The thread for Innokin SVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emtbreid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Forest Hill, Md.
glad you found what works for you at whatever the price, that's the bottom line!

my personal feeling on this, for the money the Provari costs i could get a newer dna type device that is fully versatile, to sub with or at least have the option....not trying to get a stink going just my own opinion.....sorta wish the Provari makers would come out with a newer tech type device.

i've always found the SVD to be awesome when fully functional and i like the aesthetics of it, it's a shame the quality of the button was so bad...... yet i won't pay 99 bucks for the new model they can have it......... have a good one :vapor:
agreed! Have you seen the provari version 3? Not on sale yet but soon will be, does vv and vw, max 20 watts I think. Does sub ohm but not sure how low, maybe .6 or .7. Nice looking machine!
ProVari 3 | The Personal Vaporizer Perfected.

Heliflyer3

Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
St Clair Shores MI,USA
I've had my SVD for little over a week w a Nautilus Mega, BVC and 18650's and love this Mod. Yes its big and heavy but it feels solid in my hands and the looks I get when people see it makes me laugh. Great vapor out put at just 8w and full flavor. I can easily go 15 hrs on the battery and a filled tank and I vape quite often. Good to see that others enjoy their SVD as much as me - Vape on brothers & Sisters :toast:

Skenzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
West MI
I've had my SVD for little over a week w a Nautilus Mega, BVC and 18650's and love this Mod. Yes its big and heavy but it feels solid in my hands and the looks I get when people see it makes me laugh. Great vapor out put at just 8w and full flavor. I can easily go 15 hrs on the battery and a filled tank and I vape quite often. Good to see that others enjoy their SVD as much as me - Vape on brothers & Sisters :toast:

Yep, almost all SVD's are great for the first month. Give it a couple more weeks and see if it's still that great. Unfortunately, SVD's have a twisted sense of humor. They make us fall in love with them and then dump us on the side of the road after a month.

I've been thinking about this for a while now. I used to be a big Innokin flag waving fan. Loved my SVD, really loved my MVP 2. And their toppers are generally pretty good. That being said, My first SVD's button all but died on me after a month and my second one is doing ok because i use it rarely. My MVP 2 started out great as well but now I get the joy and privilege of adjusting it's 510 center pin 5 times a day so it can make contact with my various RDA's/toppers.

So glad I went mechanical....and even more happy that I got away from Innokin. They have some work to do in order to bring this former fan back into the fold.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Yep, almost all SVD's are great for the first month. Give it a couple more weeks and see if it's still that great. Unfortunately, SVD's have a twisted sense of humor. They make us fall in love with them and then dump us on the side of the road after a month.

I've been thinking about this for a while now. I used to be a big Innokin flag waving fan. Loved my SVD, really loved my MVP 2. And their toppers are generally pretty good. That being said, My first SVD's button all but died on me after a month and my second one is doing ok because i use it rarely. My MVP 2 started out great as well but now I get the joy and privilege of adjusting it's 510 center pin 5 times a day so it can make contact with my various RDA's/toppers.

So glad I went mechanical....and even more happy that I got away from Innokin. They have some work to do in order to bring this former fan back into the fold.

Do not judge Innokin by the SVD. This was their one failure in a lineup of great mods. The VTR, MVP, Cool Fires are excellent. How they fell down on the job with this one I know not.

Talons001

Verified Member
Sep 5, 2014
North Carolina, USA
I love my SVD, it's absolutely great. The telescopic tube, the stainless steel, the weight of it especially. I am a tree-man, so I need something that can withstand the abuse and the SVD has proven itself in that aspect.
Unfortunately, like so many other people have experienced, the firing button is going out. I've found a few different fixes, but I don't want to strip it down and try to repair it until I have something else.
Althought the firing button isn't completely gone yet, it is somewhat bothersome at times, what with the random shutoffs and constant misfires. I definitely will not give up on it, and I may even buy another one if I can't find something else to fall in love with.

DEAc23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Washington
Well my 2nd SVD seems to be starting to fail :mad:, more and more often it's suddenly turning off, and if I don't hold the button perfectly while vaping it will stop firing. It's one of the SVD's with a black button, so they definitely haven't all been fixed/upgraded. I still have both of my SVD's with the boxes, and they both still look pretty much brand new. My first one was bought back in May (it also had the black button), and it failed around 5 weeks after I purchased it, but the vendor (VaporEngine.com) didn't make me send it back in, which is why I still have it sitting in the box.

I'm really hoping that if my second one actually fails I will be able to just send it in to the Innokin repair center.

Mine seems to be working a lot better than it was when I made the above post :) I used my MVP 2 for a couple days, and then when I needed to charge it I tried my SVD again, and it's been working pretty well since then (a few days). I can get it to fire almost every time with little effort, but naturally there is still the random shutoff/non-fire.

I just hope it continues to work like it is until I can afford a Provari 2.5, as I'm done buying devices that are prone to failure.

Emilie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
Mine seems to be working a lot better than it was when I made the above post :) I used my MVP 2 for a couple days, and then when I needed to charge it I tried my SVD again, and it's been working pretty well since then (a few days). I can get it to fire almost every time with little effort, but naturally there is still the random shutoff/non-fire.

I just hope it continues to work like it is until I can afford a Provari 2.5, as I'm done buying devices that are prone to failure.

Same. I'm back to using my second SVD (my third failed), and it's working most of the time.

Even so, I can't trust it for long-term use, which is why I bought my ProVari Mini. I'm already eying that green ProVari 2.5, for a little variety. ;)

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
I took delivery on my SVD yesterday and paired it up with my Aerotank Mega. I will say that the rig is awesome looking. A real adjustment in size for me since I was coming from Spinners and Aerotank Mini! This is a formidIble piece to hold now. No stealthvgaping with this Light Saber!

I've read the million pages in this thread about the firing button issues and hold hope that mine will be the exception. And that's because I think Innokin has a winner if it can be reliable. I mean, how hard is it to include a reliable firing button!! My cheapest eGo batts have buttons that work!

I bought a Vamo V5 to use as back up. Nice rig too, but I do like the SVD. Wsh me luck!!!

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
I've read the million pages in this thread about the firing button issues and hold hope that mine will be the exception. And that's because I think Innokin has a winner if it can be reliable. I mean, how hard is it to include a reliable firing button!! My cheapest eGo batts have buttons that work!

Lol, that's something MANY of us have wondered!

I bought a Vamo V5 to use as back up. Nice rig too, but I do like the SVD. Wsh me luck!!!

Good luck!!!

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013