The REOville lounge

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Sloth, my man :toast:

Yeah, it just... happened. Sure, I was headed to visit some countries that come down hard on vaping, but getting ready for that was as simple as putting the mod and juice in a cupboard. After I came back I never once had to slap my hand for reaching to open that cupboard.

Twice, I pulled out some gear to demonstrate vaping to some friends who wanted to get into it. Both times, I vaped 2-3 puffs. Nothing. No "ooo... that feels good" at all. Both times, my buds left with some REO gear and fixings.

On another tangent, I cannot wait for AC: Valhalla to drop on the 10th :banana:. I've been making due with some replaying of Divinity 2 in the meantime.

You are truly an inspiration (as is @muzichead) :toast: I'm happy for you my friend.

Let me know how Valhalla is! I'm tempted to get it, but read there are some PC issues so will wait for them to get sorted out. Looks like a beautiful world and seems to be receiving high praise.

WOW! I hadnt checked into ECF for a couple weeks. REOville sure got busy! It is so interesting that even though I have never met any of you in person, I feel a closeness. You are definitely deep in my heart.
Congratulations @Papa_Lazarou for your 1 year, no vape! And how you did it. And yes, it is so cool that you and @muzichead circle around and share how you are doing. This info will come in handy for others (and me?).

I don’t foresee myself quitting anytime soon but I hear you @Sloth Tonight re feeling a bit slothful about maintenance. Haha. But who knows. I really didn’t have a desire to stop smoking but an approaching surgery years ago opened the window to willingness and Reoville put out the welcome mat. ❤️

Just checking @PapawBrett if you found the part you need to fix your Reo? Let us know, cause we could probably find you one.

Hugs all around gang.

Been thinking of you a lot. I hope you're doing well over there. It's been a rough year in Cali...I missed being able to visit your great State this Fall, but me and airplanes don't get along at the moment. Our fire this Spring gave me a whole new level of empathy for my western friends...it's such a terrifying force.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
The new REOVille ? We needed one.
One of my oldest Classic Grands crapped out on me. After seven years pf daily use, the firing pin failed by breaking off. That's the brass one from the 510 that you push down, with the plunger, onto the top of the battery. It's one of the few REOS pieces I don't have.
Any suggestions ?

Someone was smart and bought a few new adjustable 510 connections just encase haha.

The fix i(i believe) is to drill out the old and press fit the new 510 in. Guessing a socket bit perfect size onto of the new 510 connection and carefully hammer her in? Could do a search for a repair done as I remember reading atleast one person doing this in the past themselves. Rob would of used a press to insert the new 510.

Once press fit in insert a brand new positive contact and tighten down the feed post and good to go.

• Informative
Reactions: Robinowitz

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Anyone know where I can obtain the screw that keeps the plastic insert in REO mods fastened to the back of the battery compartment? I am currently missing my screw. It must of fallen out the squonker hole. Plz halp. :(
Did the new screws work out? I bought I believe 4 new back when.

Also if you do manage to strip the threads for the screw.. the fix I believe was to use a punch right next to the hole and tap it once on the reo to shrink the threads.

• Informative
Reactions: Robinowitz

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
@PapawBrett if you found the part you need to fix your Reo? Let us know, cause we could probably find you one.

Hugs all around gang.

A friend has sent me one, but I have been busy
KIMG0098.JPG

Her name is Natasha. She is a German Shepherd, just seven weeks old. And a handful !

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Did the new screws work out? I bought I believe 4 new back when.

Also if you do manage to strip the threads for the screw.. the fix I believe was to use a punch right next to the hole and tap it once on the reo to shrink the threads.

the new screws came in but I haven’t taken a moment to actually screw one in, although I did push one through the hole and they do seem to be the correct circumference

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
A friend has sent me one, but I have been busy
View attachment 916417
Her name is Natasha. She is a German Shepherd, just seven weeks old. And a handful !
Congratulations on your new and super cute Pooch! Sweet! Also glad you have an “extra” Reos to bet you thru. Haha Keep us posted on pooch development. And remember: no photos means it didn’t happen
Yes indeed @Sloth Tonight, fires suck! I remember what you went thru too. Humbling. The good news is that we got our first rain today (finally). I feel like a kid on xmas! Rain used to be referred to as “winter has started,” has now been replaced with “fire season is over.” We are breathing easier here! (And the masks we wear for COVID sure pulled double duty for a few weeks too). Although we are still on high alert whenever we hear sirens. While it was no fun to evacuate for 12 days and close our business, we are still so grateful for the first responders and many community members who worked tirelessly for weeks on end......AND many had a place to come home too. May I never take this gift for granted.
Hope ya all have a sweet weekend. I am grateful for you all.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Sorry that broke on you, Papa.

I actually just had to shelf a Grand because I think the 510 wiggles a small amount and I get random hits that seem like I have a 3.0ohm coil installed.... Super weak. Yes, I've done calculatus eliminatus and I'm almost certain that the 510 is the culprit. I just grabbed a backup Grand, so it's all good. I have a 510 in my vape station, but no drill press or skills.

• Optimistic
Reactions: kas122461

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Sorry that broke on you, Papa.

I actually just had to shelf a Grand because I think the 510 wiggles a small amount and I get random hits that seem like I have a 3.0ohm coil installed.... Super weak. Yes, I've done calculatus eliminatus and I'm almost certain that the 510 is the culprit. I just grabbed a backup Grand, so it's all good. I have a 510 in my vape station, but no drill press or skills.
Hahaha “calculatus eliminatus”......you almost had me spit my sleepy time tea here.

Reactions: jifjifjif

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Porter with chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon and chili peppers. Nice.
That’s amazing how far beer has evolved. Back when I drank it, the 3 options were dark, light or regular. Haha
Hope ya all are doing a-ok. Unfortunately we are lower than normal on rain here so I’m betting it’s going somewhere else. If you are getting it, please share :)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Unfortunately we are lower than normal on rain here so I’m betting it’s going somewhere else. If you are getting it, please share :)

How would you like it? UPS or regular post?

We've had some epic rains of late.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
How would you like it? UPS or regular post?

We've had some epic rains of late.
Whichever way is convenient. Haha. We got some today (about an inch) which was a super xmas present but we would be willing to take some off your hands :).
We don’t need another dry year. Thanks in advance for sharing @Papa_Lazarou !

Users who are viewing this thread