• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The rebuilt juice box

Status
Not open for further replies.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
poor carlos! carlos IS a very dependable guy and has given so much to the vaping community.

i imagine all of us waiting for our JB's have other vaping devices, so please be patient. carlos is meticulous and checking each one before he sends it out.

personally, i applaud carlos for taking his time. i prefer that to someone banging them out with faulty parts.

now i want to hear the down and dirty about those that got theirs! how many pumps to wet the atty? how bad is the TH? how nic'd up are you? 8-o

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
they have put Carlos on hold for being a supplier, of which he is not. He is a manufacturer.

Point of clarification. Suppliers and Manufacturers are treated the same per ECF guidelines. The point being there are selling/making ecig hardware/supplies for profit.

This was not any kind of "punitive" action by ECF. Just expecting people who engage in the sale of ecig products to follow the forum guidelines as laid out by SJ that all suppliers/manufacturers are required ot adhere to. It is actually a fairly easy process to register. While I respect that Carlos is busy, it really wouldn't take long to get set up properly so his forum privileges could be restored (under the supplier guidelines, of course)

Lest anyone doubt my motives, I have a JB on order as well.

Last edited:

radwor

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
san diego
No apparently not JF, my JB came with paint no biggie, but I told him long ago that i wanted it bare, just not into glossy metal flake. the 2 cover screws were bottomed in the standoffs so the magnets didn't hold the cover but it's a easy fix just back them out and holds great now, but why ship like that? Also an unfortunate choice for the switch, it does work...most of the time not always and if it's quiet you can hear the click but can't feel the click, again no biggie. For me the Vape is alot like an 801 but more wet, too wet. I,m spoiled i guess with my 510 at 5v (actual 5v regulated or boosted, I use both) that pumps out consistent warm vape. The JB puts out some good volume and hit but hard to compete with 5v, not bad considering it runs on 1 battery. Another unexpected downside for me is that it makes my favorite juice taste so very different and not in a good way, sort of like it would taste if I drank it (could be from the condensation in the whistle tip). I was surprised to find the atty is only 2 ohm. maybe big wire. Oh and for all the "detonator" haters the JB has plenty of JB(weld) it's ideal for mating the bottle top to the atty.
These are just my first impressions and who knows I might like it more as I use it, you know how that happens sometimes. Or I might pass it along for someone else to try. But for sure I won't be tossing my 510 or KR any time soon.
JMHO
poor carlos! carlos IS a very dependable guy and has given so much to the vaping community.

i imagine all of us waiting for our JB's have other vaping devices, so please be patient. carlos is meticulous and checking each one before he sends it out.

personally, i applaud carlos for taking his time. i prefer that to someone banging them out with faulty parts.

now i want to hear the down and dirty about those that got theirs! how many pumps to wet the atty? how bad is the TH? how nic'd up are you? 8-o

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Not exactly a raving review there radwor :(
Everyone has different tastes though, and I think it may just need a little break-in and learning period (fingers crossed).
I kinda like the 'thickness' of the vapor that I get from an 801 (but only at 6V). And I like the 'dryish' warm vapor of a 510 at 5V. So from what you are saying, with the right bottle technique, I might be able to get it somewhere in between those two. (fingers crossed again).

All of us are waiting for reviews (whether they are good or bad), so thanks for giving your thoughts. and keep us updated as you get more used to it.

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal
No apparently not JF, my JB came with paint no biggie, but I told him long ago that i wanted it bare, just not into glossy metal flake. the 2 cover screws were bottomed in the standoffs so the magnets didn't hold the cover but it's a easy fix just back them out and holds great now, but why ship like that? Also an unfortunate choice for the switch, it does work...most of the time not always and if it's quiet you can hear the click but can't feel the click, again no biggie. For me the Vape is alot like an 801 but more wet, too wet. I,m spoiled i guess with my 510 at 5v (actual 5v regulated or boosted, I use both) that pumps out consistent warm vape. The JB puts out some good volume and hit but hard to compete with 5v, not bad considering it runs on 1 battery. Another unexpected downside for me is that it makes my favorite juice taste so very different and not in a good way, sort of like it would taste if I drank it (could be from the condensation in the whistle tip). I was surprised to find the atty is only 2 ohm. maybe big wire. Oh and for all the "detonator" haters the JB has plenty of JB(weld) it's ideal for mating the bottle top to the atty.
These are just my first impressions and who knows I might like it more as I use it, you know how that happens sometimes. Or I might pass it along for someone else to try. But for sure I won't be tossing my 510 or KR any time soon.
JMHO

As a strictly 510 5/6v user, that's quite possibly the total opposite of what I'd hoped to hear :p

radwor

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
san diego
Good points Highping, I think your right about the technique. As I vape it more it gets better. It does hit the wall thou if vaped too much, the copper gets too hot and screws the vape. Now if I could work out the condensation in the tip(and then on my tongue) I'd be pretty happy. there's a learning curve with the juice pump feature, but that capability alone make it totally worth it. I think I could get used to no dripping or carto filling.

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I was surprised to find the atty is only 2 ohm. maybe big wire.

Interesting. Assuming the resistance stays constant when the atty heats up, then the JB is making 6.85 watts of heat at 3.7 volts.

By comparison, a 510 atty at 2.5 ohms makes:
5.48 watts at 3.7 volts
10 watts at 5 volts
14.4 watts at 6 volts

BTW, the formula for figuring this out is V2/R = P ... Where V=Volts, R = Ohms and P = Watts.

Last edited:

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
As I vape it more it gets better.

If it is a wick-less coil, then it is probably slowly building up a layer of a coarse, resin like material on the atty wire, which would allow fresh juice to adhere better, (more juice on the coil, less harsh). But, I don't know if it's wick-less or not.

It does hit the wall thou if vaped too much, the copper gets too hot and screws the vape.

Is the atomizer coil made of copper? I would have suspected nichrome.

Now if I could work out the condensation in the tip(and then on my tongue) I'd be pretty happy. there's a learning curve with the juice pump feature, but that capability alone make it totally worth it. I think I could get used to no dripping or carto filling.

Yep. I think we could all live without THAT! Don't forget the joy of NOT having to buy atty's and cartos, or worrying about if your carto material is burning. Hopefully the JB is going to relieve us of the tedium of vaping.

Last edited:
Hopefully the JB is going to relieve us of the tedium of vaping.

It certainly should! Do keep in mind that the atomizer will EVENTUALLY fail (though it will likely be quite some time before it does) so let's not give anyone any delusions about the Juicebox being their only device... if only because Carlos currently doesn't have the time to make extra atomizers for people to keep on hand in the event of a failure... Though I'm sure any repairs that would have to be made by Carlos would be done so quickly and with a smile :)
Even after the JB gets here I'm going to be sure to keep a bunch of 510 atties on hand to use with my Black SB. I'm sure both will get equal attention once I give the JB a thorough break-in ;)

Carlos is a really great guy, and he's one of very few people who I have trust in to deliver a well made device.

Ordered: 1/29

Last edited:

radwor

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
san diego
I'd like to also hear feedback on the ability to drip a different flavor than what is in the resevoir then just pump to return to resevoir flavor. Does that work well? Or do you taste a mixture of flavors when you try that? Thanks to any new CJB owners willing to put in a .02 for those of us waiting. :)
Greyz, Yep it works, just like the prophy video showed.

If it is a wick-less coil, then it is probably slowly building up a layer of a coarse, resin like material on the atty wire, which would allow fresh juice to adhere better, (more juice on the coil, less harsh). But, I don't know if it's wick-less or not.
Probably wick-less not core-less. There is a dog-leg in the housing so it's not easy to see the coil.

Is the atomizer coil made of copper? I would have suspected nichrome.
I was refering to the copper or brass housing for the coil, it soaks the heat from the nichrome wire coil and can get pretty warm with heavy vaping, no suprise there.

Yep. I think we could all live without THAT! Don't forget the joy of NOT having to buy atty's and cartos, or worrying about if your carto material is burning. Hopefully the JB is going to relieve us of the tedium of vaping.

radwor

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
san diego
Or more importantly my 510(3 ohm) @ 5v = 8.33 watts.
or how about my 801(4 ohm) @ 5v =6.25 kinda makes sense that it reminds me more of 801 than 510 @ 5v.

Interesting. Assuming the resistance stays constant when the atty heats up, then the JB is making 6.85 watts of heat at 3.7 volts.

By comparison, a 510 atty at 2.5 ohms makes:
5.48 watts at 3.7 volts
10 watts at 5 volts
14.4 watts at 6 volts

BTW, the formula for figuring this out is V2/R = P ... Where V=Volts, R = Ohms and P = Watts.

Big Hit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2009
Inver Grove Heights MN
Not exactly a raving review there radwor :(
Everyone has different tastes though, and I think it may just need a little break-in and learning period (fingers crossed).
I kinda like the 'thickness' of the vapor that I get from an 801 (but only at 6V). And I like the 'dryish' warm vapor of a 510 at 5V. So from what you are saying, with the right bottle technique, I might be able to get it somewhere in between those two. (fingers crossed again).

All of us are waiting for reviews (whether they are good or bad), so thanks for giving your thoughts. and keep us updated as you get more used to it.

As a strictly 510 5/6v user, that's quite possibly the total opposite of what I'd hoped to hear :p

I just received a Juice Box and I agree with radwor about it not having as much zip or flavor as a 510 at 5 volts.
The JB seems very sensitive to the amount of juice primed on the atomizer in regard to flavor and vapor.
Had I not bought VP PT I wouldn't have realized how great that combo is.
I'm going to continue vaping with the JB and I hope that the hits will improve as the atomizer ages.

Switching between the two ( VP & JB ),I'm convinced that the flavor and throat hit is superior with the VP.

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
...even if my (on-order) JB doesn't end up being a go-to PV for me, I'll treasure the extra feeling of security it will lend to my stockpile. Heck, worst case scenario is that I could leave it pretty much pristine, and call it into service only once all my blank cartos and atties had bitten it. And to me that's quite a rosy 'worst case;' enough of a relief that it will make having a JB worthwhile almost regardless of where it ends up falling in my own personal preference ranks.

....which is NOT to say that I'm already anticipating not being very smitten with it or anything. Just that for the above reason, I'm relatively unworried about exactly how deep my affection will be, as long as it does work and does vape. :nun:

(Now, the later part where you have to hear about all kinds of changes and improvements to something you've already bought an earlier version of is another matter as far as feeling at peace lol. :rolleyes: But hey, that's life of course, and in this game in particular we can't safely count on having the luxury of lots of time to decide whether to pull the trigger on purchases.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread