THE Phoenix Line is here & up for SALE. both phoenix xl & 3ml tank version,bottom coil, 2 ohms for both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I have another question. The Phoenix's I bought have been working great for the most part. I have had 3 loaded up since I got them, and yesterday opened a 4th one. I've only loaded it one time, and it was doing great, but then suddenly the draw got VERY airy, and now almost no vapor or TH. Anyone know what happened to it? I didn't do anything to it, just it was fine, then suddenly not fine.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
is it dead? put your ear to it when you fire, if you dont hear anything, check your connection pins on both your battery and cartos to make sure they are raised and exposed on the carto slightly.

if not then its possible it died, what voltage did you start at? it could be just a fluke or something else. more info would help.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
What bad said

Also, if the coil straight up floods, sometimes you won't hear a gurgle (its there but soft) and you'll get jack all for vapor and a ton of air

Try vaping the unit upside down (if you have VV turn it up a bit) this will relieve the flood for a bit and let you vape the excess off. Should return to normal. But once it starts flooding, it usually doesn't stop, so it may continue to flood after you right side up it

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
is it dead? put your ear to it when you fire, if you dont hear anything, check your connection pins on both your battery and cartos to make sure they are raised and exposed on the carto slightly.

if not then its possible it died, what voltage did you start at? it could be just a fluke or something else. more info would help.

I do hear hissing if I just fire it. I'm on a riva, so 3.7, no variable voltage. I'm not exactly sure what things are the connector pins, but I do see raised area on the carto and in the battery part, so I assume that's them.
What bad said

Also, if the coil straight up floods, sometimes you won't hear a gurgle (its there but soft) and you'll get jack all for vapor and a ton of air

Try vaping the unit upside down (if you have VV turn it up a bit) this will relieve the flood for a bit and let you vape the excess off. Should return to normal. But once it starts flooding, it usually doesn't stop, so it may continue to flood after you right side up it

The hissing was very very soft when I first fired it, then I vaped upside down, and now the hissing on just a fire is louder. I got a bit more th on vaping upside down, but still airy and not much vapor. Then right side up is the same as before. I do notice since this is dark juice that there seems to be a drop of juice that stays suspended near the top at the bottom of the top seal. This is a bc phoenix btw. Does this sound like flooding? And what do you do about that, anything? Thanks for y'alls help

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
also remove it and blow through it as well.

Ok, I'm a newbie, read that as being......dumb as a box or rocks when it comes to this stuff. lol Take it off the battery, remove drip tip, and blow on just the carto with juice in it.......from the top or from the battery end?

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
It sounds like flooding to me.

You can try blowing harder

Or you can turn it upside down and put it on a tissue. Wait a few minutes and then look and see if juice is coming out of the center hole

And keep in mind, these do have an airy draw, but I believe you' flooded which ismaking it ten times worse

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
When I took the drip tip off, there was juice in the cup above the seal. I also noticed that when I tip it upside down there is juice trapped between the bottom metal piece and the clear tube. Doesn't seem to be that way with others. So I think you are correct in flooding. You said it would continue, is this just a bad one, or will cleaning help fix it?

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
its kind of a gamble

the safe thing to do is invert it for a few minutes, then draw the juice out with a syringe and start over

when you fill just go to the point where you see the juice enter the holes, don't push more

and do not suck really hard when you draw, that will force juice into the coil. just hit the button and let the vapor come into your mouth for now

samsun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
United States, M.A.
Hi,Deb, I am wondering if you have taken it apart at all to clean it? Or have you ever taking off the clear outside tube and then put it back on? I have taken mine apart many times and cleaned them and the one thing I have noticed is that when you are puting the clear tube back on the bottom atty if it is not put back on the way it originaly was the the tube is not as tight as it should be. If you look closely at the tube before putting back on you may be able to see fading lines at one end and that end is the bottom which fits on nice and tight. There should not be any juice between the bottom atty part and the tube. Also when mine gets airy when I draw on it I always unscrew and check the battery"s connecter that I am using, and I end up seeing some juice in there. It is not alot but enough to effect the draw. I have been trying something different when filling them, someone said that they fill there's a little over half way and that is it and they have had no problems with leaking and flooding. I have only tryed it today on two of mine today and so far no leaking :). I did not mean to write a book here, sorry, and I hope that we all can help solve your problem because I think these are awesome.

samsun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
United States, M.A.
Here you go. Easy to maintain, cleanable, the PHOENiX has provided unparalleled flavor in testing. It is manufactured with a strong, durable poly plastic clear tube. Innovative base houses the bottom coil in a stainless encasement with attention to prevent leakage issues. The TANK version will hold approximately 3ml of juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread