The REOville lounge

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Hello :)

My vaping days are drawing to a close. I'm down to 0.5mg/ml and plan to mix my next bottle at 0mg. Vape on that for a bit, then stop. Not sure how difficult this will be for me. I'm highly addicted to the act of vaping, as I have a very addictive personality. But I think it will work out fine, and if not, it's not like I'm concerned about my health should I feel a need/desire to continue vaping. I'm just too lazy to keep this up much longer. Time to at least try and move on.

If I succeed, though, it doesn't mean I will be leaving ECF. I'll always be around. Muzic and Papa are my inspirations :) and Rob's great mods made everything possible. I miss the porcupine :(

Hope everyone's doing well!

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

My vaping days are drawing to a close. I'm down to 0.5mg/ml and plan to mix my next bottle at 0mg. Vape on that for a bit, then stop. Not sure how difficult this will be for me. I'm highly addicted to the act of vaping, as I have a very addictive personality. But I think it will work out fine, and if not, it's not like I'm concerned about my health should I feel a need/desire to continue vaping. I'm just too lazy to keep this up much longer. Time to at least try and move on.

If I succeed, though, it doesn't mean I will be leaving ECF. I'll always be around. Muzic and Papa are my inspirations :) and Rob's great mods made everything possible. I miss the porcupine :(

Good on you Tim... It was harder grasping the concept more than actually doing it!! Like you, I thought I was highly addicted to the act and felt like a piece of me was missing if I went somewhere including just to another part of the house much less outside without having my Reo in my hand and felt very unsecure in a way and it wasn't until I started intentionally left my Reo in the house when going outside to do a project that it dawned on me that maybe I didn't need to have it in my hand all the time!! Then came the realization that upon returning to where it was, after a few times, and not feeling the need to even pick it up that it hit me that I didn't need it at all. Then I would leave the house and run small errands without missing it and then the lightbulb lit up in my head and I knew at that point for the 1st time in over 40yrs I didn't need that crutch anymore and before I knew it I had listed and sold all my gear and haven't looked back at all.... :headbang:

eta... Just realized that I just passed 4yrs now since quitting!! My how the time flies!!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Good on you Tim... It was harder grasping the concept more than actually doing it!! Like you, I thought I was highly addicted to the act and felt like a piece of me was missing if I went somewhere including just to another part of the house much less outside without having my Reo in my hand and felt very unsecure in a way and it wasn't until I started intentionally left my Reo in the house when going outside to do a project that it dawned on me that maybe I didn't need to have it in my hand all the time!! Then came the realization that upon returning to where it was, after a few times, and not feeling the need to even pick it up that it hit me that I didn't need it at all. Then I would leave the house and run small errands without missing it and then the lightbulb lit up in my head and I knew at that point for the 1st time in over 40yrs I didn't need that crutch anymore and before I knew it I had listed and sold all my gear and haven't looked back at all.... :headbang:

eta... Just realized that I just passed 4yrs now since quitting!! My how the time flies!!
Hey, good to hear from you! Wow, 4 years...I had no idea it had been that long. Really proud of you man. That's phenomenal! :thumbs:

Very encouraging to hear that. I hope to find the same is true for me. I can totally relate to how you felt. I'll walk 2 rooms over, realize I forgot my mod, and go back for it. Even if I don't wind up vaping until I would have been back with it anyway. I just find it comforting to have it in-hand, and that's something I want to change. And that's a great idea, leaving the house for short outings without it...I think I'll start doing that now just to get used to it not being there for brief periods first.

I appreciate the fact that you still stick around despite no longer vaping. It's great to hear from you and I hope you are doing well my friend! :)

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
So great to see this activity. Bravo to all who no longer vape and still lend a helpful Reo Hand. (One of the biggest reasons I stay connected here). Although i have never thought about quitting vaping, I can absolutely see that it is possible! I too am an obsessive user (Reo always near me even if I am not using it). In the fall i actually increased from 3 mg to 6 because...well...there was a lot going on. Haha. I find myself being able to decrease again to 3 mg and rolling down from there.
thank you all for being who you are: Reofam! Virtual hugs.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
20210213_202957.jpg

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada

Sorry - late to this (been a busy, busy winter).

Good on ya, Sloth! :thumbs:

It's kinda like learning to ride a bicycle. You're head is full of thoughts and fears before you give it a go. The first furtive attempts feel strange... and then... then... then you just ride. Within 2 days it's so second nature to you that you don't even think about it. 40 years for muzic, 30 for me... any urge overwritten. I feel indifference, not hate or fear or craving. Still have a lot of my gear (because I'm lazy) right there, across the room from where I'm typing. Never once thought of picking any of it up to vape.

Get you on that bike, my friend.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Sorry - late to this (been a busy, busy winter).

Good on ya, Sloth! :thumbs:

It's kinda like learning to ride a bicycle. You're head is full of thoughts and fears before you give it a go. The first furtive attempts feel strange... and then... then... then you just ride. Within 2 days it's so second nature to you that you don't even think about it. 40 years for muzic, 30 for me... any urge overwritten. I feel indifference, not hate or fear or craving. Still have a lot of my gear (because I'm lazy) right there, across the room from where I'm typing. Never once thought of picking any of it up to vape.

Get you on that bike, my friend.

Thank you for your helpful scoop. So friendly and non-judgmental....just like a Reonaut. I am so grateful for you all who keep checking in, even when no longer vaping. It inspires me knowing that when I am ready, I won’t be alone!

Thinking about you all who are being hit with snow, ice and cold. If possible, could you trade some of that in for some rain and steer it our way? We are getting a bit (grateful) but sure could use more.
Thanks in advance!

Joules_Verne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2013
SW France
Well, couldn't let it go over a month without any comments on the REO lounge.
Hope everybody is well and keeping safe.
[QUOTE="Papa_Lazarou,
..../ 40 years for muzic, 30 for me... any urge overwritten /.....
55yrs for me, 7-1/2 yrs since I quit and although the addiction is long, long gone and no urge anymore, still need to have a fidget gadget, besides, I enjoy it. Down to 3mg just for flavour enhancement.
Will no doubt be joining you someday, just not yet.
Stay well everyone
DaveD

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Well, couldn't let it go over a month without any comments on the REO lounge.
Hope everybody is well and keeping safe.
[QUOTE="Papa_Lazarou,
..../ 40 years for muzic, 30 for me... any urge overwritten /.....
55yrs for me, 7-1/2 yrs since I quit and although the addiction is long, long gone and no urge anymore, still need to have a fidget gadget, besides, I enjoy it. Down to 3mg just for flavour enhancement.
Will no doubt be joining you someday, just not yet.
Stay well everyone
DaveD
Thank you @Joules_Verne for saying hey! Ditto re what you said re needing a “fidget gadget” and I am back down to 3 mg after re-visiting 6 mg at the start of the pandemic.
Hope you all are well. Gratefully my beloved and I got our vaccines! Sending lots of virtual hugs to our Reonaut Family.

Reactions: Joules_Verne

Users who are viewing this thread