The thread for Innokin SVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
I believe the manual says something about clearing the chips memory or something when going from one 18650 to two 18350s stacked and back.

"Note: Before you make a switch between one battery and two batteries, please hold the power button for 5 seconds to release the remaining capacity in the main board. (When you make a switch from one battery to two batteries, the main board will keep the one battery settings if you haven't released the remaining capacity; and vice versa. )"

Not sure if that would help with any issues or had anything to do with your situation. I can't say cause I've never stacked I've only used an 18650 until I got my VTR, now I only use my SVD with one 18350 as my go out travel sized mod.

Yeah, I was aware of it but would forget once or twice... which might have been enough to cause the problem. So I'll just stay away from stacking from now on. A good reminder for others though, nice post.

CBCstillmatic

Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
United States
Yeah, I was aware of it but would forget once or twice... which might have been enough to cause the problem. So I'll just stay away from stacking from now on. A good reminder for others though, nice post.

Thanks. I just remembered reading that in another thread about stacking when I originally thought about trying it but never did. Thought it might be useful info for somebody that is switching back and forth and having issues, maybe that could clear them up or something.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
After p'raps 3 weeks of use around the house my SVD has decided it will no longer share with me the charge remaining in the battery through the LED screen. Color indication with the fire button still works.

I got the thing primarily to use as a 18650 back-up device. That's just what it will be.

My overall issues with the device, aside from the battery level fail, are the ergonomics of the thing.

The step created from the "telescoping" aspect of the design comes across as a rough, unfinished concept rather than a final star performer. I'd imagine I'd feel the same about any "telescoping" device so I'll not purchase any others of this form factor.

The raised screen directly opposite the fire button.
Not good, feels klunky as all get out. Either have a finger wrapped over it when hitting the fire button or else must hold the device in an unnatural manner so as to avoid wrapping a finger over it.

Haven't noticed the rattlesnake effect, no airflow issues.
When all's said and done it's a functional albeit uncomfortable to hold battery holder.
So very glad I got it from FT, I'd be ...... if I'd paid "full retail".

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Sometimes it can be a little tricky to get the voltage readout. Sometimes I can be a little absent-minded on which button to push to get it, and how long. But the - button for 3 seconds usually does it.

And ergonomics also bears on the user. I find mine to be pretty comfortable to hold. Yes, the edge of the telescope can be a deal breaker for some. As you say, a "feature" of all the telescope models. If it's actually rough, try burnishing it out with a Scotchbrite type pad. Mine, although of course an edge, is smoothly finished.

Screen opposite the fire button. I actually use that to "find" the fire button without looking. Thumb or finger finds the big flat surface, fire button is opposite. Doesn't matter to me if it's covered when I vape, since it doesn't light up anyway unless you're changing settings or checking values.

Rattlesnake with some toppers (and usually only at certain fill levels), but that's common with the type of regulation used.

Heck we don't all have to like the same things. And it's probably good that we don't!

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Mine's only 3 months, but really like it. Picked it over the Vamo since I figured the all stainless construction shouldn't have the 510 thread issues that seem to plague that one.

Run a variety of toppers: PT1, PT2, Unitank, Davide, and Hypertank. Although I never go out without at least one backup, a full hypertank and a fresh 2900 Samsung 18650 gives me a nice secure feeling :)
Useing my SVD today because my Vamo is sitting home with 510 thread issues.

CBCstillmatic

Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
United States
Sometimes it can be a little tricky to get the voltage readout. Sometimes I can be a little absent-minded on which button to push to get it, and how long. But the - button for 3 seconds usually does it.

And ergonomics also bears on the user. I find mine to be pretty comfortable to hold. Yes, the edge of the telescope can be a deal breaker for some. As you say, a "feature" of all the telescope models. If it's actually rough, try burnishing it out with a Scotchbrite type pad. Mine, although of course an edge, is smoothly finished.

Screen opposite the fire button. I actually use that to "find" the fire button without looking. Thumb or finger finds the big flat surface, fire button is opposite. Doesn't matter to me if it's covered when I vape, since it doesn't light up anyway unless you're changing settings or checking values.

Rattlesnake with some toppers (and usually only at certain fill levels), but that's common with the type of regulation used.

Heck we don't all have to like the same things. And it's probably good that we don't!

I have no issue getting the voltage remaining by holding either the - or + buttons for a few seconds. I actually love that feature as an added convenience to the colored button. I actually wish my vtr had this instead of just relying on the color of the light.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

lesborda

May 24, 2009
Kanata,Ontario,Canada
Is anyone finding these Innokin SVD's to be battery munchers. I swear my batteries last half time they do on my Vamo's and SID.

Maybe because I love this thing and vaping the hell out of it I don't know. I am not using garbage batteries I used Panasonic 18350B's 3400maH,Orbtronics 18650B 2900maH,Samsung 18650-26F 2600maH I think.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW

Not the case with my unit. This function worked when new out of the box. Now it does not work.

...If it's actually rough, try burnishing it out with a Scotchbrite type pad. Mine, although of course an edge, is smoothly finished.

Nope not rough, just the step that is inherent with the design. Telescoping battery holders don't cut the mustard... for me.

Screen opposite the fire button....Doesn't matter to me if it's covered when I vape, since it doesn't light up anyway unless you're changing settings or checking values.

Again, this is a comfort issue. The feel of the raised screen is what is annoying to me.

Rattlesnake with some toppers (and usually only at certain fill levels), but that's common with the type of regulation used....
My unit has not developed the rattlesnake.

As I said, s'ok for a battery holder, but only at FT prices!

8dragon9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
North Charleston, SC
I actually have to say I think its comfortable to hold, I look at it like a tool (im a mechanic) you get used to new designs, hand feel, quickly. In the dark that raised screen is great, finger on.screen, thumb goes right to the fire button. My only real design complaint is the threaded tube feels a little cheap to me as does the bottom end cap. But im going.on three weeks of this as my sole device, in a dusty greasy crappy environment and when I get home I use a quick electronics wipe, and it looks like the day I bought it. Ive had ine drop from 2 feet, into gravel with no ill effects

sent from the s4 of DOOOM

I use mine as a backup to my VTR but really love it. Plus I have a Nautilus tank on top and it looks mighty fine!

I just bought a Nautilus for my SVD. Im digging how fast the tanks seem to be improving these days. How do ya like it? Seems a little tough around the threads on top so far, to connect the top hardware into the coil hardware. Any tricks?

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I just bought a Nautilus for my SVD. Im digging how fast the tanks seem to be improving these days. How do ya like it? Seems a little tough around the threads on top so far, to connect the top hardware into the coil hardware. Any tricks?

I'm on my third coil in my Nautilus, have not experience that issue yet. Maybe try another coil?

Emtbreid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Forest Hill, Md.
Former Halo user (G6 then Triton), 2 1/2 weeks into my SVD and I LOVE IT!!! Using Protank 2 exclusively w/ no issues. I'm loving the battery life I get. 24 Hrs after putting a fully charged 18650 into it i'm down to 3.7v, still yellow on the fire button. I've never pushed it past this point, too afraid to drain the battery too much.

I carry a little bag around w/ me that has one spare fully charged 18650, a second full tank, spare coils, etc. Had big issues w/ batteries dying on me and having to top off liquids several times a day.

brookj1986

Super Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Chicago, IL
Ordered my SVD the other day. Slowtech hasn't sent it out yet. I'm looking very forward to it arriving. Have a couple Efest 18650 2250 mah and Efest 18350 800 mah coming my way as well. I'm very excited. Spent a lot of time researching and pestering people in the Innokin VV V3 thread. Any way, looking forward for the arrival!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk. Excuse typos and stupid autocorrect errors.

Emtbreid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Forest Hill, Md.
Ordered my SVD the other day. Slowtech hasn't sent it out yet. I'm looking very forward to it arriving. Have a couple Efest 18650 2250 mah and Efest 18350 800 mah coming my way as well. I'm very excited. Spent a lot of time researching and pestering people in the Innokin VV V3 thread. Any way, looking forward for the arrival!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk. Excuse typos and stupid autocorrect errors.
I got lucky in that a b&m had one in stock. You're gonna love the SVD ! My efest 18650s last me over24 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread