• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The rebuilt juice box

Status
Not open for further replies.

beingbekah

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
N Georgia
It's pretty simple to come on here a few times a week and let people know where he stands. It would only take him less than a minute to post something.
You forget that as of now, he's not a member of this forum. I guess he could get a proxy to do it for him though, but I think Clumsy does it every now and then anyway... just not often enough to salve our impatientness.

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
You forget that as of now, he's not a member of this forum. I guess he could get a proxy to do it for him though, but I think Clumsy does it every now and then anyway... just not often enough to salve our impatientness.

Clumsy is on here all the time. All it would take is for Carlos to let her know what date he's up to and that would put most of us at ease. I assure you I will never order from him again no matter how great the juice box is. Had I known it would take this long from the beginning I would have never ordered one. I'm sure I'm not alone.

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal

I'm really astounded at the lack of updates; it isn't as if a quick login and post session takes hours. Seeing as how he went from making this an open source project (IIRC) to a commercial venture, you'd expect the business aspect of things would be attended to a tad better..........

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
I'm really astounded at the lack of updates; it isn't as if a quick login and post session takes hours. Seeing as how he went from making this an open source project (IIRC) to a commercial venture, you'd expect the business aspect of things would be attended to a tad better..........

Apparently though he has been "Moved On", which I didn't realize until just now, so he would have to do that through a third party.

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
Apparently though he has been "Moved On", which I didn't realize until just now, so he would have to do that through a third party.

According to Clumsy he's going to be a supplier on ECF in the near future. He can have Clumsy update us, she said she's in contact with him on a daily basis.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Carlos status is Moved On...he cannot come in here and give updates.

I havent talked with him in a few days...or i would tell you all what was said.

He stated before that anyone that didnt want to wait...he would refund the money...so, i suggest if you arent happy about the wait..email him and ask him just that.

He is currently trying to get his status back here...as a supplier...thats all i know.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
According to Clumsy he's going to be a supplier on ECF in the near future. He can have Clumsy update us, she said she's in contact with him on a daily basis.

Yeah, which Clumsy has been doing.......

To both of the above: Yes I was basically referring to :

I'm really astounded at the lack of updates; it isn't as if a quick login and post session takes hours.

that portion of the comment.

I assumed you meant Carlos himself since Clumsy has already been seeming to update as much as she is able to.

Wasn't trying to say anyone was wrong or anything. ;)

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
I just find it ironic that he did the video 10 days ago saying he has all the parts and help but no one has come forward saying they received their juicebox yet. He also mentioned he would be caught up on all orders by mid to late February yet you still have people who ordered in November not receiving their juicebox yet.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
<cross post.. since the conversation is over here and not in the thread I just posted this in>

It is a little frustrating. When I ordered 4 weeks ago it said 4-5 weeks. So I sat back, didn't whine, or complain how long it was going to take or anything like that. I just waited patiently for the time to pass. Now we're a week out from what should be the end of my wait, and I'm hearing 'only 4 more weeks for orders placed on the 1st'.

I don't want to be "that guy", but come on. How many orders could he have? And someone (with an inside line) please tell me he's not building these one at a time. I certainly hope not. He said (in one of the few updates he has posted), that it takes 3-4 hours to build one. To me, if you can build one in 4 hours then you can build 5 in 8 hours and 50 in a 40 hour week (unless you are building them one at a time, of course). So, again I ask, how many orders does he have out there anway?

And I know he had supplier problems but were the problems with all the supply lines? I mean maybe you can't get boxes (understandable), but when the boxes do finally show up, there should be at least 1 atty built for every one you've sold (and preferably one for every "# available" you show on the purchase page. Same thing with the switch/batt holder assemblies, etc. Then when the missing pieces do show up, it's bang, bang, box, ship.
Just sayin'

beingbekah

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
N Georgia
I'm choosing to remain hopeful. If you are as fed up and disatisfied as you sound, I suggest you take advantage of the offer and get a refund. You won't have to stress about it anymore, and it'll move the rest of the orders up a little.

We all got in on what sounded great and some of us forgot that this is a startup business. I'm not sure if Carlos has ever run a business before. There were bound to be problems, and there have been (big suprise). It's just a matter of whether or not you're willing to weather the storm. I am. Maybe you're not. Neither of us is wrong.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
I'm not planning on getting a refund, and I don't really have a problem waiting...
Time to reference one of my favorite quotes: "Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway" — Earl Nightingale

Anyway, it's not the waiting that bothers me so much, it's the fact that when I ordered it was after he had the knowledge of supplier problems, there were orders from November that had not gone out yet, but the site still said 4-5 weeks. I just think after building about ten of these he should have had a better grasp on how long it would take to get caught up. And furthermore, I don't think he should keep selling more and more if the 'catching up' is no where in sight.
Again...just sayin'.

Last edited:

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Me, I'm a pretty patient woman. Maybe it's because I have plenty of PVs, so it's not like I'm left in the lurch or anything. Or maybe it's because I see Carlos more as a modder/artist as opposed to a pure business . . . products being built and individually crafted take more time . . . and it almost always takes more time than you would think. :) Or maybe it's the fact that I remember when I first started vaping how few choices we had, and so now I'm just pathetically grateful to see continuing innovation.

Whatever the case, it's clear to me that Carlos is working hard, and it's not like he's taking the money and running. ;)

I received a PM on another forum from Carlos telling me that my Juice Boxes should be ready to ship at the end of the week, thanking me for my continued patience. (Order date 12/2.) I'm hoping that he's in a position to ship mine out the end of the week because it will mean that he's making progress on catching up on the backlog. If it's delayed another week or two, though, I'm not losing any sleep. Like I said, I'm a patient gal. :)

I'll post when it arrives.

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
I believe that several posters here have valid points. When some of these people ordered their JB they were told it would be a 4/5 week wait. Now those same people have been waiting 8/9 weeks and still no JB. To add insult to injury they have received zero/none/nada/zip communication from Carlos. By simply following this board and that "other" board you can very quickly figure out that NOBODY has received a JB in over 3 weeks. Carlos acquired help nearly 11 days ago so its only right that these people should be asking where there JB is.

All of this could be avoided by the "manufacturer" simply posting information and updates about what is going on. Its one thing to wait patiently knowing he is a modder transitioning into a business. Following the posts and his product counter on the avejuice.com website you can deduce that he has sold about 340 JB at this time. Including the batteries and empty bottles and the bump in business to avejuice in selling liquid that they otherwise wouldnt have sold due to the JB thats nearly $35,000 collected so far. Its one thing when a modder cranks out a few mods for his friends and quite another when you have collected a years salary for most people and products are not showing up on peoples doorsteps. People need communication.

As a business owner myself i cant stress enough how important it is when you can meet your obligations and timelines to communicate to people what is going on, what you are doing to fix it, and lastly when you will make it right.

Just my 2 cents worth.

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
I believe that several posters here have valid points. When some of these people ordered their JB they were told it would be a 4/5 week wait. Now those same people have been waiting 8/9 weeks and still no JB. To add insult to injury they have received zero/none/nada/zip communication from Carlos. By simply following this board and that "other" board you can very quickly figure out that NOBODY has received a JB in over 3 weeks. Carlos acquired help nearly 11 days ago so its only right that these people should be asking where there JB is.

All of this could be avoided by the "manufacturer" simply posting information and updates about what is going on. Its one thing to wait patiently knowing he is a modder transitioning into a business. Following the posts and his product counter on the avejuice.com website you can deduce that he has sold about 340 JB at this time. Including the batteries and empty bottles and the bump in business to avejuice in selling liquid that they otherwise wouldnt have sold due to the JB thats nearly $35,000 collected so far. Its one thing when a modder cranks out a few mods for his friends and quite another when you have collected a years salary for most people and products are not showing up on peoples doorsteps. People need communication.

As a business owner myself i cant stress enough how important it is when you can meet your obligations and timelines to communicate to people what is going on, what you are doing to fix it, and lastly when you will make it right.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I couldn't agree with you more. It's never been about the wait it's been about the lack of communications and the fact he told me 4 to 5 weeks.

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
The JB should be listed on avejuice.com, but with a simple "out of stock" next to it until he catches up. If there is that much of a wait, stop taking orders for a week or 2 to get caught up. I don't care if he has a few people helping him, the backed up orders are still going to keep the process kind of slow. Please, if you don't wannna wait, do us all a favor and get your money back. It sucks, but its not like we all didnt know about the wait. And why not set up a twitter or facebook and post JB updates there. If he does that, the "wondering" can be at ease. Then once he get caught up on orders, start taking orders at a pace that your operation can handle. If you are 2 guys working in an apartment, take the amount of orders you are going to be able to handle. Everytime I glance at the counter on avejuice its a few digits less. Unless you're employing a crew of people ready to bang all these out in a week or 2, chill out on taking orders a little please! So in theory, my 1/16 JB will be 6 weeks, or more........I knew I should have ordered 2 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread