The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The thread for Innokin SVD

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by TheReign, Jan 29, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Emtbreid

Emtbreid Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2013
    Forest Hill, Md.
    agreed! Have you seen the provari version 3? Not on sale yet but soon will be, does vv and vw, max 20 watts I think. Does sub ohm but not sure how low, maybe .6 or .7. Nice looking machine!
    ProVari 3 | The Personal Vaporizer Perfected.

2. Heliflyer3

Heliflyer3 Senior Member Verified Member

Aug 24, 2014
    St Clair Shores MI,USA
    I've had my SVD for little over a week w a Nautilus Mega, BVC and 18650's and love this Mod. Yes its big and heavy but it feels solid in my hands and the looks I get when people see it makes me laugh. Great vapor out put at just 8w and full flavor. I can easily go 15 hrs on the battery and a filled tank and I vape quite often. Good to see that others enjoy their SVD as much as me - Vape on brothers & Sisters :toast:

3. Skenzer

Skenzer Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2013
    West MI
    Yep, almost all SVD's are great for the first month. Give it a couple more weeks and see if it's still that great. Unfortunately, SVD's have a twisted sense of humor. They make us fall in love with them and then dump us on the side of the road after a month.

I've been thinking about this for a while now. I used to be a big Innokin flag waving fan. Loved my SVD, really loved my MVP 2. And their toppers are generally pretty good. That being said, My first SVD's button all but died on me after a month and my second one is doing ok because i use it rarely. My MVP 2 started out great as well but now I get the joy and privilege of adjusting it's 510 center pin 5 times a day so it can make contact with my various RDA's/toppers.

So glad I went mechanical....and even more happy that I got away from Innokin. They have some work to do in order to bring this former fan back into the fold.

4. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    I do love my SVD.

So much, I talked a newbie on this forum into getting one. She told me she was waiting for her delivery from an eBay purchase.

Never heard from her and she's never posted here since.

5. VapieDan

VapieDan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Do not judge Innokin by the SVD. This was their one failure in a lineup of great mods. The VTR, MVP, Cool Fires are excellent. How they fell down on the job with this one I know not.

6. technowiz

technowiz Full Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Broken Bow, OK, USA
    I've had mine since may and haven't had any problems with it.

7. Emilie

Emilie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    Twin Cities, MN
    Sorry to say, everyone, but it's time I abandoned ship.

Last night I purchased a ProVari Mini from someone here. I couldn't wait for them to come out with their VW version.

8. Talons001

Talons001 Senior Member Verified Member

Sep 5, 2014
    North Carolina, USA
    I love my SVD, it's absolutely great. The telescopic tube, the stainless steel, the weight of it especially. I am a tree-man, so I need something that can withstand the abuse and the SVD has proven itself in that aspect.
    Unfortunately, like so many other people have experienced, the firing button is going out. I've found a few different fixes, but I don't want to strip it down and try to repair it until I have something else.
    Althought the firing button isn't completely gone yet, it is somewhat bothersome at times, what with the random shutoffs and constant misfires. I definitely will not give up on it, and I may even buy another one if I can't find something else to fall in love with.

9. DEAc23

DEAc23 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 24, 2014
    Washington
    Mine seems to be working a lot better than it was when I made the above post :) I used my MVP 2 for a couple days, and then when I needed to charge it I tried my SVD again, and it's been working pretty well since then (a few days). I can get it to fire almost every time with little effort, but naturally there is still the random shutoff/non-fire.

I just hope it continues to work like it is until I can afford a Provari 2.5, as I'm done buying devices that are prone to failure.

10. Emilie

Emilie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    Twin Cities, MN
    Same. I'm back to using my second SVD (my third failed), and it's working most of the time.

Even so, I can't trust it for long-term use, which is why I bought my ProVari Mini. I'm already eying that green ProVari 2.5, for a little variety. ;)

11. Quitter

Quitter Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2009
    Cleveland, OH
    I have an SVD on the way from FT. After reading all the issues, I'm sure hoping it wasn't wasted money. I went ahead and bought a Vamo from a US supplier and got it right away to use as a back up (or the other way around) Guess I'll withold judgement till after it get here.

12. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Let us know how it goes.

$37 isn't that bad for a waste of money. Just don't invest in the 18490/18500 batteries incase you want to upgrade to the 2.0.

13. Quitter

Jun 26, 2009
    Cleveland, OH
    I took delivery on my SVD yesterday and paired it up with my Aerotank Mega. I will say that the rig is awesome looking. A real adjustment in size for me since I was coming from Spinners and Aerotank Mini! This is a formidIble piece to hold now. No stealthvgaping with this Light Saber!

I've read the million pages in this thread about the firing button issues and hold hope that mine will be the exception. And that's because I think Innokin has a winner if it can be reliable. I mean, how hard is it to include a reliable firing button!! My cheapest eGo batts have buttons that work!

I bought a Vamo V5 to use as back up. Nice rig too, but I do like the SVD. Wsh me luck!!!

14. K_Tech

K_Tech Slightly mad but harmless Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Eastern Ohio, USA
    Lol, that's something MANY of us have wondered!

Good luck!!!

15. VapieDan

Better be quick on this one. SVD for $26.99 $8.90 shipping for a total of $35.89 AS of this post 51 in stock. Shipped from the USA.

Happy Hour

16. Quitter

Jun 26, 2009
    Cleveland, OH
    Shipped from the USA? Where?

17. VapieDan

California

18. VapieDan

19. Burnie