• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The rebuilt juice box

Status
Not open for further replies.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Jebey: sounds like we're both coming from the same place then :)

jcamacho: take that grey one out of your SB and slide it into your newly arrived baby ;) (BTW: not stalking you I just follow many threads)
Seriously though, I don't recommend using unprotected batts, however I'm using one in my little chuck as I type this. I am just always aware of the fact that it's in there and ready to take appropriate measures if the switch sticks or anything shorts. (and by appropriate measures I mean...toss it like grenade and duck).

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I agree with Thy on let it be (also remember THY () for OT is still OT :p)

jebey29 or someone stated that whjy can't he pop out one or two a day or something and that you can't believe one person hasn't received their order.... FWIW for the most part customers are QUICK to complain, but slow to praise..... some customers don't post either way.... SO just because you haven't heard of more people receiving them doesn't mean noone is receiving them....

customers are not obligated to let anyone know when/if they ordered and when/if they received it.

Yes there are alot of "it would be nice if" But it is what it is.... and people like Juicy are trying to help out and inform as much as possible.... IF someone doesn't like it... no matter how understandable it is.. there are other options... don't buy one or ask for a refund........ Everyone stated their concerns.. why not just see what happens in the public forum and save your issues to the email provided..... NO NEED TO REPEAT and POST the same thing (posts I am sure have been NOTED)

I am a consumer just like everyone else in the world (only I am registered :p) and I have had issues and haven't had issues through my life of consuming... and if there was an option I didn't like, as long as noone was twisting my arm... I reacted to it one way or another... last part might just be rambling so whatever

I am not a DUCK

Edit: thanks for your watchdoggin jebey and highping ... I will use your biz advice in the future :p when I push for the Fortune500

southwestern vapor

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
jcamacho: take that grey one out of your SB and slide it into your newly arrived baby
I was under the impression that they grey protected batts were a bit bigger than the blue unprotected ones therefore may not fit in the same charger/juice box. Is there any truth to this?
Also in the JB videos I'm pretty sure everyone was using the blue batts.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
LGD: not sure what your point is. repeated post? and FYI...if you take biz advise from me I can almost guarantee you will not make the fortune 500 :p I'm still giving my hours to 'the man'.

SV: the difference in length between protected and unprotected is only a few mm. The spring compression will usually allow either to be used.

radwor: sad....I guess all the 'unreported' JBs that LGD was talking about were ordered before yours :rolleyes:

BTW: just a philosophical thought...which is worse..those that complain or those that complain about the complainers :?:

Last edited:

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
In all of this, I think it could be Porphy that is hurt the most, since I ordered the JB through his site and paid him the money, in my eyes, he is the one responsible for delivering the product.

If the delays get even more out of control, I think it would reflect badly on his business.......If I were him, I might be demanding some answers.............

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Duplicate post.........duh
some of you have some good points.
I do agree he could or should build partial units while waiting for parts.
have someone else doing all the painting.
But if you think about it properly I would rather him working on the atty then anyone else.
Why? Because someone else could try to redo it and take and ruin his business & give us bunk units.

Yes he has a patent going on it.
Yes he lost his job (He has more time now then before)

But why not try to contact JUICEBOX EMAIL if you have any problems on your wait. You will be taken care of.

I personally do not know him or any of his helpers.
But I am a computer tech only 1 Person & there is no way 1 Person could please hundreds of people.

Carlos is doing what he can to keep everyone happy.. & get the product out.
He is 1 man Not a machine.

I ordered standard.. Why did I do that? (Anyone that can airbrush can paint the unit how you wish..) Oh ya it speeds the orders up not having to do custom grafix. And making sure they look right.. If you mess up you got to start over.

if a part for the atty don't properly work well disassemble then rebuild (Time Consuming)

Carlos is putting quality into his work.

I am waiting & when I ordered I knew the 6-7 weeks was just to help put people at ease knowing it will take a while. I also researched alot to see how far behind he truly was.

Request a refund if your not willing or happy to wait.. So the rest of us could get our unit faster.

also you can get skins to cover it. Which is 1 of my thoughts to doing...

For all your problems please think clearly & Properly
Try to understand others situations & Also Remember the more time People take to update you means more time That is taken from doing work.

Some want daily updates. Weekly updates. well think how long it will take to update everyone constantly. & that there is time needed for rest eating personal things & Life alone.

Last edited:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
I'm being patient...I won't bother them until my 7 weeks is just about up. Some clear and concise information would help quell some what seems to be mounting unrest over the delays.
Number one: it may be time to change the estimated date on the avejuice website. If people's orders from November aren't being shipped, the 6-7 weeks isn't going to happen.
Secondly, at the end of their long day, they, or someone else, could post "2/3/10. Shipped order #138, ordered 11/16/09". Instead of answering 300 emails per day, everyone could go to that post and leave them the frak alone.
Thirdly, it would be nice if he could offer a partial refund for the colored, etc., options and give directions to the sticker section of the nearest hobby lobby. If it takes him two hours to graphics up a box that he could be spending on the next order instead, frak the egotistical bastids. :p
Finally, the offer to refund delayed orders is more assuring to me than any post. It implies they're serious about getting these orders filled.

This is an ongoing lesson in the laws of supply and demand. If I were carlos, I'd double the price (I'd pay it to get my order quicker) for new units, and offer a discount code for the loudest people squawking. Once demand starts to slack off a bit, lower the price. It's kind of an douchey apple/mac business practice, but people do still buy them.

juicy97

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Again, to the people who are being patient and supportive I extend many thanks. The info I posted previously is all the info I have. I am just passing along what I am told. There is no reason for me to hold back anything, if I had an exact date, I would tell you.

I also stated in my previous post that if you are not willing to wait any longer, shoot me an email and I will get your money refunded.

Regarding Carlos needing to 'read the How to Spend a Saturday thread, there is a great deal more involved in putting the Juice Box together than there is in putting the Chuck together. I am not knocking the Chuck in any way, it's just that they are apples and oranges.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Again, to the people who are being patient and supportive I extend many thanks. The info I posted previously is all the info I have. I am just passing along what I am told. There is no reason for me to hold back anything, if I had an exact date, I would tell you.

I also stated in my previous post that if you are not willing to wait any longer, shoot me an email and I will get your money refunded.

Regarding Carlos needing to 'read the How to Spend a Saturday thread, there is a great deal more involved in putting the Juice Box together than there is in putting the Chuck together. I am not knocking the Chuck in any way, it's just that they are apples and oranges.

One email at the end of the day, or every couple of days saying "shipped up to order #138, order received 11/23/09" and then posted on a thread would be nice. If I've got order #137, I could then be assured mine just shipped. If I had order #175, I could know it would be coming soon. Something like that may ease a lot of minds. Carlos, or his JuiceBoxSlave could post once every day or two instead of answering a lot of pesky people every day. That way, instead of answering emails and pm's he can can spend more time building our coveted jb's.

Just a suggestion. :D

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Juicy97: Please don't take any of my previous emails personally. I realize that you are just passing along the info you receive. I also realize that carlos is very busy and can't keep everyone updated all the time.

As for reading the Saturday thread...I know the JB is (may be) more time consuming to produce than a chuck. My point in suggesting that, was not for Carlos to see how to build a mod. We all know he knows how to build a mod. My point was for Carlos to see how to keep customers happy in a situation where customer patience is required. There are no unhappy chuck owners (that I have found. If there are speak up, I would love to hear it) and every one of them had to wait an unknown amount of time to get their order.
The difference was that there were constant updates, or at least some indication that somebody was getting their order (ie pics of the newborns every day).
Here we have nothing except "carlos is busily building" and "orders should ship next week". What we really would like to see is "x number of boxes shipped out today" or "shipped orders from 11-27 today" or something (anything) that lets us know that he is actually moving up the list.
As it stands, I have seen no indication over the last three weeks that ANY have been shipped or received. And I understand that not everybody that gets one is going to immediately jump on here to say they got it. But nobody? in all this time?
So maybe you can find out for us...did any ship out the door today? any this week? last three weeks?

I am a very patient person. I have no problem waiting (would never have ordered if I did). And I will not ask for a refund. I'll wait til July if that's what it is. What I am having a problem with is just being left in the dark with no real updates except generic "were working on it" type communications.

And the reason I post here is because sending an email will just bog down the whole process. Also, I'm pretty sure there are others here that are thinking the same things that I am posting, but are afraid of the blow-back that is sure to come from such posts. (as has been demonstrated several times in this thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread