• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The rebuilt juice box

Status
Not open for further replies.

juicy97

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Hi guys! My name is Janice and I am a friend of Carlos's & a sorum member directed me to this thread with the hopes that I could answer some of your guys' questions. Thanks to that member for directing me here. I have recently started helping him out with the emails and various other things. I am not a supplier, I am not paid... I am simply a friend helping out a friend.

I completely understand where some of your guys' frustration is coming from. I first want to start out by saying a big THANK YOU to those of you who have been patient and understanding of all of the delays in getting your juice Boxes. I also want to appologize to those of you who are upset with your extended wait times.

Carlos did have some issues with the supplier and various other bumps in the road recently. All of this has just added to the wait time. He is working VERY hard on getting caught up. You guys have to understand, this is one guy with one newly acquired helper. He is not a manufacturer who mass produces these things. He also personally tests every juice Box before he sends it out.

About the issue of order numbers and some people having them & some not. If you ordered directly from Carlos, you will not have an order number. If you ordered from the AVE site, you will have an order number. Also, the order numbers from AVE are not just for the juice box. Each time someone places something in the cart, it assigns an order number. Therefore those numbers include every order from AVE... not just Juice Boxes.

If you guys have any questions regarding your order, please email me and I will try my best to get you a general idea on where you are on the list. If you are unhappy with the wait time, email me and I will certainly get you a refund issued.

Again, I truly apologize for the extended delay.

Janice
juiceboxmod@hotmail.com

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California
Hi guys! My name is Janice and I am a friend of Carlos's & a sorum member directed me to this thread with the hopes that I could answer some of your guys' questions. Thanks to that member for directing me here. I have recently started helping him out with the emails and various other things. I am not a supplier, I am not paid... I am simply a friend helping out a friend.

I completely understand where some of your guys' frustration is coming from. I first want to start out by saying a big THANK YOU to those of you who have been patient and understanding of all of the delays in getting your Juice Boxes. I also want to appologize to those of you who are upset with your extended wait times.

Carlos did have some issues with the supplier and various other bumps in the road recently. All of this has just added to the wait time. He is working VERY hard on getting caught up. You guys have to understand, this is one guy with one newly acquired helper. He is not a manufacturer who mass produces these things. He also personally tests every Juice Box before he sends it out.

About the issue of order numbers and some people having them & some not. If you ordered directly from Carlos, you will not have an order number. If you ordered from the AVE site, you will have an order number. Also, the order numbers from AVE are not just for the juice box. Each time someone places something in the cart, it assigns an order number. Therefore those numbers include every order from AVE... not just Juice Boxes.

If you guys have any questions regarding your order, please email me and I will try my best to get you a general idea on where you are on the list. If you are unhappy with the wait time, email me and I will certainly get you a refund issued.

Again, I truly apologize for the extended delay.

Janice
juiceboxmod@hotmail.com

What order date is he up to? And how many of these is he making a day? We are tired of hearing 4 or 5 weeks out then the next week it's 6 or 7 then it's 8 or 9. We just want to be kept informed, it's that simple.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
1. I sent a quick email to juiceboxmod@hotmail.com and did get a prompt reply. Has anyone else? Janice has been johnny on the spot responding to my dumba$$ queries... A post about "Hey, we've shipped all orders placed on or before 12-12-09" would be nice.

2. You know, I wish he'd skip the custom graphics and colors if it would get them out the door quicker...I could go to frakkn' hobby lobby and sticker mine up really good.

3. This is a lesson in the laws of supply and demand. It's obvious that people are willing to pay more than $90 for the mod; I would have upped the price and used a discount code to salve the loudest squawkers and lowered it once demand started to taper off. That's kind of an apple douchey business practice, but hey, people still buy macs.

4. Thanks to the generosity and ingenuity of a modder, I may be getting a mod similar to the juice box within the next week or two. It won't have the atty with carlos' special sauce, but it and my exhaler should tide me over until the jb2 arrives.

Last edited:

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
juicy97-you are a good friend! And no-I have no questions, as I knew when I ordered it was going to be a "wait my turn in line" purchase. Tell Carlos to 'breathe' and keep on calmly and precisely producing a great pv. Thanks to you for taking time out of your day to lend a hand!

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Juicy97, Thanks for taking the time to give us some comm. Although it was nice to hear from someone on the carlos team, it was still not all that informative. Kinda the same info we all already had.

As Harpo stated, I think you only need to give two pieces of information to calm the masses.
1) how many shipped out today
2) what order date(s) were they from
Just take 1 minute each day to give us that. That's all I need to follow the progression toward my date.

I think Carlos should go read the "how to spend a saturday" thread to see how it should be done ;) (wait I take that back, Carlos should build JBs, and have someone else read it to him while he works)

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
juicy97-you are a good friend! And no-I have no questions, as I knew when I ordered it was going to be a "wait my turn in line" purchase. Tell Carlos to 'breathe' and keep on calmly and precisely producing a great pv. Thanks to you for taking time out of your day to lend a hand!

I have several responses but i will start with this one.

He is not exactly producing anything right now. Nobody has gotten a juice box in over 3 weeks....maybe longer.

Carlos may be overwhelmed but can you tell anybody on this forum or over at the other place that with a helper he is unable to produce and ship out even 1 of these per day?

This is why everybody is frustrated!!

Then another one of his friends comes on here and says he is working like crazy and sorry for the delays and he will get to you as soon as he can. Again....that tells everybody exactly nothing. And then the last line of their post is if you are unhappy just ask for a refund. What? Why would people wait for 2.5 to 3 months and then ask for a refund? They just want their product when it was promised to them and if that delivery date cant be met then they also want to be informed as to why and when exactly it will be delivered.

Is that to much to ask?

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I have several responses but i will start with this one.

He is not exactly producing anything right now. Nobody has gotten a juice box in over 3 weeks....maybe longer.

Carlos may be overwhelmed but can you tell anybody on this forum or over at the other place that with a helper he is unable to produce and ship out even 1 of these per day?

This is why everybody is frustrated!!

Then another one of his friends comes on here and says he is working like crazy and sorry for the delays and he will get to you as soon as he can. Again....that tells everybody exactly nothing. And then the last line of their post is if you are unhappy just ask for a refund. What? Why would people wait for 2.5 to 3 months and then ask for a refund? They just want their product when it was promised to them and if that delivery date cant be met then they also want to be informed as to why and when exactly it will be delivered.

Is that to much to ask?

My response was to juicy97, as I stated, and was my response. I do not respond for others.

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA
Here's an idea. Everyone who has a JB loves it. This design is revolutionary and will only grow in demand if it can get in peoples hands. Carlos initial orders for the JB will only double or triple if they can just reach everyone in a timely manner. Since he is new to the business world i will make a few suggestions.

1. Hire 5 employees now. Friends, neighbors, friends of friends or complete strangers. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to cut screws or paint boxes or glue magnets on the boxes. Pay them $10 Hour or less if you can get away with it. Thats $50 hour or $400 per work day and $2000 per week. This crew should be able to put 20/30 completed boxes together per day or 100/150 per week. On this timeline he could be caught up in 2 weeks.

2. With the added production keep the crew in place and have them make an additional 300 JB's for future orders. Total labor cost for 600 boxes is $8000. Now hand pick your crew and keep 2 of your employees for current and future production and let the others go.

3. Current owners will "advertise" the product for you. If they are as great as we all think they are then those 300 extra units are going to sell in days. I will order 3 more if I fall in love with the first one.

4. Watch inventory like a hawk, be proactive with orders/shipments of parts, and sit back and enjoy the windfall !!

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
How about he will do things the way he wants/needs to and you will choose to be a customer or not. And if you are at the point where you are so annoyed with waiting that you are going to jump down the throat of anyone who chooses not to be as frustrated as you are over it then you should get a refund and be done with it.

Everyone who is frustrated has a right to be since the wait is longer than was stated. That however doesn't give anyone the right to try and dictate how others react to the situation.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Agreed jeby...and 600 boxes at 90 bucks each is $54k gross. minus material cost and the $8k labor (that's a complete guess, you have to realize, but probably not too far off), and you are probably at about, 35k pure profit. Not bad for a couple months.

And I agree 100% that the order rates are going to go way up if the wait time goes down. I wanted to order another myself, but figured I would wait to get the first one to see if it works as well as everyone says. If it does, I will order several more (but only if I can get them in no more than a couple weeks.) I can't imagine how many people see the JB and say "I want one", then go to the site and see "6-8 weeks", and just say F-it, I'll just get something else.

And under that plan, not only would carlos be supporting a few employees, but he could use the extra free time he would then have to come up with the next thing. The JB will eventually saturate the market (if he ever gets any out the door), but people are always going to be looking for the next thing even after they get their JB. And carlos obviously has the skills to come up with that next great thing, he just needs some free time to do it.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
How about he will do things the way he wants/needs to and you will choose to be a customer or not. And if you are at the point where you are so annoyed with waiting that you are going to jump down the throat of anyone who chooses not to be as frustrated as you are over it then you should get a refund and be done with it.

Everyone who is frustrated has a right to be since the wait is longer than was stated. That however doesn't give anyone the right to try and dictate how others react to the situation.

Hi Thy

In jebys defence (and mine I guess) I don't think he is trying to tell Carlos how to run his life or anything. Just trying to give some suggestions on how he could improve his current business model.
and I am not as much frustrated with the wait (i am but...). It's more that I hate to see Carlos loose all the business he is going to end up loosing as a resault of obviously not doing things in an efficient and effective manner.
The JB is Carlos' idea and creation, but before he can even fill the orders he got two months ago, there are going to be people making knockoffs and cutting in on him. (already are)
Bottom line: If he could improve his methods, he would come out on top in the end.
I would like to see carlos be successful more than I want to get my JB "right now". In truth, IDK where jeby is coming from, but that's where I'm coming from.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Hi Thy

In jebys defence (and mine I guess) I don't think he is trying to tell Carlos how to run his life or anything. Just trying to give some suggestions on how he could improve his current business model.
and I am not as much frustrated with the wait (i am but...). It's more that I hate to see Carlos loose all the business he is going to end up loosing as a resault of obviously not doing things in an efficient and effective manner.
The JB is Carlos' idea and creation, but before he can even fill the orders he got two months ago, there are going to be people making knockoffs and cutting in on him. (already are)
Bottom line: If he could improve his methods, he would come out on top in the end.
I would like to see carlos be successful more than I want to get my JB "right now". In truth, IDK where jeby is coming from, but that's where I'm coming from.

As you know I spend way to much time on here. I have seen plenty of posts by plenty of people and the last line of that is exactly what makes all the difference in my responses. ;)

(p.s. Off-topic: did you ever end up with any of the Freedom btw? If not the offer still stands)

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
As you know I spend way to much time on here. I have seen plenty of posts by plenty of people and the last line of that is exactly what makes all the difference in my responses. ;)

(p.s. Off-topic: did you ever end up with any of the Freedom btw? If not the offer still stands)

Still off topic: I did get a sample of the freedom. It's pretty good. very similar to smooth-8 without the "7 parts pepper":p I still like the newpure the most though. I may hold to that offer on someting in the future, but for now I'm set Thx.
...and you do spend way too much time on these boards:D

Back on topic: How many people got their JB today?...pics or it didn't happen...what date is he on...etc...etc.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY

I got some Freedom don't particularly care for it. ?????

don't want to take over this thread with that but I will say make sure you give it a couple days first. after that if you don't like it still send me a msg ;)

Still off topic: I did get a sample of the freedom. It's pretty good. very similar to smooth-8 without the "7 parts pepper":p I still like the newpure the most though. I may hold to that offer on someting in the future, but for now I'm set Thx.
...and you do spend way too much time on these boards:D

Back on topic: How many people got their JB today?...pics or it didn't happen...what date is he on...etc...etc.

very much my experience with it for about the first week tbh. and then after that completely changed lost any pepper taste whatsoever and the cedar taste grew and has stayed ever since. glad you got some though and the offer will stand.

and yes I do lol

--------------

and ...... now back to your regularly scheduled program......

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
I was asked to pass this on...and since it supports my posts... :p ...

nekkidnorman said:
Sorry about pm'ing you - but I don't feel like joining the JB group just to post one message.

I agree with what you wrote about Carlos losing business b/c of inefficient business practices. I have been considering my first mod purchase and I probably would go with a JB if they were in stock, ready to ship, or even 2 weeks out like a Chuck. Months out (best case scenario) doesn't inspire confidence and therefore I'll go with something else and maybe revisit the JB down the road sometime.

Just my $.01

Feel free to pass this on to the thread if you'd like.

BTW: I assume this is ok when permission is given.

jcamacho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Corpus Christi, Texas
Kinda off topic but related to JB. I ordered the 18650 battery thats required for the JB from Alien Vision,Carlos site I suppose. They sent me a blue Ultra fire that I just learned is unprotected. The gray one is protected as I found out when installing in my new Silver Bullet (came with it). I have heard bad stories about unprotected batteries and warnings not to use them, is this important? If so, why would you want to sell me an unprotected battery for such a phenomenon like the JB? Does anyone know if this is a big issue to raise or are the unprotected batteries safe for the JB? I would not want to take a chance on blowing up my JB or my face for that matter.

jebey29

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Winnsboro,LA

In retrospect maybe i was a little to sarcastic and negative in my postings. Where am i coming from? I want to see Carlos succeed as much as the next person. I ordered my JB aware of what the time frame is for receiving one. But now im seeing people that have ordered in November who still have not received there JB. So yes, i got paranoid and worried. I made suggestions because obviously Carlos is struggling and i would think he would want any help he could get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread