The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The thread for Innokin SVD

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by TheReign, Jan 29, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Marc411

Marc411 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    Not sure what more I can say here folks, the new controller works like a charm. The button is very clicky and fires every time. I can't tell the difference in the damn button, looks exactly the same to me. Happily it looks like the top picture posted above.

Time will tell, I just glad it's working again. It was my first real PV.

2. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mine looks like the top one, Burnie.

Nice pics!

3. K_Tech

K_Tech Slightly mad but harmless Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Eastern Ohio, USA
    Thanks very much!

4. V_lestat

V_lestat Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    in my eyes nothing has been fixed

both of mine have the black button and both buttons or circuitry inside went to hell

I need to rma the 2nd one back to myfreedomsmokes and just get something else.

it will power itself off, not fire, low volt/wattage fire - meaning its not firing at the power level I set it too and I can tell because of very light hits, very little vapor.

mostly it just soft fires or doesn't fire at all

but I can attest to the fact that, in my eyes, nothing has been fixed. they changed the button color and left the crappy insides.

I can rap mine with my finger a few times using my knuckle, like I am knocking on a door, and it will start working again for a bit

this proves that something is lose inside.

im sending mine back and getting another MVP 2.0 as mine has been nothing but rock solid. - I just wish it had the spring loaded 510 pin like the SVD

5. DEAc23

DEAc23 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 24, 2014
    Washington
    Well my 2nd SVD seems to be starting to fail :mad:, more and more often it's suddenly turning off, and if I don't hold the button perfectly while vaping it will stop firing. It's one of the SVD's with a black button, so they definitely haven't all been fixed/upgraded. I still have both of my SVD's with the boxes, and they both still look pretty much brand new. My first one was bought back in May (it also had the black button), and it failed around 5 weeks after I purchased it, but the vendor (VaporEngine.com) didn't make me send it back in, which is why I still have it sitting in the box.

I'm really hoping that if my second one actually fails I will be able to just send it in to the Innokin repair center.

6. michaelpet

michaelpet Full Member

May 11, 2013
    snow
    yup, same issue I got after 5 weeks.

No use sending it back to fasttech for a new one. The shipping refund would be 19$ (50% of the svd price). Actual shipping cost would be 47$.

7. VapieDan

VapieDan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Be advised you will ship to Florida for return and they will return shipping cost. Contact them

8. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    "Authentic"

Spent $37 at Christmas, then $3 getting a still usable replacement.

I'm betting the 2.0 will be a better value...at FT :)

9. michaelpet

michaelpet Full Member

May 11, 2013
    snow
    no, for me its hk. (from Europe). As with everything, either buy locally at higher price with consumer laws, or risk it getting it cheaper abroad.

10. Quitter

Quitter Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2009
    Cleveland, OH
    I've been a Vission Spinner user for quite some time and just can't handle the battery life any longer. I'm ready to go to a tube mode for the bigger battery life. I get really excited when I found the SVD. Seemed like it would be perfecta. But then I read through this thread. I understand it's not a high end unit like the Provari, but are these units really as cheap and crappy as the posters in this thread are saying? Does every one of them fail so quickly?

I'm a long time veteran vaper - since 2008!!! and at one time bought a Prodigy V2. It had serious firing button issues and nothing was more maddening!! I almost threw it out the window of my car dozens of times!!

Am I really stupid to by an SVD?

11. Burnie

Burnie The Bug Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    The biggest problem is the fire button going bad. I have had mine 6 months and no problems (knock wood), but have seen lots that the fire button has gone bad in 1 to 2 months. When it works, it is a very good device, but you are taking a chance if you get one. JMHO

Vape On
    Burnie
    :vapor:

12. DavidOck

Supporting member
    Ditto Burnie's comment. I've had mine for nearly a year and am pretty happy with it. Yes, the fire button lost its "click", and sometimes if I don't press it firmly it will suffer from "contact bounce" and think I've pressed it 3 times to turn off, but otherwise it's been a fine mod. Dropped numerous times with no damage - it's built very solidly. I personally like the multi-button interface, and it's one of the few regulated mods that allow you to lock the settings (not turn it off, which many manufacturers call "lock" ...) so you don't inadvertently change them by hitting the wrong button. (The Tesla is the only other one I know of that has that feature.)

13. Quitter

Quitter Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2009
    Cleveland, OH
    Thanks for replies guys! I think for the deal you can get at Fasttech, I'll give it a try. But for a reliable unit, is there other tube mods I should be considering? Everyone raves about the solid reliability of the Provari, but man, that's a tough price point to swallow! Any other ones out there that have solid firing buttons and take a 18650 battery? I don't mess with voltage much, so having a plethora of controls or ease of use isn't as big a consideration.. Reliability is the top need.

14. DavidOck

Supporting member
    Well, the "low" end ones will logically not be as "reliable" as the high end, like the Provari. But you really do need to have at least two of everything anyway....

The Vamo, in it's various models, generally gets good reviews. Only weak spot is the 510 thread, but an adapter permanently mounted takes care of that. Adjustable (not telescoping) for 18650, 18500 and 18350.

The Tesla. 18650 only.

Sigelie Zmax V3 or V5.

And you may want to jump to this thread for more :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/599124-value-money-apv.html

15. Emilie

Emilie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    Twin Cities, MN
    I can't really answer your question. Only you can. Innokin still has problems with the buttons on these, but I'll say this...if you get one, buy from an authorized dealer. I've had three. My first I bought on eBay and went out in two weeks. My second I bought at an authorized dealer, and the button started to become slightly wonky after about a two months or so. My third lasted about a couple of weeks, which was another bought on eBay.

I'm back to using my second because I don't have any money and it still works most of the time, though it does have a tendency to turn off if I don't press the button hard enough (but not so hard it breaks it).

I will say that I LOVE the look and controls on this mod better than any other I've ever seen, but besides the button issues, I'd say a small gripe I have with it is the type of signal it sends to your atomizer (I forget what it's called, I'm sorry). The highest wattage I can vape at is 8.5 watts and it not taste burnt. But that's okay, though, because I've heard that at ~9.5 watts ejuice breaks down to some nasties.

I guess this is all okay, though, because I think I'm going to break my two bad ones apart (when I get around to it), fix the firing switches (replace them), and make a couple of custom mods. I just saw an amazing-looking steampunk mod a few minutes ago.

16. VapieDan

VapieDan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Try one or two days

17. Emtbreid

Emtbreid Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2013
    Forest Hill, Md.
    My svd finally gave up the ghost after 5 months of use. Started having issues with the fire button after a month or two. Replaced it with a provari 2.5 a month and a half ago, no more problems.

18. sando7

sando7 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2014
    Louisville, KY (PRP)
    what a bummer, another one bites the dust. :evil:

edit, mine still works but for how long; it's in semi-retirement

19. Emtbreid

Emtbreid Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2013
    Forest Hill, Md.
    I carry mine around with me as backup . Pulled it out the other day to try it and see if it was still jacked, and it is... After a month and a half of not touching it. I got my svd in feb. I had enough money to buy a provari but didn't because the svd was cheaper, and the provari lacked variable wattage. Biggest mistake of my life. Now look, I'm not trying to sway anyone from the svd, nor am I trying to knock it. I really do like the device. Had the fire button not .... out on me I'd still be using it. But I'll never buy another innokin product. This same issue happened with my svd and with an itaste vv that I got when the svd barely fired. The provari JUST WORKS. You press the button, and it fires the same from start to finish of the battery. I'm extremely happy with my purchase! I really did like my svd though. I've seen something about an svd version 2, I only hope innokin takes something away from the issues with the button and maybe upgrades that particular component.

20. sando7

sando7 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2014
    Louisville, KY (PRP)
    glad you found what works for you at whatever the price, that's the bottom line!

my personal feeling on this, for the money the Provari costs i could get a newer DNA type device that is fully versatile, to sub with or at least have the option....not trying to get a stink going just my own opinion.....sorta wish the Provari makers would come out with a newer tech type device.

i've always found the SVD to be awesome when fully functional and i like the aesthetics of it, it's a shame the quality of the button was so bad...... yet i won't pay 99 bucks for the new model they can have it......... have a good one :vapor:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.