing the plunger. It's far from perfect, but I can't seem to manage it any other way.

If the bottles were the type that were meant to be used with a syringe (with the rubber top that you pierce) that would be a whole lot easier. Barring that, I just can't figure out how to manage this.

I usually pour juice in a large condom and fill the syringe from there. Then....turn it with needle up and push plunger till a drop of juice comes out of the needs...just like the "doctors' on television :p

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Jerry, what I do is to have a longer blunt tip needle that I stick down into the bottle and I pull the juice into the syringe by raising the plunger. Go slowly and you'll get less air. Then I hold the syringe, point up, remove the long blunt tip needle, put on the needle that comes with the phoenix's, flick the syringe a few times with my finger (I'm sure you've seen a nurse do this on tv or movies), this will cause air bubbles to rise. Then I hold a paper towel at the needle part, depress the plunger, til I can see the juice rising through the needle itself. Once I just have a bit of juice squirting out, then I insert the needle into the pheonix, flip it upside down and fill. This could be overkill, but it really is the best way to get as much air as possible out of the syringe.

I did fill my bc the other night when it was half full. It got very airy, little vapor, and leaked just a little bit at the battery end, but then after vaping it down a bit, it straightened up. The draw went back to normal, I started getting the vapor back, and it quit leaking.

JerryB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Forest Hills, NY
I usually pour juice in a large condom and fill the syringe from there. Then....turn it with needle up and push plunger till a drop of juice comes out of the needs...just like the "doctors' on television :p

Thank you Harleydiva!
I actually used a condom from an old carto the first time I tried using the syringe last week.
Problem was that the plunger wouldn't pull back. I read yesterday that you should first pull the plunger back, place the needle into the liquid, push the plunger down (forcing air into the liquid), then pull plunger back to the desired amount.
I think I'll try that with the condom again.

JerryB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Forest Hills, NY
Jerry, what I do is to have a longer blunt tip needle that I stick down into the bottle and I pull the juice into the syringe by raising the plunger. Go slowly and you'll get less air. Then I hold the syringe, point up, remove the long blunt tip needle, put on the needle that comes with the phoenix's, flick the syringe a few times with my finger (I'm sure you've seen a nurse do this on tv or movies), this will cause air bubbles to rise. Then I hold a paper towel at the needle part, depress the plunger, til I can see the juice rising through the needle itself. Once I just have a bit of juice squirting out, then I insert the needle into the pheonix, flip it upside down and fill. This could be overkill, but it really is the best way to get as much air as possible out of the syringe.

I did fill my bc the other night when it was half full. It got very airy, little vapor, and leaked just a little bit at the battery end, but then after vaping it down a bit, it straightened up. The draw went back to normal, I started getting the vapor back, and it quit leaking.

Thank you Deb! A "longer" needle! Eureka! That's what I need! My first few tries were messy - and I kept thinking if only the needle wasn't so short, it might work better. I think I've got one that I bought a while back. I'll giver it a shot.
I hope that your battery woes are well behind you!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Jup, an angel fixed me up with a battery he wasn't using. So I have two in rotation again. Kinda scary being down to just one. Especially when it was charging. lol Glad you have a long tip needle, and of course it don't matter what gauge it is, since you won't be using it to fill the phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread