The REOville lounge

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
My notes say it's this size:
#2-56 x 7/8" Phillips Drive Flat Head Grade 18-8 Stainless Steel Machine Screw | Fastenal
McMaster-Carr
Have never ordered to confirm tho.

Edit: However measuring one shows 13/16" total length?
This is for a Grand bought in 2015
Where is Rob when you need him?:(

Well I guess the screws that I have must be miss marked, because they are not 7/8" long. Maybe they are for my 14500 or my P67. :oops:

KAS

Okay when I first replied to this post I did not see the edit, maybe the screw length was changed, somewhere along the line. The grands that I have are the ones that don't have that catch cup or well on top. I would not think that would change this screw length though. :?:

Last edited:

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    sweet! let's see what i can find. even if I cannot find a direct fit, I'm sure there's something out there we can use.

I'll give it a shot if the shipping isn't too expensive and I'll report back here.

Well I guess the screws that I have must be miss marked, because they are not 7/8" long. Maybe they are for my 14500 or my P67. :oops:

KAS

Okay when I first replied to this post I did not see the edit, maybe the screw length was changed, somewhere along the line. The grands that I have are the ones that don't have that catch cup or well on top. I would not think that would change this screw length though. :?:
    It could be Rob had them custom made?, as I'm not finding any with a 13/16" length.
    Maybe have to shorten them to fit?
    I don't have a P67 so can't compare with the Grand, the screw may be different sizes?
    You might find something in these threads:
    REO grand delrin screw site:www.e-cigarette-forum.com - Google Search
    or this thread:
    REO Measurements, Parts, & Terminology

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    I found this quote, by zmauls:

Edit: For those interested in an identical fix for stripped backing, here is the link for the exact screws our Reo Grands use; 2-56, 7/8".

Machine screws, Phillips flat head, Stainless steel 18-8, #2-56 x 7/8" - Bolt Depot

For the fix pictured, I used a 2-56, 1" screw and its matching nut and washer. Alternate screw sizes can be found by clicking the "2-56" link on the left under "Stainless Steel 18-8." The other fix, which requires an insert, can actually be viewed by looking closely at the photo titled "Naked!" (3rd photo in the post).

I'll order some of these. I am kind of blind, because I have absolutely no idea about screws or the metric system or measurements. I am completely mathematically inept lol. If these work, I'll let ya'll know!!!!!

Reactions: puffon

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I found this quote, by zmauls:

I'll order some of these. I am kind of blind, because I have absolutely no idea about screws or the metric system or measurements. I am completely mathematically inept lol. If these work, I'll let ya'll know!!!!!
    Good find.
    That's probably where I took my notes from.
    Odd that the spare I bought is slightly shorter?
    Go easy with it, as you probably know that screw hole is the most vulnerable area on a Grand IMO.
    Easy to strip.
    Let us know if the screw works...

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 11, 2011
    Vape Canaveral, FL
    Howdy, REOfam.

We had two cool nights here in Central Florida recently (60s at night) and it's beginning to feel a bit like fall.

I've got five flavors rotating through my Grand and life is good.

I hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected.

Prosit!

PapawBrett

Retired
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2012
    Monroe NC
    The new REOVille ? We needed one.
    One of my oldest Classic Grands crapped out on me. After seven years pf daily use, the firing pin failed by breaking off. That's the brass one from the 510 that you push down, with the plunger, onto the top of the battery. It's one of the few REOS pieces I don't have.
    Any suggestions ?

• Optimistic
    Reactions: kas122461

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    You mean this piece? The flat part that makes contact?
    BA536103-B397-4AD8-941B-816E3A68BC61.jpeg

Reactions: kas122461

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2013
    Gabriola Island, Canada
    Howdy folks. Soooo... it's been a year since I last vaped. After 30 years of smoking and 7 years of vaping, I guess this is me now. Just as surely as I'd reach for a .... with morning tea or pick up my mod while enjoying a nice scotch, I now just... don't. No impulses whatsoever.

Never would have thought that possible. Never could have done it without REOs. :headbang:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 25, 2014
    NY
    Howdy folks. Soooo... it's been a year since I last vaped. After 30 years of smoking and 7 years of vaping, I guess this is me now. Just as surely as I'd reach for a .... with morning tea or pick up my mod while enjoying a nice scotch, I now just... don't. No impulses whatsoever.

Never would have thought that possible. Never could have done it without REOs. :headbang:
    Congratulations my friend! That's a major achievement. I'll join you eventually. I grow weary of refilling, rewicking and just general upkeep of my habit. I still enjoy vaping too much to quit at this point, but eventually the lazy side of me will win.

I'm proud of your accomplishment :thumb:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY

Congratulation, Papa. You were so instrumental in my leaving cigarettes behind seven years ago (I never forgot), perhaps you will be the inspiration again.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois

Great to hear you don't need it anymore...:rickroll: I know the feeling well as it will be 4 yrs for me come January since I last vaped and I haven't had any urges to vape or smoke since I quit. I smoked for almost 45 yrs and vaped for I believe 6 yrs and though once it would never end, but sure am in a better place today and owe my debt of gratitude to not only Rob but to Russ as well... :banana:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2013
    Gabriola Island, Canada
    Congratulations my friend! That's a major achievement. I'll join you eventually. I grow weary of refilling, rewicking and just general upkeep of my habit. I still enjoy vaping too much to quit at this point, but eventually the lazy side of me will win.

I'm proud of your accomplishment :thumb:

Sloth, my man :toast:

Yeah, it just... happened. Sure, I was headed to visit some countries that come down hard on vaping, but getting ready for that was as simple as putting the mod and juice in a cupboard. After I came back I never once had to slap my hand for reaching to open that cupboard.

Twice, I pulled out some gear to demonstrate vaping to some friends who wanted to get into it. Both times, I vaped 2-3 puffs. Nothing. No "ooo... that feels good" at all. Both times, my buds left with some REO gear and fixings.

On another tangent, I cannot wait for AC: Valhalla to drop on the 10th :banana:. I've been making due with some replaying of Divinity 2 in the meantime.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2013
    Gabriola Island, Canada
    Congratulation, Papa. You were so instrumental in my leaving cigarettes behind seven years ago (I never forgot), perhaps you will be the inspiration again.

Grazie mille, Signore :toast:

Y'know - I was just paying forward what I got when I came to REOVille. Not to be maudlin, but the place was special back in the day. Still good people in here now, of course, but we all know there was a special energy back then.

Very glad to have been of some help to you.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2013
    Gabriola Island, Canada
    Great to hear you don't need it anymore...:rickroll: I know the feeling well as it will be 4 yrs for me come January since I last vaped and I haven't had any urges to vape or smoke since I quit. I smoked for almost 45 yrs and vaped for I believe 6 yrs and though once it would never end, but sure am in a better place today and owe my debt of gratitude to not only Rob but to Russ as well... :banana:

You know, I thought of you when I was preparing to quit. You made it sound natural - unlike anything I ever heard or experienced with trying to quit smoking. I thought "if an OG vet can have it happen, I can, too".

I also think it's great that you still pop in from time to time.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    WOW! I hadnt checked into ECF for a couple weeks. REOville sure got busy! It is so interesting that even though I have never met any of you in person, I feel a closeness. You are definitely deep in my heart.
    Congratulations @Papa_Lazarou for your 1 year, no vape! And how you did it. And yes, it is so cool that you and @muzichead circle around and share how you are doing. This info will come in handy for others (and me?).

I don’t foresee myself quitting anytime soon but I hear you @Sloth Tonight re feeling a bit slothful about maintenance. Haha. But who knows. I really didn’t have a desire to stop smoking but an approaching surgery years ago opened the window to willingness and Reoville put out the welcome mat. ❤️

Just checking @PapawBrett if you found the part you need to fix your Reo? Let us know, cause we could probably find you one.

Hugs all around gang.

Users who are viewing this thread