The REO Lounge (was...The REO grand opening sale)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
morning Delilah...
dfdfasd.gif

Why thank you kind sir :D How are you? :)

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Good day/night/morning Fine Folk. Just checking in for a second.

DH has hardly been sick a day we have been married, 35 years. A couple of Flu episodes, very sick with bronchitis, first month, when he started vaping and a couple of headaches. He doesn't take well to babying.

It was a shocker when they found the tumor in his heart chamber a couple of years ago, the size of a golf ball. No symptoms. And it is in a spot where it is not supposed to cause turbulence enough to form clots. Well last Sat, when I picked him up from airport a nurse called him about a patient, when we were driving home, and he ended the call with "tell xxxx I'm okay." He wasn't going to tell me what happened but then had to. He had a TIA Sat morning at work, no symptoms other than he couldn't remember any of the staff members' names. It didn't affect his work at all or remembering anything else. He took two aspirins. TIA usually cause no damage but can be a predictor of impending stroke but usually clear up withing a couple of hours. He still was not remembering all the names 12 hours later. He doesn't have high blood pressure, colesteral not extremely high but takes statins, the only medication he takes. No familial stroke history or arterial diseases, for many generations, and many living, activly well into 90s, even the smokers. Cancer is what got a few who went prior 90s. Occasionally his blood pressure falls when he vapes, like into the 40's but he won't tell the heart team, watching his tumor, because he doesn't want them to know he is using nicotine. He won't get an IMR or Ct-scan and I haven't asked him if he has remembered all the names. All other memory is about the same, which isn't as good as it was last year. He is 76. He just doesn't want to talk about it. He wouldn't hear of me going with him today, long day, with 8 hours driving, in addition to work day, even though I've told him his Wednesdays are one of the life traumas I'm am so glad to be giving that one up. Today was his last long day like that except for when he fills in for another doctor. Now I can replace that trama with the stroke worry trauma. He's secretly doing research but doesn't want me to know. When he left this morning he promised me he would try to do it "well" if he stroked out driving 80 mphs on highway, so I wouldn't have a veggie to take care of. I'm afraid his heart is starting to throw some small clots. Oh well, the "joys" of aging.

We're both wondering if his abrupt drop from nic level of 24 mg to 8 mg contributed to it. Stranger things have happened.

Well, I've certainly hijacked Jamie's good news reports. Jamie, I'm so glad hubby has done so well. Is he doing PT? I've got to get back into the weight training for my shoulder. I've slipped some and can surely feel it.

Night all. Sleep well. Early morning for me and full day. I'm liking these full days more and more now that I'm feeling not so puny and things are getting done.

Hugs and Peace, Alice

{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

Men and doctors are bad enough when it comes to dealing with health issues, but male doctors are the worst.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
I have to go very easy on the red, sadly, because of migraines. My every day is Franzia Crisp White. It is one of the very few that don't give me a headache if I drink too much and it is the cheapest @$12 a box. It is one of the few cheap wines I can drink without food and is great for wine coolers, which are my favorite for working around the place, usually mixed with v8 Fusion Lite with a splash of sparkly flavored water or a bit of Mio and sparkly water sans V8.

Alice

Thanks for the recommendation. I rarely drink white wine, never tried the Franzia Crisp White (I stay away from their reds, eww) but I was looking for an inexpensive one for Kir.

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
G'day Delilah, how is ya??
Sorry I didn't see your good morning till now. I've been trying to catch up and got to the last page and saw your post. Though it is good timing as it is now 12:12am on Friday here now.

Dave...

Yes, it is good timing, you're all caught up and probably ready to say goodnight :) It's 10:15a here in NYC, and I'm still having coffee :D

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
G'day Delilah, how is ya??
Sorry I didn't see your good morning till now. I've been trying to catch up and got to the last page and saw your post. Though it is good timing as it is now 12:12am on Friday here now.

Dave...

Hello Dave! Good to see you so early Friday morning! I think I am getting the time difference straight now! You and Alisanne keep me in check.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
Cool banner Dave -- "Davelog rockin' on the Reo"

"Reos Rock My Vape"

heeheeeee

Thanks! I'm using my newly-honed dynamic image skills to make a quit banner for our local vaping lounge's website, and I'm wearing this one for a few days to stress-test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread