Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
Now THAT is usefull.

On my vamo, one accidental button press changes the power.
On my zmax, theres only 1 button, and 3 presses in 1 second activates the control menu; one time I discovered it somehow got bumped up from normal 5 watts to 14 watts.

I haven't had any problems with accidentally changing any settings, like said before you'd have to have it in a death grip. The locking feature comes in handy when it's in my pocket and not. I carry my SVD in my pocket frequently and i've had no problems locked or unlocked.

StoneOver

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
Welwyn, Herts UK
I jumped straight to the SVD from a basic evo setup, and i must say its a great device! Looks the part and certainly vapes well! I can't really compare it to much because I'm only 27 days into my vape adventure! I got two iclear30 which come as standard. I purchased an Aerotank which looks great paired with the SVD. It blows clouds and is easy to use once you've had a few days to get to grips with it.

Anyone looking to upgrade I wouldn't underestimate this device certainly worth every penny in my book! Innokin have made a great product here!

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
I am also surprised there aren't more SVD threads. It's a fine device. I use my mechanicals much more, however I always have 2 mods with me - and 1 is always my SVD. The positives of the device are well known so I will list the negatives (which are minor): sometimes the fire button is hard to locate quickly, I have pushed the + or - button thinking it was the fire button several times; it does seem to burn through batts, or at least mine does; it is pretty large and does resemble a light saber ;) See what I mean, pretty minor gripes.
I will be curious to see as time goes on how they stand up durability-wise.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I am also surprised there aren't more SVD threads. It's a fine device. I use my mechanicals much more, however I always have 2 mods with me - and 1 is always my SVD. The positives of the device are well known so I will list the negatives (which are minor): sometimes the fire button is hard to locate quickly, I have pushed the + or - button thinking it was the fire button several times; it does seem to burn through batts, or at least mine does; it is pretty large and does resemble a light saber ;) See what I mean, pretty minor gripes.
I will be curious to see as time goes on how they stand up durability-wise.

Maybe there is an efficiency issue; does it get pretty hot?

Maybe it sacrifices efficiency to deliver a steady dc voltage instead of a PWM signal.

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
Maybe there is an efficiency issue; does it get pretty hot?

Maybe it sacrifices efficiency to deliver a steady dc voltage instead of a PWM signal.

No, it doesn't really get hot. Performs great actually. I think the various functions/features it offers must eat up the battery power. Not a huge concern as long as you have fresh batteries with you. I also vape like I used to smoke though - A LOT :)

mouth

Jan 30, 2014
Cakovec, Croatia
I had an SVD for a little while, loved the looks, the finish, the threads, power, heft, all that. Vaped real good when it vaped. But the fire button design IMO is a huge mistake. Mine misfired from day one (that's why I returned it), and I haven't seen a single person who owned SVD for a few months that didn't start having some sort of issue with the button, be it the loss of clickiness or misfires. After a while the button probably just craps out due to the miniscule cheap tact switch on the PCB. Real shame that Innokin decided to cut costs on a friggin fire button. That said, I now went for MVP (I still really dig Innokin) and am awaiting it.
I might order another SVD in the future for cheap, so I won't be really bothered if it craps out in like 6-9 months.

StoneOver

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
Welwyn, Herts UK
I had an SVD for a little while, loved the looks, the finish, the threads, power, heft, all that. Vaped real good when it vaped. But the fire button design IMO is a huge mistake. Mine misfired from day one (that's why I returned it), and I haven't seen a single person who owned SVD for a few months that didn't start having some sort of issue with the button, be it the loss of clickiness or misfires. After a while the button probably just craps out due to the miniscule cheap tact switch on the PCB. Real shame that Innokin decided to cut costs on a friggin fire button. That said, I now went for MVP (I still really dig Innokin) and am awaiting it.
I might order another SVD in the future for cheap, so I won't be really bothered if it craps out in like 6-9 months.

What colour was your firing button? I know innokin updated the SVD with a black button and moved the + & - buttons so they were the right way when looking at the voltage display.

mouth

Jan 30, 2014
Cakovec, Croatia
What colour was your firing button? I know innokin updated the SVD with a black button and moved the + & - buttons so they were the right way when looking at the voltage display.

It was black. I really don't think you can get the older version (which was pre-release as far as I know) anymore. This was less than a month ago too. And yea the +&- buttons were in the right (new) order.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I'm sending back my SVD because of the fire button in hopes of getting another one that is more reliable, otherwise I really liked it, especially in 18350 mode. I'm starting to question if it is really "authentic" since the delrin insulators are black instead of white.

mouth

Jan 30, 2014
    Cakovec, Croatia
    I'm sending back my SVD because of the fire button in hopes of getting another one that is more reliable, otherwise I really liked it, especially in 18350 mode. I'm starting to question if it is really "authentic" since the delrin insulators are black instead of white.

Yea it's authentic, mine were black too, the new ones are black. There's a few versions of SVD, Innokin revamps their stuff without mentioning it. Shame about the button, hopefully your new one works better. I also read that SVD is quite picky about batteries, and some batteries might actually cause some sort of short which might bring the misfire and shutdown issues. But I think it's probably electronics problem with the dud SVDs, since I used Panasonic 3400mah batteries that plenty of people use in their SVDs without a problem. Oh, mine also shocked me once. It doesn't hurt but it's a weird, unpleasant feeling.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Yea it's authentic, mine were black too, the new ones are black. There's a few versions of SVD, Innokin revamps their stuff without mentioning it. Shame about the button, hopefully your new one works better. I also read that SVD is quite picky about batteries, and some batteries might actually cause some sort of short which might bring the misfire and shutdown issues. But I think it's probably electronics problem with the dud SVDs, since I used Panasonic 3400mah batteries that plenty of people use in their SVDs without a problem. Oh, mine also shocked me once. It doesn't hurt but it's a weird, unpleasant feeling.

Thanks mouth.

I bought the Panasonic NCR18650PDs and Efest IMR 18350s, the SVD works (or doesn't) about the same with both. I hope I don't get a shocker as a return. lol.

lesborda

May 24, 2009
    Kanata,Ontario,Canada
    I just received mine today, so far very impressed and NONE of those ridiculous 510 theading issues like my Vamo 3. Work beautiful, if you watch the review he says you cannot check battery voltage but you can, hold down the + or - button and it will display battery voltage.
    Does anyone know if you can set the LED display to be always on?

Regards
    Les

8dragon9

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 6, 2014
    North Charleston, SC
    Going on two weeks with my svd, zero regrets about it. Pt3 topper but its so far accepted every tank ive tried. I am very impressed and pleased. I like switching between volts and watts, I like how clear the display is just overall enjoying my vapeing on this unit. Happy to find an.svd thread too

sent from the s4 of DOOOM

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread